The Perfect Cupcake Recipe (using a mix)
The Perfect Cupcake Recipe using a mix. This is my all time favorite, go to “recipe” for cupcakes. You can use this “trick” to make a box cake mix taste like “from scratch”
If you follow this Perfect Cupcake Recipe using a mix, you will be amazed that your batter is nice and thick and creamy – not thin and runny like it is when you follow the box instructions.
TIP: When filling cupcake papers – use an ice cream scooper! – One scoop is just the right amount per cupcake!
I recommend for making perfect cupcakes:
*Because I get so many emails asking…….YES you can use this to make a cake too! Cupcakes are just mini cakes. 😉
Perfect Cupcake Recipe using a mix
- 1 box mix (any flavor*) – but get the good kind, Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup of water
- Heat oven to 350° and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter and water using an electric mixer on low for one minute, then mix on high for one minute.
- Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners, filling each two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool completely.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Like this Perfect Cupcake Recipe using a mix? PIN IT!
Click here for MORE Cupcake Recipes