Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love the aroma of sweets baking in my oven. It always means something wonderful is on it’s way to our table.
Aromas have such a powerful trigger of emotions and memories…..I remember as a child walking into my grandma’s house and always smelling something delicious ….it would have my mouth watering instantly . Today those same aromas remind me of happy times with family and loved ones.
Sweet breads and muffins are usually a sure way to trigger a memory…. butter just melting in my mouth, the flavor reaching every taste bud filling me with happiness.
When my girls were little my mom would make them muffins every time they spent the night….whoever got up first got to help and lick the bowl!
Today, they’re too old to spend the night with grandma anymore, but they still enjoy muffins for breakfast, and the memories they bring!!
First one up…….still gets to
lick the bowl help!
A moist banana muffin with a hint of peanut butter.
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease two 12-cup muffin pans or line with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter with peanut butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk combined with bananas with mixer on low speed until blended. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pans to make 18 muffins, then carefully fill empty cups with water.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans and cool completely.
What aromas trigger memories for you?
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.