Pumpkin Monkey Bread with Maple Glaze
and cheesecake filling
Refrigerated biscuits make this sticky, sweet pumpkin monkey bread irresistible and so simple to make. Let it cool and drizzle with maple glaze, and enjoy the taste of fall.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
WHAT IS MONKEY BREAD?
Monkey Bread, also known as Pull-Apart Bread, is not only sinfully delicious for breakfast or dessert, it’s also fun to eat. This recipe is all gussied up for autumn with pumpkin, fall spices, and a sweet maple glaze.
There has been nothing better than this incredible pull apart bread to come out my oven lately, and that’s no lie!
Pumpkin Monkey Bread….. Rocked.My.House! I made it one day and we ate it for dessert that night, and then we devoured the rest of it the next morning for breakfast.
Fluffy, soft and doughy sections of biscuit dough coated in cinnamon-sugar and cozied up with pumpkin cheesecake and a hint of chocolate! Um, yes, please! Drizzled with a decadent maple glaze that seeps into every little crevice and makes every bite melt-in-your-mouth amazing…… just how you would imagine fall would taste.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PUMPKIN MONKEY BREAD?
Here’s how it goes down: You simply start with refrigerated biscuits cut into quarters and rolled into balls, roll half of them around a chocolate chunk.
Stack dough balls together in a bundt pan piece by piece and cover in a pumpkin cheesecake filling and bake. 30-40 minutes later you come to the realization that this monkey bread is the only thing you need to be deliriously happy for the rest of your life.
Each fluffy piece is prime for popping right into your mouth. Full of all your favorite things about fall baked into a single, beautiful creation. Happiness, guaranteed.
You absolutely HAVE to give this pumpkin monkey bread recipe a try! It is so simple to make and will become a fall staple in your home!
LIKE THIS PUMPKIN MONKEY BREAD RECIPE? PIN IT!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Monkey Bread
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup solid pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cans (7.5 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 6-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
- In large plastic zip top bag, mix granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter, pumpkin and cream cheese over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Beat mixture with whisk until mostly smooth (its okay if there are some tiny pieces of cream cheese that remain).
- Separate 1 can of dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters (tip: you can stack 3 biscuits together, cut stack into quarters and separate pieces). Place a piece of chocolate in center of each dough quarter and press dough into a ball covering chocolate chunk. Place biscuit pieces into sugar bag and shake to coat. When pieces are coated, arrange in pan.
- Open second can of biscuits, cut into quarters, roll into balls (without chocolate). Place biscuit pieces into bag and shake to coat and arrange in pan with chocolate stuffed dough balls.
- Pour half of pumpkin mixture over biscuit pieces in pan.
- Cut and roll remaining 2 cans of biscuits as before and arrange in pan. Pour remaining pumpkin mixture over biscuit pieces. Place pan on cookie sheet to catch any spills.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and one tablespoon of milk. Stir to combine and desired consistency. Add more milk if need.
- Place heatproof plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Cool 10 to 15 minutes, drizzle with glaze and serve warm. Store in refrigerator.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board