Recipes

Easy Banana Creme Brulee

Banana Creme Brulee

I make it a point to always have bananas in the house.  They make a great mid day snack and of course they are the perfect fruit to have on hand when the urge to bake strikes. Whether they are fresh from the store or brown and mushy, they can be thrown into batter for breads, cupcakes, and cookies.

Today I have a dessert that is so deadly simple, yet so splendidly delicious it might just make you forget about the mound of laundry staring at you.

This Banana Crème Brûlée requires no torch or special tools, only a few ingredients and hardly any time.

banana creme brulee ingredients

I don’t have a food processor, so I started off by using my blender to crush the Teddy Grahams to fine crumbs, and that worked perfectly!

I had meant to pick up Cook and Serve Jell-O pudding, but I accidentally bought instant, so I just went with it, which made this simple recipe even easier!

This is a great dessert for last minute company too – you can prepare everything ahead of time, then just pop it in the broiler after dinner, and it will be ready to serve by the time you’ve cleared the table!

Banana Brulee

How can you go wrong with bananas and chocolate?

Easy Banana Creme Brulee

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 8 minutes

Total Time: 38 minutes

Yield: 10 servings

Serving Size: 1/2 cup

Easy Banana Creme Brulee

Make crème brûlée the easy way for a quick dessert any time.

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 cups Chocolate graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 large bananas, thinly sliced
  • 1pkg. (4-serving) JELL-O French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • chocolate syrup or dulce de leche (optional)

Instructions

1. Spread and press graham cracker crumbs onto bottom of shallow 1-1/2-qt. casserole; top with banana slices
  2. Prepare pudding with 2 cups milk as directed on package; pour over bananas. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
  3. Heat broiler when ready to serve dessert. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over pudding. Broil 5 to 8 min. or until sugar is melted and lightly browned. Serve immediately.
  4. Garnish with a drizzle of chocolate syrup or dulce de leche

Notes

I used my blender to chop up chocolate Teddy Grahams

You could also make this using cook and serve Jell-O pudding, or from scratch pudding - just be sure to chill several hours until completely set.

This can easily be made ahead of time, and pop in the broiler right before serving.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

NEW FEATURE: Save recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!

More Banana Recipes you might enjoy:

Banana Bread

Banana Flips

Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites

Sour Cream Banana Pancakes

Banana- Toasted Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Breakfast Banana Splits

Craving more? Sign up for the TidyMom newsletter to stay on top of what’s new right to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest for all of the latest updates

34 Responses to “Easy Banana Creme Brulee”

1. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on March 12, 2012 at 6:08 am (#

yum, that sounds really good, and I like how easily it all come together.

2. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on March 12, 2012 at 6:48 am (#

Love how easy that looks!

3. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar posted on March 12, 2012 at 6:52 am (#

Mmm delicious! Love how easy this is.

4. nest of posies posted on March 12, 2012 at 7:36 am (#

hello banana + chocolate. looks amazing!

5. northern cottage posted on March 12, 2012 at 8:22 am (#

mmmmm – sounds super yummy & easy too – great combo in my book!

6. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted on March 12, 2012 at 8:33 am (#

This looks delightful–I’m all about using Teddy Grahams in recipes as often as possible. :)

7. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted on March 12, 2012 at 8:47 am (#

omg heavenly looking!

8. Claudie posted on March 12, 2012 at 8:47 am (#

It’s great to see such a delicious looking dessert done so quickly! Nice tip to have bananas all the time too :)

9. Maria posted on March 12, 2012 at 8:49 am (#

Looks divine and I love how easy it is to make!

10. kellie posted on March 12, 2012 at 10:36 am (#

Looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing. :)

11. Tickled Red posted on March 12, 2012 at 10:48 am (#

Oh goodness! Who knew it was so easy ;D

12. Cassie posted on March 12, 2012 at 11:21 am (#

Love the use of Teddy Grahams. I have a weak spot for those!

13. Mary @ Bake Break posted on March 12, 2012 at 11:36 am (#

Yum! You cannot go wrong with bananas and sugar!

14. Naomi posted on March 12, 2012 at 3:12 pm (#

Love this, Cheryl! Im such a huge fan of creme brulee and then added bananas to it- YES PLEASE!

15. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on March 12, 2012 at 3:43 pm (#

Ive been on a banana obsession lately. Last few posts are banana-centric. This needs to be next!

16. Jamie | My Baking Addiction posted on March 12, 2012 at 4:23 pm (#

I love all things banana, so this looks like the perfect quick and easy dessert!

17. Brian @ A Thought For Food posted on March 12, 2012 at 5:32 pm (#

How marvelous this looks! I’ve made creme brulee a few times, but since I don’t have a torch, I don’t make it very often. Broiling it can be tough.

18. Russell at Chasing Delicious posted on March 12, 2012 at 6:24 pm (#

Why yes, I will make and eat a dozen of these! I am like you with the bananas and in fact I’m eating one right now – although with a slice of cake too but I’d like to think the banana has zeroed out the cake’s effects.

19. Jessica @ How Sweet posted on March 12, 2012 at 8:14 pm (#

Oh my word… love!

20. Cindy @ Once Upon a Loaf posted on March 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm (#

Bananas and teddy grahams? I’m there! Thanks for this recipe. I will def try it out.

21. Jenny posted on March 12, 2012 at 9:57 pm (#

This looks so yummy! You know, I need to pay you to come help me with my camera. I just can’t figure out the manual settings and I’ve screwed with the settings so much that the pictures are terrible. I just put it back to factory defaults and I’ll go from there. It’s so frustrating!

Your pics are always awesome!!

22. Jenny posted on March 12, 2012 at 9:58 pm (#

Oh and this post makes me think about when I was pregnant and Dave would make me a huge bowl on creme brulee. It was so good.

23. Deborah posted on March 12, 2012 at 10:33 pm (#

I love creme brulee, but I’ve never thought about a banana creme brulee! Love it!

24. Sue {munchkin munchies} posted on March 12, 2012 at 11:11 pm (#

Oh boy, this brulee looks so creamy and yummy! I always have bananas on hand too. I just left Haniela’s blog post about banana donuts and now your banana creme brulee:) I see a trend, and I love it:)

25. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on March 13, 2012 at 2:37 am (#

Oh my gosh, that graham cracker base is such a good idea!

26. Amanda posted on March 13, 2012 at 2:55 pm (#

Sounds amazing Cheryl! I love everything about this dessert!

27. Kirstina Vanni posted on March 14, 2012 at 10:42 am (#

You got my soft spot…I am crazy for creme brûlée! Love this easy and creative version.

28. shelly (cookies and cups) posted on March 19, 2012 at 6:44 am (#

My husband would love this! Except I always eat the crunchy topping ;)

29. Mindie posted on March 21, 2012 at 9:39 pm (#

Sounds delish!

30. Denise posted on March 22, 2012 at 11:25 am (#

I think I would have enjoyed this more than making banana bread with my overripe bananas on Monday! Yum.

1. Pingback: Easy Oreo Banana Cream Pie Recipe | TidyMom

2. Pingback: EasyRecipe Plugin Users Can Now Save Recipes to a ZipList Recipe Box

3. Pingback: Banana Pudding Puppy Chow - Life Love and Sugar