Recipes

Ducky Baby Shower Punch

One of the most rewarding things about blogging, is the friendships that are formed.  Some I’ve been able to meet in person, but many I have not, but it doesn’t stop us from being a huge support system for one another.  We “get together” daily to chat, laugh, cry, vent, and support each other.  (Skype is such an awesome tool!)

So it only makes sense that when one of us has something really huge to celebrate, we ALL want to celebrate!!  No matter how many miles between us!

Today, we are throwing a SURPRISE virtual baby shower for a blogging friend.

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch Recipe

The mom-to-be is expecting her fourth baby next week!  A sweet baby boy.  And we couldn’t let it pass with out celebrating in a special way!

What’s the first thing you think of when you think of a baby shower?  Great food and there’s always punch! When else do you get to sip a sugary filled colorful concoction out of tiny little cups?

I’ve been dying for an excuse to make this adorable Ducky Bath Punch!  The blue Kool-Aid makes it look like bath water and  the sherbet mixed with the ginger ale gives it  “bath bubbles”.

Ducky Baby Shower Punch Tips

UPDATE: I get emails all the time asking how to make this punch pink….but the whole point of the blue is for the water (not for boy/girl) pink water would no longer look like ducks in a bath, it would look like ducks in pink punch. I usually suggest if you really need it to look more girly, use pink ducks.…..but honestly if your shower theme is pink, and this is sitting in the middle, it will fit in just fine…blue water and all! HA

Blue Kool Aid – Look for Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade or Berry Blue flavors

Also, not all rubber ducks will float – I bought bath tub rubber duckies from the baby department.  Make sure your rubber ducks float!

Can’t find Blue Kool Aid?

**Many people are having a problem finding blue Kool-Aid.  A reader used berry blue typhoon Hawaiian Punch, ginger ale, white grape juice and sherbet… and NO SUGAR! (the Hawaiian Punch is sweetened so no more sugar is needed)

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch Recipe

Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board

Follow Cheryl Sousan | Tidymom.net’s board TidyMom.net easy recipes on Pinterest.

Ducky Baby Shower Punch Recipe

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch

Yield: 24 small servings

Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch

Summary: Adorable Ducky Bath Punch – The blue Kool-Aid makes it look like bath water and the sherbet mixed with the ginger ale gives it “bath bubbles”.

Ingredients

• 1 packet blue, unsweetened Kool-Aid (Look for Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade or Berry Blue flavors)
  • 1 (2 liter) bottle Ginger Ale
  • 1 (64 oz) bottle White Grape Juice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 8 scoops pineapple sherbet
  • 2-3 Rubber Duckies (make sure they float - bathtub toys)
  • maraschino cherries (optional for garnish)
  • orange slices (optional for garnish)

Instructions

1. Chill ginger ale and grape juice over night
  2. Remove sherbet from freezer about 1/2 hour before serving punch to soften
  3. In a large bowl, combine Kool-Aid packet, sugar and chilled juice. Stir to blend.
  4. Slowly add chilled ginger ale.
  5. Float 8 scoops of softened sherbet on top
  6. Add Rubber Duckies (don’t forget to wash before using)
  7. garnish cups with cherries and orange slices

Notes

I**f you can't find Blue KoolAid then you can replace the KoolAid and sugar with Berry Blue Typhoon Hawaiian Punch. DO NOT ADD 1 CUP of sugar if you do this! The Hawaiian Punch already has sugar in it.

1 gallon bottle Hawaiian Punch Berry Blue 1 large can of White Grape Juice 1 (2 liter ) bottle of Ginger Ale (or Sprite) Pineapple Sherbet

@TidyMom or scan my HR code with your camera

@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera

Yum

329 Responses to “Ducky Baby Shower Punch”

1. Kathy posted on January 5, 2012 at 4:27 pm (#)

I love this idea. I have a baby shower coming up in March for my niece. This is her first child and it is a girl.. I have been thinking of what to serve and I love this punch… Just have to make it pink. Thanks so much for sharing this.

