Greek Chicken Wrap
My favorite GREEK CHICKEN WRAP is stuffed with rotisserie chicken, crunchy fresh veggies, crumbled feta, and Kalamata olives topped with a creamy dressing all wrapped tightly in a delicious flour tortilla. Healthy, quick, and perfect for lunch or dinner!
You can never go wrong with a healthy-ish sandwich for a quick meal or snack. Some of our favorites include Roasted Turkey, Apple & Cheddar Sandwich, Sweet Heat Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich, and BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwich.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Table of Contents
Why We Love Greek Chicken Wraps
Easy meals–we’re talking 30-minutes or less– are lifesavers when life is hectic! This greek chicken wrap meets all of the criteria for a perfect lunch or dinner that can be prepped and ready to go in no time!
Serve them with a side of veggies, hummus and fresh fruit. These Greek Chicken Wraps could not be easier to make–especially if you use leftover cooked or rotisserie chicken.
The filling does keep well in the fridge for a couple of days so you can make it ahead of time and eat it all week. Everyone loves them, and I love how easy they are.
Are Chicken Wraps Healthy?
Not all wraps are created equal. It really depends on what is inside the wrap to determine if it’s a healthy chicken wrap. Cheese, fatty meat, and creamy dressings are usually the biggest culprits in an unhealthy wrap.
A healthy wrap should be stuffed full of veggies. Look for proteins like beans, lean meat like grilled chicken or turkey (not fried), and a thin, vinaigrette dressing instead of a creamy ranch.
Ingredients For Easy Greek Chicken Wraps
Make a greek chicken wrap just one time, and you’ll want to make them every week!
- garbanzo beans – Some call them “garbanzos,” some call them “chick peas,” but everyone always calls them delicious! I like to use Bush’s for their flavor and quality.
- flour tortillas – You can substitute for spinach & herb or tomato and basil tortillas or use pita or naan if you prefer.
- lettuce – Shredded lettuce is called for, but spinach is a delicious and healthy alternative!
- Italian dressing – Traditional Italian dressing works best here rather than the creamy version.
- plain Greek yogurt – another great source of protein
- chicken – Cooked and shredded. Although to save time, you can also pick up a rotisserie chicken!
- cucumber – They bring the crispy crunch. FYI: the seeds and skin of cucumbers are the most nutrient-rich parts of the cucumber.
- red onion – they add great color. Soak them in ice water as you prep your other ingredients to make them extra crisp and they will lose the strong taste and become sweeter.
- tomato – I prefer cherry or grape tomatoes, they are tiny and sweet.
- feta cheese – This grainy, salty cheese is a must for any Greek-inspired dish. Feta is often touted to be a healthier cheese. It’s lower in fat and calories than aged cheeses and has more calcium and B vitamins than soft cheeses
- kalamata olives – They have a rich flavor, with a pang of fruitiness that sets them apart from most other types of olives. Bonus: Kalamata olives are considered to be the overall healthiest type of olives, and they are also one of the healthiest foods in general.
How To Make Greek Chicken Wraps
The Greek-inspired flavors of the feta cheese. garbanzo beans and kalamata olives really make these wraps stand out!
(full printable recipe at the end of this post)
Step One: Place half the garbanzo beans in a saucepan. Mash them gently with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Stir in the remaining whole beans and heat through. Cover and set aside.
Step Two: Arrange the flour tortillas (or wrap of your choice) on the counter, place lettuce evenly in the center of each. Mix the yogurt and Italian dressing in a small bowl and set aside.
Step Three: Combine the remaining ingredients with the bean mixture. Then add the yogurt and dressing mixture and stir to combine.
Step Four: Divide the filling mixture onto prepared tortillas. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll up tightly. These can be served warm or cold. Enjoy!
Tips For Easy Greek Chicken Wraps
For a vegetarian option, switch out the chicken for tofu or leave it out completely.
Try adding a bit of hummus to the wrap for extra flavor!
Skip the wrap and turn this into a mouthwatering salad. Instead of mixing the ingredients into the yogurt and dressing mixture, toss the ingredients in with a bed of spinach and drizzle the yogurt and dressing mixture over top.
If making ahead of time, I suggest making the filling and keeping it separate from the tortillas until ready to eat so the dressing mixture doesn’t make the tortilla too soggy.
For another time-saving tip, make the shredded chicken or use a rotisserie chicken and freeze it. That way you have some on hand and can whip these wraps up all year long when those lazy, crazy days get the best of you!
Like This Greek Chicken Wrap Recipe? Pin It!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Garbanzo beans, chicken, feta cheese, tomatoes, and cucumbers are rolled in tortillas for a quick Greek-inspired lunch or dinner.
- 1 (16 ounce) can BUSH’S® Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 4 or 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 small cucumber, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped or sliced
- Place half the beans in a saucepan; mash gently with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Stir in remaining whole beans; heat through. Cover and set aside.
- Arrange tortillas on the counter, place lettuce evenly in the center of each. Mix yogurt and dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients with bean mixture, adding the yogurt and dressing mixture last.
- Divide mixture onto prepared tortillas. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up tightly. Serve warm or cold.
Disclaimer: I grew up in a house that used Bush’s Beans, I am now proud to be a brand ambassador for them for over three years and counting! As always, all opinions and views are my own.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.