follow TidyMom on Pinterest

i am baby {ducky shower punch}

One of the most rewarding things about blogging, is the friendships that are formed.  Some I’ve been able to meet in person, but many I have not, but it doesn’t stop us from being a huge support system for one another.  We “get together” daily to chat, laugh, cry, vent, and support each other.  (Skype is such an awesome tool!)

So it only makes sense that when one of us has something really huge to celebrate, we ALL want to celebrate!!  No matter how many miles between us!

Today, we are throwing a SURPRISE virtual baby shower for our sweet friend Amanda of i am baker.

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch Recipe

Amanda is expecting her fourth baby next week!  A sweet baby boy.  And we couldn’t let it pass with out celebrating in a special way!   17 other amazingly talented bloggers and myself have managed to keep a big fat secret from Amanda and pulled off this SURPRISE (we hope)

What’s the first thing you think of when you think of a shower?  Great food and there’s always punch! When else do you get to sip a sugary filled colorful concoction out of tiny little cups?

I’ve been dying for an excuse to make this adorable Ducky Bath Punch!  The blue Kool-Aid makes it look like bath water and  the sherbet mixed with the ginger ale gives it  “bath bubbles”.

UPDATE: I get emails all the time asking how to make this punch pink….but the whole point of the blue is for the water (not for boy/girl) pink water would no longer look like ducks in a bath, it would look like ducks in pink punch. I usually suggest if you really need it to look more girly, use pink ducks.…..but honestly if your shower theme is pink, and this is sitting in the middle, it will fit in just fine…blue water and all! HA

Blue Kool Aid – Look for Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade or Berry Blue flavors

Also, not all rubber ducks will float – I bought bath tub rubber duckies from the baby department.  Make sure your rubber ducks float!

Can’t find Blue Kool Aid?

**Many people are having a problem finding blue Kool-Aid.  A reader used berry blue typhoon Hawaiian Punch, ginger ale white grape juice and sherbert… and NO SUGAR! (the Hawaiian Punch is sweetened so no more sugar is needed)

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch Recipe

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch

Yield: 24 small servings

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch

Summary: Adorable Ducky Bath Punch – The blue Kool-Aid makes it look like bath water and the sherbet mixed with the ginger ale gives it “bath bubbles”.

Ingredients

• 1 packet blue, unsweetened Kool-Aid (Look for Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade or Berry Blue flavors)
  • 1 (2 liter) bottle Ginger Ale
  • 1 (64 oz) bottle White Grape Juice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 8 scoops pineapple sherbet
  • 2-3 Rubber Duckies (make sure they float - bathtub toys)
  • maraschino cherries (optional for garnish)
  • orange slices (optional for garnish)

Instructions

1. Chill ginger ale and grape juice over night
  2. Remove sherbet from freezer about 1/2 hour before serving punch to soften
  3. In a large bowl, combine Kool-Aid packet, sugar and chilled juice. Stir to blend.
  4. Slowly add chilled ginger ale.
  5. Float 8 scoops of softened sherbet on top
  6. Add Rubber Duckies (don’t forget to wash before using)
  7. garnish cups with cherries and orange slices

Notes

If you can't find Blue KoolAid then you can replace the kool aid and sugar with Berry Blue Typhoon Hawaiian Punch. DO NOT ADD 1 CUP of sugar if you do this! The Hawaiian Punch already has sugar in it.

© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch Recipe

Buy It:

Click over and tell Amanda “Surprise and Congratulations!” I know she is just going to be blown away by this!  If you haven’t been to her sites, you don’t know what you’re missing! She’s an incredibly

If you’re new to TidyMom, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed or Email. I would also love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for visiting!
About TidyMom

Comments

1. 155
    fun fun fun says:

hosted a baby shower , very cute idea !!! I served it in a pink baby bath with duckies around it and a blow up duck next to it , makes a great present when done

• 156

What punch packet did you use to make it pink?

• 157

the blue if for the effect of looking like water – not for boy or girl – if you make the punch pink, it will no longer seem like bath water.

• 158

Thank you for this great idea. I will be hosting a baby shower next month, with a ” FINDING NEMO” theme. We are going to use this punch and put floating NEMO bath toys in it. Maybe even the ones that don’t float. I’m hoping it will be a huge hit.

