Freebies

I’m Lovin’t It – iPhone Camera apps

If you follow me on twitter, you may have seen my tweet yesterday.

There was one main reason I wanted an iPhone………….it was for all the camera apps.

It’s funny, since I got my new phone a few months ago, I don’t feel the need to take my dSLR camera with me as much as I use to, and..BIG PLUS….. you can share your iPhone pictures instantly.

TidyMom’s favorite iPhone camera apps

1.  Instagram.  First and foremost, my favorite!  If you hang out on twitter or facebook there’s no doubt you’ve seen instagram photos.  Instagram It’s a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures.  Snap a photo with your iPhone, choose a filter to transform the look and feel, send to Facebook, Twitter or Flickr – and other Instagrammers can like or leave comments.  price: FREE!

TidyMom on Instagram

*you have to have an iPhone and Instagram to comment on Instagram photos, but now there is a neat site called Webstagram,  where you can view a gallery of all your favorite users’ Instagram photos and even leave comments.

2.  Camera+.  I use this app to take 99% of my pictures, even if I’m uploading to Instagram, I take them with Camera+.  It’s packed with lots of great features…including a timer! price: $1.99

3.  Accu Camera.  This app is pretty new for me, so I haven’t had a lot of time to play with it, but I’ve heard it automatically corrects your food image definition. Mainly Brightness, color, exposure and textures that makes pics have delicious taste! price:  FREE!

4.  MoreBeaute2.  Not a camera app, but editing app.  Make yourself look natural and gorgerous! It brightens, lightens your skin tone and smooths your skin in just 2 easy steps, no make-up skills needed! price: FREE!

5.  Picture Show.  Again, another one I haven’t used much yet, but heard great things about it from Diane, so I had to have it!  PictureShow gives you numerous ways to make your iPhone pics looks like they were taken on a vintage camera along with lots of special effects and add frames, borders, and text to your photo to tweak it to your heart’s content. price:  $1.99

6.  iMovie.  Last but not least…….iMovie is AMAZING for making movies from your iphone!  When I was at the EVO conference Diane Cu told me all about the amazing movies she’s been making from her iphone.  She told me how incredibly easy it was.  So as soon as I got home I downloaded iMovie (you need to be connected to WiFi to download it).  You can add pictures, video, text, music even voice over. price:  $4.99

This is just my first attempt, I know there is so much more I can do, but here’s a little recap of my trip to Utah for EVO ’11 with Bush’s Beans (all done on my iPhone then sent to youtube). This took me about an hour and a half and that included the time I spent learning how to make the movie.

Check out the amazing stuff Diane is doing with her iPhone

Here are a few more camera apps on my wish list:

Hipstamatic $1.99

Lo-Mob $1.99

Quad Camera $1.99

WHEW!!  See I told you I’m addicted! I’d love to hear what camera apps you are using!

TidyMom I'm Lovin' ItI’m Lovin…. camera apps for my iPhone!

get button code

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://Tidymom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
Share your recipes, crafts, diy’s, photography, printables, products..anything you are loving!
If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link below.
*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

40 Responses to “I’m Lovin’t It – iPhone Camera apps”

1. bridget {bake at 350} posted on August 4, 2011 at 8:57 pm (#

Oh, don’t tell me about all of that cool stuff!!! Now I need a Mac, an iPad2 AND an iPhone. ;)

I love the video….it looks like you guys had a great time!

2. Gail posted on August 4, 2011 at 8:58 pm (#

LOVE this post!!! I have another app for you..Picture Show. Penny De Los Santos raved about it last weekend at #BSP2!

3. Kelly posted on August 4, 2011 at 9:14 pm (#

You must add Pocketbooth! I downloaded yesterday and my kids and I are having a blast with it. FREE

4. Trisha posted on August 4, 2011 at 9:17 pm (#

That is a NEAT app…I need all the HELP I can get with picture correction that is FOR sure. Thanks for hosting!!!!!

5. Allison @ Alli 'n Son posted on August 4, 2011 at 9:58 pm (#

Instagram is by far my favorite photo app too. I’ll have to check out some of the others that you mentioned, I love a good photo app.

6. Georgia Pellegrini posted on August 4, 2011 at 10:12 pm (#

FUn! I have a droid incredible so I don’t have as many fancy apps as the ipod, but I can only dream!

7. Kristen posted on August 4, 2011 at 10:21 pm (#

I of course adore that video and I’m in love with the iPhone camera. Such an informative post!! Some new ones I can’t wait to try.

8. Erin posted on August 4, 2011 at 11:14 pm (#

What a cute video!!

I am afraid of heights, and I totally understand where your daughter was coming from. :)

Hipstomatic is AWESOME!

9. Vanessa posted on August 5, 2011 at 3:39 am (#

Thank you so much for hosting! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

10. Happy Home Fairy posted on August 5, 2011 at 6:21 am (#

Hello, my name is Happy Home Fairy and I am addicted to Tidy Mom Blog! :-) Thanks for hosting – have a great weekend!

11. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on August 5, 2011 at 6:24 am (#

Cheryl,
    I’m hoping to get a new phone when I upgrade in September. Funny, I already have a list of the apps I want to install. Is that odd? I just added Accu Camera to the list, thanks!
    Thanks for hosting,
    Aimee

12. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on August 5, 2011 at 6:50 am (#

Thanks Cheryl, there are bunch I had never heard of. I’m going to check out the MoreBeaute2 app for sure!

13. shelly (cookies and cups) posted on August 5, 2011 at 7:23 am (#

Love these recs! I use instagram, hipstamatic, and camera plus, but some of the others are new to me! Can’t wait to try them out :)
    Have you used ColorSplash? I just downloaded that one the other day but haven’t had the chance to figure it out yet!

14. Maria posted on August 5, 2011 at 8:22 am (#

Thanks for the suggestions and I LOVE your EVO video! You did a fabulous job!

15. Janelle King posted on August 5, 2011 at 8:26 am (#

I wish I had and Iphone. Android please step up!

16. Marla posted on August 5, 2011 at 8:29 am (#

Yay!! I have a few of these apps but will dash over now to get the rest. Especially the MoreBeaute 2 app. NOW!! xxoo Will link up some posts too :)

17. Moe posted on August 5, 2011 at 8:42 am (#

I thought I was the only one with 8 zillion apps on my phone. Literally, a whole screen devoted to them (I don’t like the category part of my iPhone…I like to see everything!!!)

Picture show is my fave! I think its the one that will let you add to blogger too! So if I need to post something quick I can. its not perfect for blogger, but it does the trick!

Thanks for sharing some more that I need to go buy/add now!!!!

18. diane cu posted on August 5, 2011 at 8:49 am (#

Cheryl,
    all this just gives me the happy goosebumps. thank you so much for mentioning me, I’m so honored! xoxox
    and I’m so proud of you, this video is amazing!!! I love the music and being able to re-live the experience with you again.

19. susan posted on August 5, 2011 at 9:22 am (#

this is such a wealth of information, Cheryl. I have bookmarked this and will certainly check them all out!

20. Deliciously Organic posted on August 5, 2011 at 9:34 am (#

Thank you so much for sharing. I’ve heard about the imovie app and after seeing your video and hearing how easy it is, I’ll download it today. Thanks!

21. Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] posted on August 5, 2011 at 10:36 am (#

Love the round-up. It’s nice to see a food blogger post about a topic other than food or drinks every once and a blue moon.

22. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on August 5, 2011 at 12:12 pm (#

I love Instragram, too! And, wow, there are ALOT of others out there – thanks for the roundup!

23. Roberta posted on August 5, 2011 at 1:12 pm (#

Oh boy…all these new apps…I’m leaving this up to my hubby to learn and play with…I don’t need any more distractions…lol Love the video of you guys. Thanks for hosting…lots of cool things to check out this week…didn’t I just say I had enough distractions ;) Don’t care..blog hopping….it’s like crack…I have to have some ;) Have a wonderful weekend. Fondly, Roberta

24. Happy Home Fairy posted on August 5, 2011 at 1:48 pm (#

Wait, I’ve got a better one! I so APP-reciate your linky party every week! :-) Thanks!

25. Tracey posted on August 5, 2011 at 2:45 pm (#

Thank you for this post!!! I will be getting the new iPhone when it comes out and I can’t wait to try out all the photo apps! I have a list started already, and your suggestions are now included.

26. Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} posted on August 5, 2011 at 4:01 pm (#

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have just learned a little about Instagram, and finally got it on my phone this morning. I am going to try Camera+ next.

27. Athena posted on August 5, 2011 at 9:37 pm (#

Hi, I like the instagram, how neat. Thank you so much for hosting on your lovely blog! Have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of ice cream! :)

28. Jen Goode posted on August 6, 2011 at 12:56 am (#

You did such a great job on your first iMovie! I didn’t realize there was an app for the iphone specifically… that will save so much more time than uploading to the company and then dealing with the vid making.

My fav camera app is Hipstamatic with the extra “film/lens” packages. I love the option of mixing filters and lens types to create different looks.

There are a ton of photo editing apps I like to play with too.. mostly recently PS Express for it’s fast and easy image cleanup so I can include to a blog post. Love it!

Thanks so much for sharing!

29. Ali posted on August 6, 2011 at 11:16 am (#

30. marda@http://www.bellecaketopperandmould.net/ posted on August 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm (#

Thank you for hosting….xoxo

31. PicSart Gratis posted on January 29, 2014 at 3:05 am (#

Me encantó tu web. Llegué por casualidad y me ha gustado bastante.

1. Pingback: Homemade Pizza | Yes, you too can make your own pizza! It's easy! | The Misadventures of Mrs. B

2. Pingback: Free Photoshop Elements action that replicates Instagram Nashville preset. | Everyday Elements

3. Pingback: Mom’s Blueberry Tea Cake {and blueberry picking!}