Turtle Cheesecake Cupcakes
Tell me you have read the insanely creative, hilarious and fattening blog, Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
Kristan is so entertaining and bakes up THE most incredible treats!
I just love that Kristan says …“Baking does not have to be difficult or perfect. Your ingredients don’t have to be purchased from the Farmer’s Market. The important thing is you made something that put a smile on the face of the people you love.”
Well, she sure knows how to put a smile on MY face………because not only can she bake like nobody’s business……..she is brilliantly funny!!
In her words……”I can make a mean cookie….and we all know that’s what counts.
Today, Kristan is guest posting for me while I’m getting ready to head NYC as a Family Dish Ambassador for Unilever and TheFamilyDish.com
Give Kristan a warm welcome………..then head over to her blog……… I DARE you not to subscribe!
My name is Kristan, and I am super excited that Cheryl has asked me to guest post in her absence. I am such a fan of her blog, and I love the fact that not only does she bake up awesome goodies, but she has a tidy home, too. For reals–nothing is worse than eating a yummy treat and later finding out that the maker of said treat’s house is a hot stinkin’ mess.
I started my blog, Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, only about 8 months ago. I’ve always loved baking, and after being a blog reader for quite some time, I really just wanted one of my own.
My goal is to inspire women to have fun in the kitchen, embrace their inperfections, and just be themselves. It’s so important that my readers know that behind those pretty pictures on my blog is a regular mom, who prefers candy to vegetables, has an unhealthy obsession with reality shows, and sometimes tells lies to my child (Only when absolutely neccessary. Sort of). I have the best readers in the world, and I love every one of them!
There are so many fabulous blogs out there, and finding your way can be a bit intimidating. I am so appreciative of bloggers like Cheryl, who have reached out to me and really given me a ton of encouragement.
So, thanks for inviting me to come over and hang out, Cheryl!!
Now on to the reason I’m here: Cupcakes!!
I hadn’t picked up a box of Jell-O No Bake Cheesecake in years, but when I spotted them at the store the other day, I decided to grab one. I was hoping inspiration would hit eventually, and I’d figure out something to use it for.
Other than making a regular cheesecake, obviously.
And guess what?
I had an idea.
A batch (about 24) of your favorite chocolate cupcakes (I make mine with a box of Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge)
- 1 box Jell-O No Bake Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Caramel Sauce
- (I used caramel sauce that comes in a squirt bottle. It doesn’t need heated, and the bottle is handy for drizzling)
- After your cupcakes are cooled, prepare the cheesecake filling according to the box instructions, increasing the amount of milk to 1 3/4 cup instead of 1 1/2.
- Place the cheesecake filling in the refrigerator while you prepare your cupcakes to be filled.
- Using a the bottom of a large piping tip or a small round cookie cutter, press into the middle of each cupcake. (If you don’t have a cutter, you can cut a circle with a small knife).
- Press the cutter down about a third of the way and then remove it. It should remove a circle of cake from the center of the cupcake.
- After you’ve cut a circle from every cupcake, prepare your pecan/graham cracker topping.
- Pour the graham cracker crumbs from the Jell-O Instant Cheesecake in a medium sized bowl. Add the sugar, melted butter, and chopped pecans. Mix with a fork until the melted butter is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Remove your filling from the refrigerator and fill the holes in the cupcakes to overflowing. Spread the excess on the top of the cupcake and sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Finish with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Wanna know how to make these?
These cupcakes are beautiful, easy, and completely delicious.
I hope you enjoy them!!
Thanks again to Cheryl for having me, and I hope you guys will drop by my blog and say “hey” from time to time!!
Thanks again Kristan………and these are SO going on my MUST MAKE “cupcake list”!!……..I’ll eat a cupcake in your honor while I’m in New York City!