Creative Ideas for Home & Family | I Spy Sunday
It’s the end of another week almost the end of another month. Seriously, how does this keep happening? My PC desktop computer, the one I use for all my blogging and photo editing, has been in the shop twice in the last two weeks. It’s getting old, had a virus and well……she’s just not her old self any more. So the other night I found myself in the Apple Store and ordered a 27″ iMac! It wont be here for about two weeks, but I’m SOO excited. I have a Macbook Pro that up until recently I only used for when I travel and when I want to play on the internet while I watch TV. The past few weeks forced me to learn more about my Mac, to the point that I felt comfortable enough to ditch my PC (I did NOT want Windows 8) and go all Mac…… so, I guess you could say, Christmas is coming early for me this year!!
Ok, time for I Spy Sunday, where I feature some of the great post linked up the the I’m Lovin’ It Party. As always, this weeks projects and posts did not fail. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and check out some of the tips, makeovers and recipes that caught my eye…..
1. If fall had an official cocktail, this Apple and Pear Sangria would be it! Liz I wanted the sangria to be really bright and refreshing, so she started with a sweet white wine and add a lemon liqueur , seltzer and served with plenty of wine-soaked fruit! Go get the recipe, I’m sure you’ll want to serve this soon!!
2. It’s getting to be that time of year when many of us start thinking about family photo’s for holiday cards. Kristen shares some great tips on How You Can Take Your Own Family Pictures!
3. Our dogs love a good snack as much as the next dog. It’s been quite some time since I made homemade dog treats for them, poor guys. Thanks to Kim, I think they will be getting a fresh batch of Homemade Dog Treats real soon! If picky Maybelline liked the, I know Cullen will love them!
4. Because the start of fall is like flipping on a light switch to pumpkin recipes, I can’t get Lyuba’s Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake out of my head! A smooth pumpkin cheesecake made with Hershey’s chocolate bar on the bottom and covered with pecans and chocolate syrup on top. She claims this trumps ALL other pumpkin recipes……..I BELIEVE HER!
5. Now that I have a bigger kitchen with more cabinet space, I need to work on organizing my kitchen cabinets! I’m in love with the Pots and Pans Organization system Amanda put in her kitchen cabinets! I’ve seen them at the stores, but I’m sold after seeing them in her kitchen!!
6. Anu and her husband took on a Budget Kitchen Makeover , after buying a home that had previous been a rental. Since they have plans that include an addition down the road, they didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a kitchen that might be ripped out in a few years. They got a little creative and combined Lowes off-the-shelf cabinets with Ikea pantries and with a few little spluges they came up with a BEAUIFUL functional space!! Go check it out!
7. Angie’s daughter is a senior in high school this year, just like our youngest! Her daughter wanted a fresh new look for her room and she wanted to paint it herself!! After one day and two coats of Benjamin Moore Aura paint in Blue Bonnet, a few colorful pillows and fresh white bedding, this Teen Bedroom Makeover came alive! I just love it and know my daughter would too!
If you happen to be watching the St. Louis Cardinals game today, look for my family! We’ll be in the Redbird Club on the first base side! The team’s chef get’s his hair cut by our daughter Heather, and he’s going to take us down on the field for batting practice and up close to the team!! Should be a super fun day!! It will be a Red October since the Cardinals clinched the NL Central title the other night!! GO BIRDS!!
Hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
Thank you for sharing so many wonderful projects, recipes and crafts again this week ! You can still link up thru Sunday evening or come back next week and link up for another I’m Lovin’ It Friday, who knows maybe next week I will be featuring you!
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.