Pistachio Cookies with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt
Pistachio Cookies are sure to become a favorite! The subtle green color makes them perfect for St. Patricks Day, Easter, Christmas or any day. These deliciously soft pudding cookies are buttery and salty with dark chocolate chips that pair perfectly with pistachios. I bet you can’t eat just one!
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
SAVE this recipe to Pinterest!
Have you ever added pudding mix to your cookies? If you haven’t, you don’t know what you are missing. If you like soft cookies and pistachios, you’re going to love these pistachio cookies! The pudding not only makes the cookies super moist and have such a great flavor, but it keeps them soft until the last cookie is gone!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
We always have a bag of pistachios in the snack cabinet and spumoni ice cream has always been a favorite – I’ve been known to go out for Italian for dinner just so I can have spumoni ice cream for dessert 😉 I’m not sure why I’ve never used pistachios in a recipe like; Pistachio Smoothie, Creamy Cranberry Pistachio Fudge or No Bake Pistachio Ice Box Cake.
Being big fans of pistachios, I knew we’d like pistachio cookies.
The addition of dark chocolate chips and a sprinkled of sea salt….makes them hard to resist.
Let me share a little tip about the pistachios. You can, of course, buy them in the shell and shell them yourself, but that’s going to take a while. Do yourself a favor and splurge on the no shell pistachios (I found a small 6 ounce bag at the grocery store for about $6). Then use a nut chopper to chop them in no time. If you don’t have a nut chopper, you’ll need a good sharp knife to chop them.
You can certainly opt to leave the pistachios out of the cookies, as the pistachio pudding will give them flavor, but the added crunch and flavor of the nuts is worth it!
The soft pistachio pudding cookie with dark chocolate chips sprinkled with sea salt is the perfect combination. These would be so fun to give out on St. Patricks Day, on an Easter dessert table or even just as a treat after school.
This recipe makes about 30 cookies. Be warned though, you may want to make a double batch because they’ll disappear quickly.
Like these pistachio cookies? Pin It!
More Pistachio Recipes You May Want to Try
- Double Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Energy Bars
- Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies
- Pistachio Gelato
- Oreo Mint Pistachio Ice Cream Pie
- Pistachio Baklava
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
A soft pudding cookie that is sure to become a family favorite!
- 1⅔ cups all purpose flour
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- sea salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream sugars and butter together using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and mix on low just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pistachios. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Roll cookie dough into 1½-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. (dough will be dry, press together to form ball). Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or just until they are set. Remove from oven if you see any brown on the edges.
- Cool on baking sheet for several minutes before moving to a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.