Easy High Protein Banana Nut Pancakes
A delicious way to get some extra protein in your breakfast!
15 Minutes to Prepare and Cook
Easy High Protein Pancakes
- 2 pouches Quaker Protein instant oatmeal, Banana (any type/flavor you like)
- 1/2 cup egg whites (or 2 eggs)
- 2/3 cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender (I use my Magic Bullet) and blend until well combines. * NOTE – this “batter” is VERY thick
- Preheat a non-stick skillet sprayed with Pam over medium heat.
- Makes 8 medium pancakes (about 6-inch)
- Flip carefully because these pancakes are very tender.
- May need to cook longer than ‘regular’ pancakes. - NOTE – these burn easy, be sure to cook slower at a lower temp than ‘regular pancakes’.
- Enjoy with Sugar Free maple syrup
These pancakes cook best at a lower temp (medium is better than medium-high) they tend to burn easily, so be sure to cook slower at a lower temp than ‘regular pancakes’.
When I make 1/2 the recipe and only get 2 pancakes.
If not using flavored oatmeal you may wish to add a little cinnamon, sweetener and vanilla extract or other flavorings to taste.
Be sure to read all of the comments, lots of good tips and suggestions as well.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.
For some reason, 11 years ago when I moved into this house, I have not been able to make a good pancake. I got out the electric skillet last month and have to admit, it was better. Not good, but better. These are interesting. I will ponder them a bit, I’d have to do them in hiding, if the hubby saw the ingredients he’d stroke. heeheehee
Well, I do NOT like cottage cheese at ALL – but I couldn’t even taste it in this recipe – so that’s a good thing! LOL They really taste nothing like you’d think by the ingredients! – just remember, the biggest tip is to cook these slowly!!
those look and sound yummy I will print and try soon, thanks hugs, Lisa
I am definately going to make these! THANK YOU!
Those look delish and healthy too? I am going to have to try them. My kids love pancakes.
This looks like a great way to make breakfast a little healthy for everyone. Fresh fruit on them sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe!