Easy Halloween Craft Pumpkin Witch Hat
Have you started any Halloween decorating yet? Today I’m sharing a super easy fun idea for decorating a craft foam pumpkin! Who ever came up with these faux pumpkins is a genius! Not only are there so many things you can do with them, but I love that you will have them for years to come, instead of throwing them out each year. You could, of course, use a real pumpkin for this easy Halloween craft, since it’s really all about the witch hat.
I’m all about easy, and this halloween craft couldn’t get any easier. Allison actually did most of the work, and put it together in about 20 minutes, maybe less. Last year I saw this black and white glam pumpkin and high tailed it to Michaels to buy all the supplies…….and I never got around to making it. The nice thing about that is, when we were looking for a halloween craft, we already had everything we needed in our craft closet!
Pumpkin Witch Halloween Craft Supplies:
- Paper Mache unfinished Witch Hat
- white pumpkin (I used a foam pumpkin)
- Halloween wired ribbon
- craft paint (green, black, orange or purple)
- sponge brush
- Faux spiders or other embellishments
- Halloween floral picks
- BOO! rhinestone decal
- hot glue and glue gun (optional)
1. Cover work area with a old newspaper, cloth or wax paper. Use sponge brush to paint 2 coats of paint on the unfinished witch hat. Set aside to dry about 15 minutes.
2. While hat is drying, add BOO! rhinestones to pumpkin. **I purchased this decal at Michaels last year, if you can’t find the exact one you can decorate your pumpkin however you’d like. Eyeglasses in vinyl would be super cute!
3. Measure out enough ribbon to wrap around hat and tie a bow. Using wired ribbon will allow a much prettier bow, it will give your bow more body, it’s more sturdy and really easy to work with. Tie ribbon in a bow around the had and fluff the loops.
4. Cut small pieces of Halloween floral picks and tuck into the bow. You could use hot glue here if you can’t get them to stay in place.
5. Embellish with a faux spider on the brim of the hat (if it’s not a sticker, use hot glue)
6. Place hat on pumpkin and use in a Halloween display.
Another option would be, to forgo the pumpkin completely and place your hat on a cake stand or directly on a table of shelf for a super easy Halloween centerpiece.
Either way, it would make the perfect decoration for a Halloween party or Halloween home decor on a table or fireplace mantle! If you have an enclosed porch, put the decorated pumpkin centerpiece displayed on a table as a way to welcome Halloween guests or trick-or-treaters.
So simple and fun!
You might also enjoy making these other Halloween Crafts:
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.