Easy High Protein Banana Nut Pancakes
A delicious way to get some extra protein in your breakfast!
15 Minutes to Prepare and Cook
- 2 pouches Quaker Protein instant oatmeal, Banana (any type/flavor you like)
- 1/2 cup egg whites (or 2 eggs)
- 2/3 cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender (I use my Magic Bullet) and blend until well combines. * NOTE – this “batter” is VERY thick
- Preheat a non-stick skillet sprayed with Pam over medium heat.
- Makes 8 medium pancakes (about 6-inch)
- Flip carefully because these pancakes are very tender.
- May need to cook longer than ‘regular’ pancakes. - NOTE – these burn easy, be sure to cook slower at a lower temp than ‘regular pancakes’.
- Enjoy with Sugar Free maple syrup
These pancakes cook best at a lower temp (medium is better than medium-high) they tend to burn easily, so be sure to cook slower at a lower temp than ‘regular pancakes’.
When I make 1/2 the recipe and only get 2 pancakes.
If not using flavored oatmeal you may wish to add a little cinnamon, sweetener and vanilla extract or other flavorings to taste.
Be sure to read all of the comments, lots of good tips and suggestions as well.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.