Creative Ideas for Home & Family | I Spy Sunday
It’s the end of another week almost the end of another month. Seriously, how does this keep happening? My PC desktop computer, the one I use for all my blogging and photo editing, has been in the shop twice in the last two weeks. It’s getting old, had a virus and well……she’s just not her old self any more. So the other night I found myself in the Apple Store and ordered a 27″ iMac! It wont be here for about two weeks, but I’m SOO excited. I have a Macbook Pro that up until recently I only used for when I travel and when I want to play on the internet while I watch TV. The past few weeks forced me to learn more about my Mac, to the point that I felt comfortable enough to ditch my PC (I did NOT want Windows 8) and go all Mac…… so, I guess you could say, Christmas is coming early for me this year!!
Ok, time for I Spy Sunday, where I feature some of the great post linked up the the I’m Lovin’ It Party. As always, this weeks projects and posts did not fail. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and check out some of the tips, makeovers and recipes that caught my eye…..
1. If fall had an official cocktail, this Apple and Pear Sangria would be it! Liz I wanted the sangria to be really bright and refreshing, so she started with a sweet white wine and add a lemon liqueur , seltzer and served with plenty of wine-soaked fruit! Go get the recipe, I’m sure you’ll want to serve this soon!!
2. It’s getting to be that time of year when many of us start thinking about family photo’s for holiday cards. Kristen shares some great tips on How You Can Take Your Own Family Pictures!
3. Our dogs love a good snack as much as the next dog. It’s been quite some time since I made homemade dog treats for them, poor guys. Thanks to Kim, I think they will be getting a fresh batch of Homemade Dog Treats real soon! If picky Maybelline liked the, I know Cullen will love them!
4. Because the start of fall is like flipping on a light switch to pumpkin recipes, I can’t get Lyuba’s Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake out of my head! A smooth pumpkin cheesecake made with Hershey’s chocolate bar on the bottom and covered with pecans and chocolate syrup on top. She claims this trumps ALL other pumpkin recipes……..I BELIEVE HER!
5. Now that I have a bigger kitchen with more cabinet space, I need to work on organizing my kitchen cabinets! I’m in love with the Pots and Pans Organization system Amanda put in her kitchen cabinets! I’ve seen them at the stores, but I’m sold after seeing them in her kitchen!!
6. Anu and her husband took on a Budget Kitchen Makeover , after buying a home that had previous been a rental. Since they have plans that include an addition down the road, they didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a kitchen that might be ripped out in a few years. They got a little creative and combined Lowes off-the-shelf cabinets with Ikea pantries and with a few little spluges they came up with a BEAUIFUL functional space!! Go check it out!
7. Angie’s daughter is a senior in high school this year, just like our youngest! Her daughter wanted a fresh new look for her room and she wanted to paint it herself!! After one day and two coats of Benjamin Moore Aura paint in Blue Bonnet, a few colorful pillows and fresh white bedding, this Teen Bedroom Makeover came alive! I just love it and know my daughter would too!
If you happen to be watching the St. Louis Cardinals game today, look for my family! We’ll be in the Redbird Club on the first base side! The team’s chef get’s his hair cut by our daughter Heather, and he’s going to take us down on the field for batting practice and up close to the team!! Should be a super fun day!! It will be a Red October since the Cardinals clinched the NL Central title the other night!! GO BIRDS!!
Hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
Thank you for sharing so many wonderful projects, recipes and crafts again this week ! You can still link up thru Sunday evening or come back next week and link up for another I’m Lovin’ It Friday, who knows maybe next week I will be featuring you!
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.
Thanks so much Cheryl for the feature! It made my day! I hope you are having a lovely day!
My son was in St. Louis a couple of weekends ago, for work, and he was able to go to a Cardinals game with his friend who lives there. Even though he is a Dodgers fan, he had a fun time:)
Thanks for the fabulous link to Family photos post!
Wow, thanks for the awesome feature, Cheryl! I hope you’ll love this sangria as much as I do! Have a fantastic week : )
And YAY for a new Mac!! Once you go Mac, you never go back!
Cheryl, just wanted to mention my family visited St Louis a year ago this November, visited the Arch, sweetie Pies, and stayed in the Westin and hade a fabulous view of Busch stadium! I think things had quieted down by the time we got there, it was like Nov 6th. Good Luck to the Cardinals!
Great list but I gotta tell ya…..that budget kitchen makeover is a whopper of a budget.
A Wolf range? Really? That’s a stretch to call it a little makeover.
They will be keeping the appliances when they do their addition – so those pieces were purchased for the long haul
Hi Cheryl, thanks much for the link to our site. Hope you had a great time in the Redbird Club!
I’m biased, but I think it’s the best value of all premium seating areas in Major League Baseball.
Love your site and love the Cardinals!!! I’m watching Cards vs. Dodgers game 1 of NLCS as I type this.
Hi there to every one, as I am genuinely keen of
reading this blog’s post to be updated daily.
It contains good material.
I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet users,
its really really pleasant article on building
up new blog.