Holiday

Caramel Raspberry Banana Napoleon

Layers of crescent roll pastry, vanilla pudding, bananas and raspberries topped with a caramel sauce for a perfect Valentines Day dessert.

Caramel Raspberry Banana Napoleon

You may recall that when I shared the recipe for the Banana Flips, I said I have been on a banana kick lately.  It could be bordering on obsession (therapy could get expensive lol) , so I’ll be sure to space them out and hope no one notices.

This dessert may look fancy enough for Valentines Day, but your sweetheart will never know how easy it was!  Refrigerated crescent roll dough and pudding mix lets you turn out a pastry shop-style napoleon in a flash!

Caramel Raspberry Banana Napoleon

• 1 cup Cool Whip or whipped cream
  • 3 large bananas
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced raspberries
  • Caramel Topping

Instructions

1. Heat oven to 375°F.
  2. Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles. Pinch perforations to seal. Use rolling pin to smooth out pinched perforation (optional)
  3. Cut each rectangle into four pieces, forming 3x2-inch rectangles . Place on ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with brown sugar.
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
  5. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat milk and pudding mix with wire whisk until mixture begins to thicken and refrigerated for 30 minutes until nice and set.
  6. Fold in whipped topping. (for advanced preparation you can stop here, cover pudding and refrigerate for several hours until ready to serve)
  7. To serve, build each napoleon by starting with one of the crispy crescent squares. Dollop on the vanilla pudding mixture. Top with sliced fruit. Add a second crescent crisp and more of the pudding and fruit. Top with a third crisp, a spoonful of pudding, one raspberry and banana slice and drizzle with caramel topping.

Notes

For kids, you may want to skip the layering. Serve in a bowls. Tear up 2 baked crescent squares, add pudding mixture, top with fruit and drizzle with caramel topping. - Not as pretty but much easier to eat!

Recipe slightly adapted from Sams Club

© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

More banana recipes you may enjoy:

Banana Buster Brown Cupcakes

Best Mom in the World Banana Bread

Banana Pineapple Ice

Granola Banana Pancakes

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

How about you? Are you a lover of all things banana?

I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!Made by You Monday, Mingle MondayGet Your Craft on , Weekend Wrap Up Party, Pity Party   , Decor Chick Valentine Party

40 Responses to “Caramel Raspberry Banana Napoleon”

1. kelley {mountain mama cooks} posted on January 23, 2012 at 8:31 am (#

These totally count as breakfast food, right? Please say yes. I would gladly forgo a bowl of cereal and this with my morning cup of coffee!!

2. sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on January 23, 2012 at 8:38 am (#

oh yum, I think it would be something I wouldn’t share, hubby wouldn’t appreciate it anyway;p

3. Sarah posted on January 23, 2012 at 8:41 am (#

These look delicious & deceptively simple to make. Yum

4. Maria posted on January 23, 2012 at 9:04 am (#

Love this simple dessert!

5. marla posted on January 23, 2012 at 9:13 am (#

Oh does this look tasty & the fact that it is so simple to prepare makes it even better!

6. bridget {bake at 350} posted on January 23, 2012 at 9:17 am (#

Wow….so, so pretty!!! ♥

7. Amy @ Living Locurto posted on January 23, 2012 at 9:37 am (#

Looks great!

8. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted on January 23, 2012 at 9:38 am (#

love this! Hope you had a great weekend. Off to pin it

9. Emily ~SoDomesticated~ posted on January 23, 2012 at 10:07 am (#

These look divine… love the food styling!

10. Laurie @ Gallamore West posted on January 23, 2012 at 10:31 am (#

What a gorgeous dessert!! And it has fresh fruit in it, so it’s healthy right?!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West

11. naomi posted on January 23, 2012 at 10:54 am (#

I love banan anything, so this one is going on the “To-make List”. Can I be an enabler and say, “More bananas, please!”

12. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga posted on January 23, 2012 at 11:25 am (#

Looks great and love that it’s an easy, no-fuss but looks fancy kind of dessert!

13. Mary @ Bake Break posted on January 23, 2012 at 11:26 am (#

I love this twist on a classic napoleon – one of the best desserts! These look delicious, I’ll have to give them a try!

14. Paula posted on January 23, 2012 at 11:37 am (#

When I first saw the pictures I thought *these Napoleon’s are too pretty to eat* but I know if they were handy to me they’d be gone in a flash.

15. Dianne posted on January 23, 2012 at 12:30 pm (#

I’m sort of on a banana kick also. I am absolutely addicted to Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Wraps. I eat two every day since I discovered them. Not everyone likes them, but for some people (like me) the taste combination is addicting.
    But, basically, you take a flour tortilla, spread peanut butter over it, add a row of banana slices on top of that, and sprinkle with refrigerated (preferably mini) chocolate chips. You roll it up (like a burrito) and then you can slice it in pin-wheel slices and put it on a plate for a nice presentation, or eat the whole thing like you would a burrito. These are nice as they also make easy snacks to pack for an outing. If you’re packing it for an outing, don’t slice it, as the bananas begin to turn when exposed to air.
    When I gave some to a friend to try, she took one bite and immediately cried, “I can picture these with Nutella instead of peanut butter and fresh strawberries in addition to a few chocolate chips and the bananas. Wow! I con’t wait to try that one! Sort of reminds me of a banana split. Maybe we should name it the Banana Split Wrap =D But, I guess you might also have to add pineapple. I wonder how that would taste?

16. Kristen posted on January 23, 2012 at 1:20 pm (#

I love anything with creamy pudding and fruit – this looks amazing!

17. kim-todays creative blog posted on January 23, 2012 at 2:01 pm (#

You are the QUEEN at crescent roll recipes. This is gorgeous!

18. Diane {Created by Diane} posted on January 23, 2012 at 2:49 pm (#

looks fantastic, I love banana treats!

19. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar posted on January 23, 2012 at 6:41 pm (#

I am in love!

20. leslie posted on January 23, 2012 at 6:53 pm (#

Look fancy to me!!! Looks VERY VERY delicious!

21. Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] posted on January 23, 2012 at 9:13 pm (#

Hey. I’m joining you on the banana brigade. I love bananas! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.

22. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on January 23, 2012 at 10:06 pm (#

I love the idea of using refrigerated crescent rolls, what an easy way to make an elegant dessert!

23. Jessica @ How Sweet posted on January 24, 2012 at 6:34 am (#

I want one of these for breakfast. Badly.

24. Lindy@ Itsy Bitsy Paper posted on January 24, 2012 at 7:21 am (#

Love how great this looks. I’m drooling right now. I hope you will come by and Link Up to the I Heart Projects Party I am having on my blog.

25. Jamie | My Baking Addiction posted on January 24, 2012 at 3:23 pm (#

I became mildly obsessed with napoleons after watching countless episodes of Chopped. Your version is absolutely perfect for Valentine’s Day!

26. Sue posted on January 25, 2012 at 1:09 am (#

Very impressive and beautiful dessert!

27. Living The Sweet Life posted on January 27, 2012 at 11:07 am (#

Wow, these are so pretty – – they look like you spent hours in the kitchen!! I love how easy it is, certainly going to be part of my February :)

28. buttercream bakehouse posted on January 31, 2012 at 7:37 pm (#

Everything on here looks great. I love our photography and your recipes. Such a cheerful blog.

29. Sue posted on February 2, 2012 at 9:31 am (#

This looks divine! Love it! I’d love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight

30. Sue posted on February 2, 2012 at 2:52 pm (#

I can’t wait to make this! Yum! I just submitted this to the M&T Spotlight

31. Sara Campbell posted on February 8, 2012 at 12:26 am (#

This recipe is going to be a hit for my family!

32. Frances posted on February 12, 2012 at 4:10 pm (#

Very pretty presentation and simple to do. I love fruit desserts especially around holidays such as Valentine’s Day. Everyone always has so much chocolate and candy that they welcome a pretty, taste dessert.

33. Amy at Living Locurto posted on February 12, 2014 at 8:19 am (#

Hey Cheryl – I’m happy to feature your amazing dessert today! Thanks for sharing on Living Creative Thursday! Tomorrow’s theme is Cakes & Cupcakes. I hope you’ll share something sweet:-)

1. Pingback: Free DIY Valentine’s Day Crafts & Holiday Printables & Chocolate Balls — Family Fresh Cooking

2. Pingback: of the moment {1.28.12} | The Daily Crumb

3. Pingback: Patriotic Napoleons for Primary Election Day. | Make Myself at Home

4. Pingback: Saturday Spotlight: Valentine’s Day Projects | Make and Takes

5. Pingback: More Pillsbury Crescent Roll Recipes! - Todays Creative Blog

6. Pingback: Valentine Cupcakes | Rose Cupcakes | TidyMom

7. Pingback: A Dozen Elegant (but not difficult!) Desserts for Valentine’s Day « Grandmother Wren