2. Ann posted on January 6, 2012 at 11:15 am (#)

So very cute!!! Just love it. This is one for my recipe file

3. shannon posted on January 22, 2012 at 8:35 pm (#)

Hi….just wanted to mention that we made this punch last weekend for my daughters baby shower. (She’s having a boy) it was a huge success and we received tons of compliments on it. We served it in pint sized mason jars with “its a boy ” ribbons toed around them and blue and white polka dotted straws. The mason jars also served as a party favor. Unique and inexpensive! It was a big hit!

• Roz replied on January 27th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Did you use sugar free jello or Knox?

• TidyMom replied on January 27th, 2012 at 12:26 pm

there is no gelatin in this recipe

4. rhonda posted on January 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm (#)

Can you use 7 up instead of Ginger ale

5. Sammy posted on January 27, 2012 at 11:48 pm (#)

If it was for a little girl, why not paint little pink bows on the little ducks? In a non-toxic pain, of course! LOVE this idea!!

6. Superfood Sisters posted on January 28, 2012 at 3:45 pm (#)

Can’t wait to make this for my step-daughter’s baby shower! She saw it and feel in love with it! Thanks for the great idea!!

7. Carissa posted on February 3, 2012 at 5:47 pm (#)

Does anyone know if blue food coloring will work? I can’t find blue Kool Aid.

• TidyMom replied on February 3rd, 2012 at 6:43 pm

It’s pretty easy to find at any store around here. You could use Blue Hawiaan punch instead of the koolaid , sugar and juice.
      I’m afraid blue food color will stain teeth and mouth a lot more.

8. barrie posted on February 7, 2012 at 10:01 am (#)

what makes it foam ? does it always do that ? id love to make some

9. Shel posted on February 7, 2012 at 2:12 pm (#)

Help! I am wanting to make this for a shower this weekend but I can’t find blue kool aid anywhere! I’m in Texas. I’ve tried HEB, WalMart and Kroger.

• TidyMom replied on February 7th, 2012 at 3:46 pm

You could use Blue Hawiaan punch instead of the koolaid , sugar and juice.

10. latasha windham posted on February 9, 2012 at 4:30 pm (#)

THE DUCKY PUNCH IS AWSOME!!! SO CUTE!!!!

11. Nancy Welch posted on February 12, 2012 at 9:21 pm (#)

Made this punch today for a year old baby party and everyone raved over it !!!! I thought I had picked up the blue koi laid packet but had grabed the mixed berry and it obviously was not blue but pink in color, but with the way people raved over it, I think it was just fine!!! Wil definetly use again!!!

12. Tammy posted on February 13, 2012 at 10:40 pm (#)

Do you think this could be doubled in made in a baby bathtub, or would the plastic not work well?

13. Melinda posted on February 19, 2012 at 12:15 am (#)

Uh-oh! Blue Kool-Aid packets are impossible to find! I substituted already made blue Hawaiian Punch for the white grape juice. Very tasty!

• Melinda replied on February 19th, 2012 at 12:17 am

Oops. Didn’t realize this finding was already posted. My bad!

14. ilgazz posted on February 22, 2012 at 1:48 pm (#)

so cute !!!

15. Morgan posted on February 25, 2012 at 5:55 pm (#)

I made this for my sister-in-law’s baby shower I threw her last night and not only was it ADORABLE and a huge hit, it was YUMMY too! I couldn’t find any plain yellow rubber duckies anywhere but Bath and Body Works carries some really cute ones with patterns on them and it looked fantastic! So much fun! Thanks for the idea!

16. Tiffany posted on March 7, 2012 at 7:14 am (#)

I want to make this for my baby shower this weekend! Does anyone know te flavor or the blue kool aid? Please and thank you!

• tifanne replied on March 7th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I picked up a flavor called Mixed Berry at Walmart today, and its blue.

17. Baby Shower posted on March 8, 2012 at 8:57 am (#)

Great Idea. I used it at my daughter’s Baby Shower. We did experiment with the recipe before using it. BEWARE of using white grape juice and the ginger ale. They both have a yellow tint to them and they turn the blue kool aid green. Also, BEWARE of what kind of koolaid you purchase. It will turn your teeth and tongue blue. I don’t think your guests would appreciate that! This is what we used to substitute. Blue Hawiian Punch and Sprite.

• TidyMom replied on March 8th, 2012 at 10:15 am

Thanks for the tips……we didn’t have any of those issues.

• Jannis Lane replied on July 16th, 2012 at 9:56 pm

This is in response to “Baby Shower”. Could you give me your exact recipe where you used the Blue Hawaiian Punch and Sprite will the exact directions. I am wanting to make this soon and think it will be great. Could you email me directly at j3lane@bellsouth.net. Thanks so much. I can’t wait to make this. Jannis

18. monica posted on March 26, 2012 at 5:57 am (#)

I made this recipe and used tropical punch koolaid and it turned out great so for those of you throwing a baby shower for a girl baby you could use tropical punch koolaid instead of the blue. it is kinda a red color but its not blue and it tasted great.

• TidyMom replied on March 26th, 2012 at 11:45 am

cute………but the blue kool-aid represents water, not blue for a boy.
      so if you make the punch pink – it will just look like ducks floating in pink punch, not “bath water”.

if you’re really hung up on making it look more girly, I suggest finding girlie ducks or when it’s in the center of a pink/girl baby shower, it will not look “boy”.

19. Brenda posted on March 31, 2012 at 12:50 pm (#)

How many cups did you get out of this? We are having 50 people.

20. Amy posted on April 16, 2012 at 1:45 pm (#)

Helped plan a baby shower last Saturday, and this punch was a hit! I used rainbow sherbert and it all sort of swirled together after a couple hours and look very pretty. And tasted delicious

21. Natalie posted on April 19, 2012 at 3:10 pm (#)

I just got done serving this ducky punch about 4 minutes ago at a staff baby shower and it was perfect. I can’t believe how well it came it. So freaking geeked!!

22. Dana posted on April 29, 2012 at 10:54 am (#)

i would love to do this for my sons first birthday! Thanks for the recipe, but I have not been able to find pineapple sherbet is there something else you can use? Thanks again for the cool idea.

23. Dana posted on May 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm (#)

i made this punch and everyone enjoyed it, made it for my sons Elmo birthday party

24. Caralylnn posted on May 18, 2012 at 12:11 am (#)

Is the pedestal glass cake plate yours? Do you know anything about it? How old it is? I have one also and don’t know its history. … love the ducky punch idea!

25. fun fun fun posted on May 18, 2012 at 3:44 pm (#)

hosted a baby shower , very cute idea !!! I served it in a pink baby bath with duckies around it and a blow up duck next to it , makes a great present when done

• April replied on May 19th, 2012 at 3:41 pm

What punch packet did you use to make it pink?

• TidyMom replied on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:34 pm

the blue if for the effect of looking like water – not for boy or girl – if you make the punch pink, it will no longer seem like bath water.

• Michele replied on September 18th, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Thank you for this great idea. I will be hosting a baby shower next month, with a ” FINDING NEMO” theme. We are going to use this punch and put floating NEMO bath toys in it. Maybe even the ones that don’t float. I’m hoping it will be a huge hit.

• Amy replied on July 18th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

You can also find a large variety of different kinds of rubber ducks on the Oriental Trading Company website…literally, any kind of rubber duck you want is there!

• TidyMom replied on July 19th, 2012 at 8:26 am

thanks so much!…just be sure they are floating/bath tub ducks

• Colleen McClelland replied on September 9th, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I’ve always liked the Hawaiian Punch & lemon lime soda recipe with sherbet. It was an easy leap when I saw the blue Hawaiian Punch on the grocery shelf. Always stays blue, no color problems and everyone likes it.

• Rebecca replied on January 13th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Can this punch be made using alcohol? Will that affect the suds?

• TidyMom replied on January 14th, 2013 at 6:59 am

I don’t know, I’ve never tried it. Please leave an update if you do.

• Janet replied on April 10th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I make a punch similar to this for New Years Eve. 2, 2 liters bottles of ginger ale, 7up or sprite, 1 bottle 750 ml champagne and a small tub of sherbert. I use rainbow. Light, refreshing and very frothy. Nice way to welcome the new year! :)

26. connie posted on May 22, 2012 at 2:55 pm (#)

What a cute idea! Where did you find your rubber ducks? They look better than some and float well.

• TidyMom replied on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:33 pm

There is an Amazon link to the ducks in the post – but I picked mine up at Target

27. sjp2008 posted on May 27, 2012 at 8:51 pm (#)

So, I was so excited to make this recipe for my sister’s baby shower this past weekend! I bought the only blue packet of kool aid at the store (the third I’d been to looking for blue kool aid) and when I mixed it, it was red!! I couldn’t believe it and it was too late to do anything about it, so my duckies floated in a blood bath, lol! Luckily my sister thought it was funny, but I still can’t find actual blue kool aid anywhere!

• TidyMom replied on May 28th, 2012 at 8:47 am

Oh no! lol……yeah, that’s confusing when they make the packets a different color than the kool-aid

28. Jen posted on June 2, 2012 at 9:06 pm (#)

I was super excited to try this for my friends baby shower. However when I made it with the blue kool aid – it turned green! I guess the white grape juice and gingerale (yellowish) mixed with the blue turned it an aweful shade of green…so we added another packet of blue. It was still green, but it kind of matched our color theme. I would have really liked it to be blue blue though. I wish I had read the comments first about the hawiian punch and sprite. that sounds like a great idea. And my foam didn’t last. Any tips on making it foamier??

• TidyMom replied on June 4th, 2012 at 8:48 pm

so sorry, I didn’t have a problem with mine turning green.

• Deb replied on June 16th, 2012 at 11:03 am

We were thinking of making the punch green to make it look like the duckies were swimming in a pond. I got lemon-lime. That was the only green type I could find. I found strawberry-kiwi but that would probably look red or pink. If I do blue, I could only find mixed berry. I might have to experiment before actually making the punch to see what color I might end up with. Do you just use one packet dry of the kool aid?
        Thanks.

• Diana replied on June 27th, 2012 at 10:00 am

Mine turned PUKE green as well………….

• Debi replied on October 25th, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Love this idea just found out I’m going to be a Grandma again (4th one) but first for my daughter. I’m so going to use this. I think if you are wanting to turn the punch to the green side you could add a drop or two of green food coloring. Don’t go heavy with it becuse depending on what brand you use some just takes a little bit and of course you could always add more.

29. Michelle posted on June 9, 2012 at 10:13 pm (#)

If you substitute Hawaiian punch for the kool-aid packet, how much hawaiian punch should you use? The recipe doesn’t say that. Thanks!

• TidyMom replied on June 12th, 2012 at 6:12 pm

My suggestion to someone else was, if you were to use Hawaiian punch instead of kool-aid, then I would eliminate the grape juice, and replace that 64 ounces with 64 ounces of Hawaiian punch. I don’t forget, you will NOT need the sugar then either.

Hope this helps

30. MamaToBe223 posted on June 15, 2012 at 11:17 am (#)

Would it be okay to use a different kind of sherbert?? Pineapple is not my favorite.

• TidyMom replied on June 15th, 2012 at 11:42 am

Well, the pineapple is mild and the flavor mixes will with the other fruity flavor AND it’s the only white colored sherbet. You could try vanilla ice cream, I would imagine it would yield similar results, but I’ve never tried it.

• Sara replied on September 16th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Did you try another flavor? We are using this next month, and I also do not like pineapple..

31. alyson posted on June 20, 2012 at 8:58 pm (#)

This is so cute. I’m wondering why nobody thought to add some blue food coloring instead of complaining it didn’t work for them? Thanks again for such a cute idea. I am hosting a baby shower for my sister in a few weeks and we are surely going to do this :)

• TidyMom replied on July 5th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I think that would be a good solution too! thanks

• Andreya replied on September 8th, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I am planning on making this for my sons 2nd birthday but I could not find single packets of ice blue rasberry koolaid I could only find a big container how much should I use?

32. Katie posted on June 27, 2012 at 11:26 am (#)

I like the idea…but reading the comments the original poster seems short and kinda rude when asked questions about the recipe.