• 159

You can also find a large variety of different kinds of rubber ducks on the Oriental Trading Company website…literally, any kind of rubber duck you want is there!

• 160

thanks so much!…just be sure they are floating/bath tub ducks

• 161
            Colleen McClelland says:

I’ve always liked the Hawaiian Punch & lemon lime soda recipe with sherbet. It was an easy leap when I saw the blue Hawaiian Punch on the grocery shelf. Always stays blue, no color problems and everyone likes it.

• 162

Can this punch be made using alcohol? Will that affect the suds?

• 163

I don’t know, I’ve never tried it. Please leave an update if you do.

• 164

I make a punch similar to this for New Years Eve. 2, 2 liters bottles of ginger ale, 7up or sprite, 1 bottle 750 ml champagne and a small tub of sherbert. I use rainbow. Light, refreshing and very frothy. Nice way to welcome the new year! :)

2. 165

What a cute idea! Where did you find your rubber ducks? They look better than some and float well.

3. 167
    sjp2008 says:

So, I was so excited to make this recipe for my sister’s baby shower this past weekend! I bought the only blue packet of kool aid at the store (the third I’d been to looking for blue kool aid) and when I mixed it, it was red!! I couldn’t believe it and it was too late to do anything about it, so my duckies floated in a blood bath, lol! Luckily my sister thought it was funny, but I still can’t find actual blue kool aid anywhere!

4. 169

I was super excited to try this for my friends baby shower. However when I made it with the blue kool aid – it turned green! I guess the white grape juice and gingerale (yellowish) mixed with the blue turned it an aweful shade of green…so we added another packet of blue. It was still green, but it kind of matched our color theme. I would have really liked it to be blue blue though. I wish I had read the comments first about the hawiian punch and sprite. that sounds like a great idea. And my foam didn’t last. Any tips on making it foamier??

• 170

so sorry, I didn’t have a problem with mine turning green.

• 171

We were thinking of making the punch green to make it look like the duckies were swimming in a pond. I got lemon-lime. That was the only green type I could find. I found strawberry-kiwi but that would probably look red or pink. If I do blue, I could only find mixed berry. I might have to experiment before actually making the punch to see what color I might end up with. Do you just use one packet dry of the kool aid?
        Thanks.

• 172

Mine turned PUKE green as well………….

• 173

Love this idea just found out I’m going to be a Grandma again (4th one) but first for my daughter. I’m so going to use this. I think if you are wanting to turn the punch to the green side you could add a drop or two of green food coloring. Don’t go heavy with it becuse depending on what brand you use some just takes a little bit and of course you could always add more.

5. 174
    Michelle says:

If you substitute Hawaiian punch for the kool-aid packet, how much hawaiian punch should you use? The recipe doesn’t say that. Thanks!

• 175

My suggestion to someone else was, if you were to use Hawaiian punch instead of kool-aid, then I would eliminate the grape juice, and replace that 64 ounces with 64 ounces of Hawaiian punch. I don’t forget, you will NOT need the sugar then either.

Hope this helps

6. 176
    MamaToBe223 says:

Would it be okay to use a different kind of sherbert?? Pineapple is not my favorite.

• 177

Well, the pineapple is mild and the flavor mixes will with the other fruity flavor AND it’s the only white colored sherbet. You could try vanilla ice cream, I would imagine it would yield similar results, but I’ve never tried it.

• 178

Did you try another flavor? We are using this next month, and I also do not like pineapple..

7. 179

This is so cute. I’m wondering why nobody thought to add some blue food coloring instead of complaining it didn’t work for them? Thanks again for such a cute idea. I am hosting a baby shower for my sister in a few weeks and we are surely going to do this :)

8. 182

I like the idea…but reading the comments the original poster seems short and kinda rude when asked questions about the recipe.

• 183
      Therese says:

What do you expect? The OP wasn’t there when readers were making it… how would she know what they did wrong? lol!

• 184

sorry you feel that way Katie, I have replied to each question via email and even came back here to leave the answers as well in case anyone else has the same questions. Not sure what is short or rude about that.

