Tidy Mom

RadLab {easy photo editing tool} : I’m Lovin’ It

Cousins  TidyMom.net(my daughters with their cousin)

So I think you all know how much I love to take pictures, right?!

We had a fun little impromptu photo shoot recently when my niece came to visit for a weekend.

Edited using Totally Rad Rad Lab at TidyMom.net

I take a ton of pictures, and as a self taught photographer and Photoshop user, I need all the help I can get to make my photos look the way I envision when I’m taking them.  But, editing can be very time consuming.

Late last year I discovered Totally Rad and their amazing Photoshop plug-in RadLab!  If you love applying filters to your photos, much like you do with Instagram, then I think you will love Rad Lab as much as I do!

You open your picture in Photoshop, then open RadLab and you are instantly transported to a world of 78 different presets that you can “try on” or even mix and match.

Totally Rad Rad Lab screenshot at TidyMom.net

Pretty cool right?

But it get’s even better!  You can combine the filters, even adjust them and make your own “recipe” – Totally Rad! right?!

Rad Lab recipe at TidyMom.net

RadLab Recipes are especially great when you want to use the combination of filters again, for example, all the pictures from a photo shoot, you can quickly edit them all the same way. Click over to see RadLab in action.

Even if you just want to sharpen or lighten and brighten your pictures, RadLab makes editing your photots as simple as ever.

RadLab simplifies my work flow!

In no time, I can see several different “looks” for one photo.  The possibilities are endless.  The hardest part is choosing which final edit I like best!

How to easily edit photos with Rad Lab at TidyMom.net

My RadLab Recipes on the picture of my cute niece:

1)  Lights On  + Oh Snap + Sugar Rush + Flare Up | Golden + Iron Mouse + Boutwell Magic Glasses

2) Lights On + Pool Party + Get Faded | Neutral + Skinny Jeans + Get Faded | Spring + Boutwell Magic Glasses

3)  Lights On + Oh Snap + Flare Up | Faded + Troy + SX-70 + Boutwell Magic Glasses

4) Bitchin BW + Vario BW + Boring Sepia + Boutwell Magic Glasses

I just can’t express how much I love RadLab (I use it on most all of my food pictures as well)………and if you have Photoshop and you aren’t using it, I beg of you to give it a try….you can even try it out for FREE for 30 days

Simplify your editing with Rad Lab

Radlab is compatible with Photoshop CS3 or later and  Photoshop Elements 7 or later

disclaimer:  the link to Rad Lab I have provided is an affiliate link, which means I earn a small percent (enough to buy the occasional frappe) if you buy a product from the link.  However, this does not influence my views, I still love RadLab to pieces.

I'm Lovin It Party at TidyMom.net every week!

I’m Lovin’…….Totally Rad – RadLab

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!

*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

59 Responses to “RadLab {easy photo editing tool} : I’m Lovin’ It”

1. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes posted on September 6, 2012 at 1:18 pm (#

Thank you for hosting, Cheryl! :)

2. marissa posted on September 6, 2012 at 2:06 pm (#

I love totally rad’s stuff I just have to save up for it. thanks for the party

marissa

3. Kristen posted on September 6, 2012 at 2:07 pm (#

The best photo editing fun I’ve ever had! I love Rad Lab!

4. Shaina posted on September 6, 2012 at 2:09 pm (#

I love RadLab! It’s so easy when doing batch editing.

5. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on September 6, 2012 at 2:25 pm (#

What fun! And the girls are all so pretty! Thanks for hosting Cheryl :)

6. taryn@designdininganddiapers.com posted on September 6, 2012 at 2:29 pm (#

Thanks for the tip! I have photoshop but it’s a bit confusing for me, this plug-in looks awesome. I’ll have to try it. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

7. Amanda posted on September 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm (#

Thank you Cheryl! I love these pictures! Check Facebook, I sent you a message about photos :)

8. K Coake posted on September 6, 2012 at 4:49 pm (#

That plug-in looks really neat. I don’t currently use photoshop, but it seems like this could make it easier to learn. My first time linking up with you as a relatively new follower. Thanks so much for hosting! Hope your week is great!

9. Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet posted on September 6, 2012 at 5:25 pm (#

That totally rocks Cheryl!! I love it. Thank you for sharing. Can’t wait to play with that plugin!

Heather

10. carla sue posted on September 6, 2012 at 5:42 pm (#

can I use this rad plug in on photoshop elements ?

• TidyMom replied on September 6th, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I just looked it up! Yes Photoshop Elements 7 or later!!

11. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on September 6, 2012 at 6:06 pm (#

That looks like a really cool plugin! Love the pictures! Thanks so much for hosting Cheryl!

12. tanya posted on September 6, 2012 at 6:29 pm (#

Cute pics! Thanks for hosting Cheryl! Hope you have a great weekend!

13. Sue {munchkin munchies} posted on September 6, 2012 at 7:21 pm (#

I’ll have to check out Radlab…you always have such wonderful recommendations, Cheryl! Happy weekend to you!

14. Christina at I Gotta Create! posted on September 6, 2012 at 7:58 pm (#

Lovely photos! Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great weekend.
    <3 Christina

15. Angie@Echoes of Laughter posted on September 6, 2012 at 8:09 pm (#

Hi Cheryl! The pics of the girls are so great! Thank you for hosting and have a lovely weekend! Angie xo

16. Dina@4LettreWords posted on September 6, 2012 at 8:09 pm (#

Oooh…that’s cool!

