5 Tips for Summer Ready Feet & #SummerUp Foot Basket
Memorial Day is almost here, and along with that comes the start of SUMMER and time to expose your toes! I’ve got 5 tips to get your feet SUMMER READY.
I don’t know about you, but after stuffing my feet into boots and socks all winter, and going sans-pedi my feet could use a bit of pampering about now! Summertime means lots of outdoor activities and open toe shoes and sandals. And let’s face it…..neglected feet and toes are not a pretty sight.
5 tips to help get your tootsies looking and feeling summer-ready
1. DIY pedicures. No need to give all your extra cash to the nail salon, get your feet summer-ready with a safe, at-home pedi. First, soak your feet in lukewarm water, or make your own Lime & Mint Foot Soak, to soften your nails. Use an orange stick to remove any dirt from under the nails, then clip your nails straight across before filing (be sure not to cut into the corners of your nails, and don’t clip them too short — that can cause ingrown nails). Never, ever cut your cuticles! They help keep germs away from your skin and nails. When you’re ready for polish, be sure to use a base coat to prevent yellowing and a top coat to help your pedi last longer.
2. Polish it Off with the Right Color. Sure, red or pink polish on your toes looks lovely, but why not have some fun and switch to a bold or funky color? Fun hues are in for summer 2013. So go ahead — opt for a polish in a vibrant teal, coral, blue or even yellow and you’ll be sure to have the trendiest toes on the beach.
3. Exfoliate rough skin and get rid of the calluses of winter. With the dryness of our feet during the winter, sometimes our feet become rough and cracked! A salt or homemade sugar scrub and a good old-fashioned pumice stone will do the trick! The best place to do this is in the shower.
4. Moisturize Parched Feet. Winter and long hot baths can sap the moisture in your feet. For summer, try taking shorter, cooler baths/showers and apply a heavy moisturizing cream right after, to lock in the moisture. If you can tolerate it, sleeping in socks (better yet, try aloe infused socks) after moisturizing to ensure you wake up with baby soft feet.
5. Don’t Skimp on the Sunblock. The skin on the tops of your feet is thin and prone to sun exposure while wearing sandals. After being undercover all winter, feet are especially prone to sunburn. Be sure to protect your feet with sunscreen. Skin cancer can affect any part of the body, including the feet.
#SummerUp Foot Basket
I gave my mom this Foot Relaxation basket for Mother’s Day. I picked up a cute utensil caddy, and filled it with supplies to pamper her feet , including a cute new pair of sandals and a few of her favorite snacks. – she LOVED it!
If you’d like a fun summer tag for your basket, Tip Junkie has an adorable cherry Summer Tag you can download and print for free! Making this a great gift idea for Mom, sisters, teachers, a mom-to-be, bridal shower, bridesmaids, girlfriends, birthdays or just because!!
I’d love to hear what color polish you’ll be sporting on your toes this summer!
Disclaimer: I’m excited to have a working partnership with Target , sharing lots of fun and surprises this summer. All opinions and views are all my own.
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera