Aloha BBQ Sliders | burger recipe
Fire up the grill this summer for this mini beef burger recipe flavored with barbecue sauce and served on sweet rolls with cheese, pineapple and bacon.
Summer officially arrives later this week, and that means grilling season is upon us! My family has rarely met a burger they did’t like, but some seem to really go over better than others.
Enter……… Aloha BBQ Sliders! Since we’ve been busy packing, moving and unpacking, I’ve been all about easy dinners, so when I saw these gourmet sliders on the ReadSetEat.com website I knew I found something I could whip up in no time, with minimal mess in the kitchen and I was pretty sure my family would love.
These burgers just scream summer, but I know we would eat them all year long. I think it’s the barbeque sauce with a touch of pineapple juice inside the burger and again on the bun. I love a burger swimming in sauce. Or maybe it’s the grilled pineapple and slice of bacon on top, you can’t go wrong anytime you slap a piece of bacon on top. Am I right?
If you’ve never toasted your burger buns, you are in for an extra special treat! You will never eat a burger on a plain bun again, I love the crispy crunch the toasted bun adds to a burger.
To make these Alhoa Sliders, simply spray your cold grill with PAM® Grilling Spray (I was out, so I just used original) so your burgers don’t stick to the grill. Add pineapple juice to some barbeque sauce (be sure to use a sweet BBQ sauce, one with Brown Sugar in the name). Then mix ground beef with 1/3 cup of the pineapple barbeque sauce and a little Montreal Steak Seasoning (this stuff is our secret to great steaks too!) and make 12 little patties. – You can always make these Aloha Burgers full size, but be sure to use Hawaiian Hamburger Buns if you do.
Grill your sliders, buns and pineapple then assemble burgers. Top each toasted bun with a little pineapple barbeque sauce, lettuce, burger, cheese, bacon and pineapple and your set!
Get in my BELLY! Trust me, you want this recipe in your burger arsenal!
WARNING: One bite and these Aloha Sliders will have you booking the next flight to Hawaii.
Mini beef burger recipe flavored with barbecue sauce and served on sweet rolls with cheese, pineapple and bacon.
- 1-1/2 pound ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 2/3 cups Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, divided (I used Hunt's®)
- 3 Tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 pkg (12 oz each) Hawaiian dinner rolls (in tray)
- 3 slices (1 oz each) Swiss cheese, quartered
- 1 can (8 oz each) pineapple slices, drained (reserve juice), cut into thirds (I used fresh)
- 6 slices of bacon (I used ready to eat bacon)
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- Spray cold grate of gas grill with grilling spray. Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Combine barbecue sauce with 2 tablespoons pineapple juice. Meanwhile, combine 1/3 cup of Barbeque sauce mixture to beef, breadcrumbs and steak seasoning in large bowl. Shape mixture into 12 small patties.
- Place pineapple slices in bowl with remaining barbeque sauce mixture and set aside.
- Grill patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through (160°F). Meanwhile, remove attached rolls from package; do NOT separate. Cut in half horizontally. Spray cut sides with grilling spray; toast on grill.
- Remove pineapple slices from sauce and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Separate toasted rolls and assemble sliders; Spread remaining barbecue sauce mixture on rolls, place a small piece of lettuce then patties on bottom halves of rolls; top with cheese, bacon and pineapple. Close with tops of rolls.
recipe adapted from ReadySetEat.com
These Hawiian sliders are great for a picnic, a party, a main dish or just a snack. Be careful ….everyone will want more than one!
Are you a hotdog or burger person?
Serve Aloha Sliders with:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. I have a working relationship with ConAgra Foods, though opinions expressed in this post are, as always, purely my own.