Turkey Bacon Pancakes with Cranberry Maple Syrup
Get a layered taste explosion with Turkey Bacon Pancakes dripping in Cranberry Maple syrup. The perfect tart, tangy, sweet and salty breakfast the whole family will love.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Last week my girls and I drove to Kansas City to stay with my friend Kristen. Allison went to meet her new college roommate, who happens to live in Kansas City. While Heather and I were there to see Justin Timberlake with Kristen.
The first morning we got up, Kristen made us breakfast. While we were all enjoying our French toast, Allison asked “why aren’t you a Mom who makes breakfast?!” ……uh, mom guilt sank in.
While Kristen was quick to tell her, she only cooks breakfast occasionally, it got me feeling a little guilty so I decided to whip up something extra special when we got home. Pancakes with Turkey Bacon inside and dripping with Cranberry Maple Syrup.
LET’S MAKE TURKEY BACON PANCAKES WITH CRANBERRY SYRUP
The ingredients for the pancakes couldn’t be more simple: Flour, sour cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, maple syrup, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and Butterball Turkey Bacon
We are true Turketarians at our house, and love to use turkey bacon on our burgers, BLT’s, pasta or alongside a plate of scrambled eggs. So using turkey bacon in our pancakes sounded like a perfect pairing, and when I topped them with an easy Cranberry Maple Syrup, they were even more incredible than I had imagined!
The tangy flavor of the cranberries married perfectly with the sour cream and turkey bacon in these decadent pancakes.
I grabbed about 5 slices of turkey bacon and chopped into small pieces before frying, it made it much easier and less messy than crumbling up cooked turkey bacon.
The Cranberry Maple Syrup was super easy. I basically just simmered cranberry sauce (the kind with whole cranberries in it) with maple syrup and a little butter. The syrup could be made ahead of time, but I just cooked it while I cooked the bacon.
If bacon makes everything better, turkey bacon kicks that up another notch. It’s lighter and a flavorful alternative with 65% less fat.
Pancakes are always perfect for breakfast —-especially if you’re a breakfast-making kind of mom 😉 but I really am a pancakes for dinner kind of girl 😉
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cooked Butterball Original Turkey Bacon, crumbled
- butter, for frying
Cranberry Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup cranberry sauce with whole cranberries (comes in a can, or you could use fresh/frozen cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For PancakesIn a small bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add syrup, sour cream, milk and egg mixture and mix until barely combined (don't over mix). Fold in turkey bacon crumbs.
- Heat a griddle over medium-low heat and melt some butter in the pan. Drop 1/4 cup size dollops of batter onto the griddle. Allow to cook until bubbles form and edges are starting to brown. Flip to the other side to cook through, 3-4 minutes longer.
- Serve warm with Cranberry Maple Syrup
- For Cranberry Maple SyrupBring maple syrup and 3/4 cup of the cranberry sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup cranberry sauce; simmer for 2 minutes. Add butter, and stir until melted.
- Serve over warm Turkey Bacon Pancakes