9. 185
    Jackie Evans says:

Hello! Could you use 7up or Sprite instead of Ginger-Ale? I am not a huge fan pf Ginger Ale but I did not know if iit would change it in anyway besides possible the flavor?
    Thanks!

10. 187
    krosbysmommy says:

I made this at my cousins baby shower, with the hundred other things I had to do, I forgot to chill ginger ale and juice over night or set out sherbert before hand, and we put in like half of the sherbert, it turned out GREAT!!! thank you so much, I am planning on using the same recipe for my friends luau bachelorette party, instead of ducks, I am looking for fish. Thank you for the wonderful idea!!!

11. 188
    Judy Lewis says:

I used the rubber duck punch recipe for a baby shower yesterday! Oh my, it was a huge hit! I’ll be honest, I was a bit Leary since a couple of reviewers said theirs had turned a nasty green! Mine was a gorgeous blue just as your photo. It was delicious as well! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

12. 189

We made this punch for a shower this past weekend and it was a great success! Very cute for the baby who has been referred to as “duckling” in utero. Since we traveled by plane and threw our friend a shower at her home, we were not able to bring a punch bowl. A last minute improvisation ended up looking really cute! The largest bowl we could find was an oval white ceramic crockpot pot (pulled out of the crockpot, of course). It ended up looking just like a bathtub! Perfect! Also, we could not find pineapple sherbet and substituted vanilla ice cream. It was very yummy and appropriately “frothy”.

• 190

Oh, that is so helpful to know about the vanilla ice cream! I could not find pineapple sherbet at any of the stores around here, and I didn’t know if vanilla would work on not, and my sister-in-law’s baby shower is tomorrow! Thanks!

13. 191

I made this for my sister- in- laws baby shower and it turned out great! That you for the idea!
    I used about 9 cups of the Berry Blue Typhoon Hawaiian Punch and 3 cups of white grape juice ( a little less then half as much juice). Then I added 1 liter ginger ale and piña colada sherbet. I stirred it a little and got some foam going and then added another half liter of ginger ale and stirred a little more. I was worried that it wouldn’t look nice and “bubbley” like the picture but it worked great!!! There were LOTS of bubbles! It was so much fun to make and everybody loved it. The taste was wonderful too. I think the piña colada sherbet adds some sophistication to it. :) I will definitely add this to my collection!

14. 192

I made this punch exactly as the recipe states and it was a big hit. It looked and tasted great. I did have a problem finding the blue Kool-Aid, but finally found it at Wal-Mart. Just as the other comments state, the color of the packet does not indicate the color of the Kool-Aid. I bought several packets to try first and found this out. I also had cute mini rubber duckies that I also tried out first and they did not float. Since I still wanted to use them, I froze a small container of water to use as an ice block then put the little duckies on top and added just a little more water and froze again to make the duckies freeze in a stationary position in the ice. Next time though I will get real floating duckies. Can’t wait to have the opportunity to make it again!!

15. 193

Thanks so much for posting this! I LOVE the duck punch idea. I used it for my daughters 2nd birthday party. The color and taste were perfect. It was very funny because the ducks I had wouldn’t stay upright, so of course there were many comments about the ducks drinking too much punch! Grin.

And I was thrilled with the idea of a bowl on a cake stand because I just can’t bring myself to buy a punch bowl! Thanks for the great Ideas.

The whole party can be found at notyournormalsteam.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/duck-a-palooza-part-2-food/

16. 194
    patsy brown says:

i made the punch for my daughter in laws gender party–it turned out sooooo cute-i used the blue hawaiin punch and it did just fine. i floated blue and yellow ducks and also made a pink punch and used pink and yellow ducks it turned out adorable looked like bubble bath!!!!

17. 195

My MIL makes a pink punch out of rasperry sherbert and gingerale. ~ She also has made it with raspberry sherbert and cold duck liquer (which is sort of like a low bubbly champaigne) if you want it alchololic, which probably isn’t good for a baby shower… but is wonderful for a bridal shower!

18. 196
    keri haynes says:

If I use the blue Hawaiian punch, how much do I use? And do I still add in the grape juice And ginger ale? I have a punch bowl, but will all this fit in a punch bowl or should it be mixed in something else?