17. Jocelyn posted on September 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm (#

I am always looking for fun new photo editing. I can’t wait to check this one out. Thanks for sharing and hosting the great party!!!

18. Karyn - Pint Sized Baker posted on September 6, 2012 at 8:50 pm (#

Hi Cheryl! I hope everyone had a great week and look forward to an even better weekend. That plug-in looks great! Thanks for the party!

19. Joan@Chocolate and More posted on September 6, 2012 at 9:04 pm (#

Beautiful photos! Do you know if you can use RadLab with Photoshop Elements or does it have to be lightroom? I’d love to give it a try. Pinning and thanks as always for a great party!

• TidyMom replied on September 7th, 2012 at 8:17 am

Yes, you can use it in Photoshop CS3 or later and Photoshop Elements 7 or later – it’s NOT compatible with Lightroom
      Hope this helps!

20. Lisa | With Style and Grace posted on September 6, 2012 at 10:37 pm (#

This is great, Cheryl and you’re photos are beautiful!!

21. Sarah @ Alderberry Hill posted on September 7, 2012 at 5:25 am (#

Wow, such cool photo editing! Thanks for hosting again this week!

22. Haniela posted on September 7, 2012 at 5:55 am (#

That looks really neat. I’ve never use RadLab. Beautiful girls.too.
    Thanks for hosting the party. I found so many great ideas today!

23. Jane posted on September 7, 2012 at 6:48 am (#

Hi Cheryl,
    I linked up my delicious Bran Muffins. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

24. Jeanette posted on September 7, 2012 at 7:10 am (#

What a fun plug-in, very cool special effects!

25. Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies posted on September 7, 2012 at 8:27 am (#

I really need to get better at photo editing. Thanks for a great post!

26. Molly Jo posted on September 7, 2012 at 9:25 am (#

I absolutely love it! I am new to the photography scene, and have been looking for great resources. This is definitely going to be one of them. Thank you!

27. Mackenzie posted on September 7, 2012 at 11:04 am (#

Thanks for hosting this week! What a beautiful daughter you have! :)
    Mackenzie

28. marla posted on September 7, 2012 at 11:21 am (#

Wow!! This is certainly a great way to edit photos. I will need to try this :)

29. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies posted on September 7, 2012 at 11:30 am (#

I haven’t heard of this, but now I totally want to get it! I could spend hours playing around on Photoshop and I’m sure this won’t help my obsession. ;)

30. Cherry posted on September 7, 2012 at 12:21 pm (#

Thanks for hosting! And RadLab look amazing! I use PSE, and would love to have this – will have to think of a way to save up for it.

31. aida mollenkamp posted on September 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm (#

Oh, this is an awesome feature. Thanks for sharing!

32. Kristy Life-n-Reflection posted on September 7, 2012 at 1:10 pm (#

These are so fun!

33. Sheila posted on September 7, 2012 at 1:19 pm (#

Now that I can turn on my oven, after a scorching summer, I’m ready to make some of your featured recipes! Have a great weekend!

Sheila

34. Cindy B. posted on September 7, 2012 at 1:36 pm (#

Hi, thank for hosting, I’m sharing Baked Buffalo Wings today. I need photo lesson bad, thanks for the tips.

35. Michele posted on September 7, 2012 at 2:28 pm (#

Thanks for letting us know about RadLab – I will definitely check it out. I have been using Camera+ on my iPhone and RadLab seems very similar; but I’ll be able to use it with my Photoshop Program. Thanks again!

36. Jenni@MomEssentials.Net posted on September 9, 2012 at 3:29 am (#

Hi!
    Thanks for letting me share my own recipe of healthy, tasty and delicious
    Easy Dried Kale Chips!

Here’s the link:

37. Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates posted on September 9, 2012 at 6:10 pm (#

Very cool! Thanks for hosting!

38. HeatherChristo posted on September 10, 2012 at 9:56 am (#

Very cool tips Cheryl! And great photos!

39. Deliciously Organic posted on September 11, 2012 at 1:17 pm (#

I’ve never heard of radlab before. Thanks for the info!

40. BeckieK posted on September 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm (#

I have always wondered about this! Thank you! This was a great, informative post! :-)

41. Anna posted on September 13, 2012 at 5:42 pm (#

Dear Tidy Mom!
    I’m officially your latest fan! So happy I found this blog, wish I was as tidy as you :)

42. gale posted on September 22, 2012 at 2:11 am (#

I use radlab with Photoshop Elements 6 and photoshop CS4.

1. Pingback: Bran Muffins | Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms

2. Pingback: Asian Chicken Stew in a Crockpot Recipe - Easy Slow Cooker Recipe - Jeanette's Healthy Living

3. Pingback: Halloween Printables | Jen's Favorite Cookies

4. Pingback: Gourmet S’mores |

5. Pingback: Rustic DIY Tree Branch Cake Stands |

6. Pingback: Apple Oatmeal Bars with Cinnamon Caramel Sauce {& an awesome caramel apple dip!}

7. Pingback: 12 Fall Crafts and Treats | TidyMom