• Therese replied on July 5th, 2012 at 10:24 am

What do you expect? The OP wasn’t there when readers were making it… how would she know what they did wrong? lol!

• TidyMom replied on July 5th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

sorry you feel that way Katie, I have replied to each question via email and even came back here to leave the answers as well in case anyone else has the same questions. Not sure what is short or rude about that.

33. Jackie Evans posted on July 1, 2012 at 4:44 pm (#)

Hello! Could you use 7up or Sprite instead of Ginger-Ale? I am not a huge fan pf Ginger Ale but I did not know if iit would change it in anyway besides possible the flavor?
    Thanks!

• TidyMom replied on July 5th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I would think that would be just fine Jackie – let me know how it turns out if you try it

34. krosbysmommy posted on July 7, 2012 at 11:30 am (#)

I made this at my cousins baby shower, with the hundred other things I had to do, I forgot to chill ginger ale and juice over night or set out sherbert before hand, and we put in like half of the sherbert, it turned out GREAT!!! thank you so much, I am planning on using the same recipe for my friends luau bachelorette party, instead of ducks, I am looking for fish. Thank you for the wonderful idea!!!

35. Judy Lewis posted on July 16, 2012 at 8:05 am (#)

I used the rubber duck punch recipe for a baby shower yesterday! Oh my, it was a huge hit! I’ll be honest, I was a bit Leary since a couple of reviewers said theirs had turned a nasty green! Mine was a gorgeous blue just as your photo. It was delicious as well! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

36. Amy posted on July 25, 2012 at 11:03 pm (#)

We made this punch for a shower this past weekend and it was a great success! Very cute for the baby who has been referred to as “duckling” in utero. Since we traveled by plane and threw our friend a shower at her home, we were not able to bring a punch bowl. A last minute improvisation ended up looking really cute! The largest bowl we could find was an oval white ceramic crockpot pot (pulled out of the crockpot, of course). It ended up looking just like a bathtub! Perfect! Also, we could not find pineapple sherbet and substituted vanilla ice cream. It was very yummy and appropriately “frothy”.

• Annie replied on November 19th, 2012 at 7:23 am

Oh, that is so helpful to know about the vanilla ice cream! I could not find pineapple sherbet at any of the stores around here, and I didn’t know if vanilla would work on not, and my sister-in-law’s baby shower is tomorrow! Thanks!

37. Julie posted on August 4, 2012 at 3:28 pm (#)

I made this for my sister- in- laws baby shower and it turned out great! That you for the idea!
    I used about 9 cups of the Berry Blue Typhoon Hawaiian Punch and 3 cups of white grape juice ( a little less then half as much juice). Then I added 1 liter ginger ale and piña colada sherbet. I stirred it a little and got some foam going and then added another half liter of ginger ale and stirred a little more. I was worried that it wouldn’t look nice and “bubbley” like the picture but it worked great!!! There were LOTS of bubbles! It was so much fun to make and everybody loved it. The taste was wonderful too. I think the piña colada sherbet adds some sophistication to it. :) I will definitely add this to my collection!

1. Pingback: Wednesday Hodgepodge « Grown in Southern Ground

2. Pingback: One Dark Night in a Cabin in the Woods… |

3. Pingback: The Best Baby Shower: Well-Planned Shower Themes

4. Pingback: » A Fishing-Themed Baby Shower!

5. Pingback: Baby On Board « The Simple Things

6. Pingback: Ιδέες για ένα υπέροχο παιδικό πάρτι με σαπουνόφουσκες! « Nipio.net

7. Pingback: baby shower ideas and cakes — Busy Modern Family

8. Pingback: Sweet Boy Baby Shower | Totally Lauren Amber

9. Pingback: Rubber Ducky….this is the one… « in cher' s closet

10. Pingback: Rubber Ducky Party | Read. Write. Mom! - A Mississippi Mom Blog

11. Pingback: Carnival-Themed Party Suggestions by Matt James « Hey Rube Circus

12. Pingback: Carnival-Themed Party Suggestions by Matt James

13. Pingback: [entertaining] 5 creative baby shower themes « confessions of a wisconsin housewife