• 197

This is what reader Julie (a few comments above) said worked great for her:

“I used about 9 cups of the Berry Blue Typhoon Hawaiian Punch and 3 cups of white grape juice ( a little less then half as much juice). Then I added 1 liter ginger ale and piña colada sherbet. I stirred it a little and got some foam going and then added another half liter of ginger ale and stirred a little more. “

19. 198

Ok, that’s just so adorable and EASY!

20. 199

I was wondering if you use the hawaiian punch instead of the kool aid .. What size bottel or jud of the punch do you use..

21. 200

Hi I’m going to make this fr my son’s first birthday it’s a sesame street party so I will be putting ernie next to it I hop it works for me wish me luck I’ll let you know but thank you

• 201

I made the punch this pass Saturday for my sons first birthday as Ernie’s bubble bath it came out great it was a big hit thank you so much

22. 202

I made this punch for my son’s and his wife’s baby shower and it turned out great…

23. 203

This is a great idea. one question, my driend i am having the baby shower for is allergic to pineapples. Is there a different sherbet i can use instead of pineapple?

24. 205
    Diane Miler says:

we did this for my daughter in laws shower,we took fish bowl size and added acriylic bubbles and small styrofoam balls and medium styfoam balls and miintuare duckies for centerpieces and light blue almost turquiose table cloth and streamers in yellow down the center in the very middle ballons rubber duckie attach to a resin Duckie weight and added some baby showe blue mini rubber duckies down the table and i had a rubber duckie punch i got card stock and made confetti. i got a bucket of cardstock rubber duckies from ebay a lady sold on sticks thry were blank and you could write a message and tern stick it in a blue bucket i made up.
    I also added mimi marshmallows to look like bubbles.Congratulations to the new mom to be

25. 206
    Wendy Lunn says:

I made this for my daughter’s shower last weekend it was a big hit! Thanks for all your great ideas!

26. 207

I made this for a baby shower, I use the ice lue raspberry lemonade kool aid…the punch initially turned green as well
    , mind you I added a bit of blue food colouring till I got the blue colour i wanted and I also couldn’t find pineapple sherbet so I used vanilla ice cream…..it was a huge hit!! Looked so cute! Everyone asked me for the recipe and said it tasted delicious! Was very easy to make as well! Thanks for the great recipe!!!

27. 208

I tried this for my shower today. It was delicious! However it was green :( I followed the directions exactly (used ice blue raspberry lemonade) and it was very green with not as much foam as the pic :( but the flavor made up for it I suppose.

28. 209

I did this today & it worked wonderfully! I used a gallon of blue Hawaiian punch & a liter of ginger ale. The color was perfect & the pineapple sherbet made great looking suds. Thanks!

29. 210
    Debbie Howery says:

i have a dumb question, do you prepare the koolaid by package directions first?

• 211

No – per the directions: “In a large bowl, combine Kool-Aid packet, sugar and chilled juice. Stir to blend.”

• 212
        Mary Helen says:

To see if I have this right do you mix the Kool-aid, with the sugar and Whte Grape Juice. Then right before serving do you still add the 1 Liter of Sprite or Ginger Ale and the Sherbert? If I do the Blue Hawaiian Punch, I omit the sugar. Do I also omit White Grape Juice and just add the Sprite or Ginger Ale with the Sherbert right before serving?

30. 213
    mandi lewis says:

How much blue Hawaiian Punch do you add if you can’t find the Kool Aid packets?

31. 215

Hi Cheryl!!! This recipe will be awesome for the baby shower i`ll be hosting in March!!! But, i was wondering if i would need to put in the White Grape Juice?? And could i use sprite or 7 up?? Thanks for the recipe!!

32. 216

Hi Cheryl!!! This recipe will be awesome for the baby shower i`ll be hosting in March!!! But, i was wondering if i would need to put in the White Grape Juice?? And could i use sprite?? Thanks for the recipe!!!! PS. found this recipe on pinterest :)

33. 217

I made this for my friends baby shower yesterday and it was a big hit! It came out exactly as pictured :) The Kool-Aid was hard to find in Blue. After 4 stores I found a Berry Blue….yeah! I actually heated about 10 ounces of the White Grape Juice to mix the sugar and Kool Aid packet and then added it into the cold drink mix and then added the sherbet. I was afraid the sugar wouldn’t dissolve properly with cold liquid. I wouldn’t change a thing and I will defiantly make it again. Thanks for sharing.

