Easy Butterscotch Pudding Pie is Diet Friendly!
This easy, diet-friendly Butterscotch Pudding Pie becomes magical when saltine crackers transform into a soft crust.
click to see more of my recipe videos
It’s no secret that dessert if usually my favorite part of the meal. While I don’t treat my family to a rich dessert every night, I do love when I can make something that tastes and looks extra special, that I can whip up in no time.
So when I find a recipe that’s versatile, easy, delicious and made with ingredients I usually have on hand, like Butterscotch Pudding Pie……..it’s a winner!
Most often, when I share a pie recipe, I always hear “but I can’t make pie crust“, from some of my friends. Well, what if I told you I had a way for you to make a pie that I could GUARANTEE you would have no problem making this pie crust?!
We’ve been making this magical pudding “pie” dessert for several years now, it’s so easy, even my girls can make it! What makes this dessert “magical”? It’s made with saltine crackers……and after sitting overnight, the saltine crackers taste just like a phyllo dough! All you do is lay the crackers down and let the pudding do all the work!
How to Make Magical Butterscotch Pudding Pie
The stars of the show; instant JELL-O pudding mix, milk, COOL WHIP whipped topping and salted-top saltine crackers.
We switch up the pudding flavors all the time, but butterscotch is one of our favorites.
Feel free to use full fat versions of any or all of the ingredients. BUT, if you make this using sugar-free JELL-O pudding, 1% or skim milk and COOL WHIP LITE whipped topping, you have a dessert you can eat even while you’re watching your waistline.
Simply mix the pudding and milk and chill for 5 minutes.
- lay 16 salted- top saltine crackers on the bottom of a 9×9 pan (I’ve used 8×8 before too)
- top with one half of the pudding, spread with spoon, and place another 16 crackers on top of pudding
- top with COOL WHIP whipped topping
- refrigerate 12-24 hours before serving.
Want the full recipe for Butterscotch Pudding Pie?
yes! yes you do!…….here you go
This diet-friendly pudding pie becomes magical when saltine crackers transform into a soft crust.
- 1 (1.4 oz.) Package Sugar Free Butterscotch Instant Pudding
- 2 Cups Milk (I use 1% or skim)
- 32 Salted-Top* Saltine Crackers
- 1 (8 oz.) Container COOL WHIP whipped topping
- chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
- Whisk instant pudding and milk together and place into the refrigerator 5 minutes.
- Place 16 crackers in the bottom of an 9x9 pan.
- Pour half of the pudding over crackers, and spread evenly with spoon.
- Place remaining 16 crackers over pudding, the pour other half of pudding over crackers and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Top with entire container of COOL WHIP.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings before serving, if desired.
*you must use salted-top saline crackers. It wont taste the same with unsalted. I have served this after 12 hours and it's fine, but it's really best after 24 hours.
This is really one of the easiest desserts I make, and we make it quite often.
Now that I have shared a quick and easy dessert recipe, I want to know what are the go-to desserts you serve your family? Reply below with your favorite desserts using COOL WHIP !
Like this Magical Butterscotch Pudding Pie Dessert? PIN IT!
Disclaimer: I grew up in a house that loved COOL WHIP whipped topping. This post is sponsored by COOL WHIP, but as always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make TidyMom possible.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.