The Perfect Cupcake Recipe (using a mix)
This is my all time favorite, go to “recipe” for cupcakes. You can use this “trick” to make a box cake mix taste like “from scratch”
- 1 box mix (any flavor*) – but get the good kind, Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (use butter not margarine….trust me on this!)
- 1 cup of water
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add cake mix, eggs and water to the butter in large bowl.
- Mix on low for 1 min. Then mix on high for 1 min.
- You will be amazed that your batter is nice and thick and creamy - not thin and runny like it is when you follow the box instructions.
- Fill cupcake papers – tip: use an icecream scooper! – One scoop is just the right amount per cupcake!
- Pop them in the oven on 350 for 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
I use this 99% of the time when I make cakes and cupcakes and I always get lots of compliments!
*Because I get so many emails asking…….YES you can use this to make a cake too! Cupcakes are just mini cakes
MORE Cupcake Recipes