• 218

Made this punch today for a co-worker’s baby shower! It was a HUGE hit! It turned out a beautiful blue and tasted wonderful as well. I got so many complements on it. I used the blue Kool-Aid (Mixed Berry) which I found at Wal-Mart and followed the original recipe. Thanks so much for sharing! I will definitely be making this again!

• 220

Awesome!! Maria! I’m so glad you liked it!! thanks for letting us know!

34. 221

is there an alternative to the sherbet???

35. 222

is there and alternative to the pineapple sherbet?! cant find it anywhere!!!

36. 224

Looking forward to having this punch at my daughter in laws baby shower. We have made the whole theme rubber duckies becasue I thought this was such a great idea. Thank you for sharing this with me.

37. 225

I tried this recipe a couple years ago for my daughter’s ducky baby shower. I used the pre-made Kool-Aid gallon jugs from the grocery store, instead of ginger ale and the white grape juice I used pineapple soda. This made a very nice blue-green pond color. The pineapple sherbet on top was nice and frothy. My daughter was expecting a girl, so we used pink ducks!

38. 226

I am planning a baby shower for my brother THIS saturday!!! This is my punch of choice and sooo creative!! They are having twin boys so this is perfect! Im very excited to try this!!! Your site is wonderful!! Im a newbie but will be following Thank you for your hard work and time!! : )

39. 227
    Rbilsing says:

My best friend just turned 30 and loves rubber duckies. Her party is coming up and I thought this would be a cute idea. Any thoughts on how to make this into an adult punch and what alcohol I should use?!?!

40. 228

We used this recipe for a bay shower for my niece and it is AWESOME! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! My friend is having a 50th wedding party for her in-laws and i gave her this recipe to use. They are going to use lemonade koolaid and follow the recipe. (take out the ducky’s of course). ;) I think this recipe is great!

41. 229

Used your recipe for a shower I threw- Thank you!
    Thought I’d share the blog post about it! =) I linked your post for my readers!

42. 230

I made this punch for my granddaughter’s baby shower and it was delicious. Every one loved it.

43. 231

I did a trial run for my niece’s baby shower but there wasn’t much foam nor bubbles. Any tips? Also, I can’t get sherbet in Brisbane, Australia. Can I substitute gelato, Italian ice-cream? Is is OK to replace ginger ale with lemonade?
    Your Pinterest is amazing and what an achievement to have so many followers. Thank you for sharing.

44. 232

I cant’t find the pineapple sherbet ice cream. Can I use vanilla ice cream with chucks of pineapple or can crushed pineapple?

45. 233
    Katie Beech says:

This is a great idea and im going to try it at my own baby shower this May. I was wondering where you got the pedestal punch bowl? i just love it and wanted to find that exact same one or something very similar. If you would be so kind as to let me know i woul really appreciate it.

46. 235

I made this yesterday for a baby shower. I used the Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade and Welch’s white grape juice and it turned green so I added blue food coloring (i was prepared after reading comments) and it worked fine and I had to make a 2nd round and I used an off brand of white grape juice and this actually turned blue. So I guess Welch’s brand will turn it green. Hope this is helpful. :-)

47. 236
    Rachel B. says:

I made the punch just like you said Koolaid and all this weekend, my only problem was after I added the Ginger Ale it turned more of a green color. I added another package of Koolaid and it looked better, but still no where as pretty as yours. Eventually I just added some food coloring and made it the color I wanted, and it turned out great! Thank you for the awesome idea, it was deciduous and a huge hit!

48. 237
    Abigail says:

How many people does this recipe serve? I am having a rather large shower this weekend and was wondering if I should double the recipe. This is ADORABLE!!! I cannot wait to see how it turns out :)

49. 239
    Crystal Waybright says:

I tried this adorable punch for my best friend’s baby shower. Not only was it adorable and it did get foamy but not as good as the photo…it was delicious. Yum!

50. 240
    Stephanie says:

Love this! Doing it for a baby shower for my step daughter this weekend. Can’t find pineapple sherbet so vanilla ice cream ok?

Trackbacks

I’d love to hear from you, leave a comment