Ducky Baby Shower Punch
One of the most rewarding things about blogging, is the friendships that are formed. Some I’ve been able to meet in person, but many I have not, but it doesn’t stop us from being a huge support system for one another. We “get together” daily to chat, laugh, cry, vent, and support each other. (Skype is such an awesome tool!)
So it only makes sense that when one of us has something really huge to celebrate, we ALL want to celebrate!! No matter how many miles between us!
Today, we are throwing a SURPRISE virtual baby shower for a blogging friend.
The mom-to-be is expecting her fourth baby next week! A sweet baby boy. And we couldn’t let it pass with out celebrating in a special way!
What’s the first thing you think of when you think of a baby shower? Great food and there’s always punch! When else do you get to sip a sugary filled colorful concoction out of tiny little cups?
I’ve been dying for an excuse to make this adorable Ducky Bath Punch! The blue Kool-Aid makes it look like bath water and the sherbet mixed with the ginger ale gives it “bath bubbles”.
Ducky Baby Shower Punch Tips
UPDATE: I get emails all the time asking how to make this punch pink….but the whole point of the blue is for the water (not for boy/girl) pink water would no longer look like ducks in a bath, it would look like ducks in pink punch. I usually suggest if you really need it to look more girly, use pink ducks.…..but honestly if your shower theme is pink, and this is sitting in the middle, it will fit in just fine…blue water and all! HA
Also, not all rubber ducks will float – I bought bath tub rubber duckies from the baby department. Make sure your rubber ducks float!
Can’t find Blue Kool Aid?
**Many people are having a problem finding blue Kool-Aid. A reader used berry blue typhoon Hawaiian Punch, ginger ale, white grape juice and sherbet… and NO SUGAR! (the Hawaiian Punch is sweetened so no more sugar is needed)
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Ducky Baby Shower Punch Recipe
Summary: Adorable Ducky Bath Punch – The blue Kool-Aid makes it look like bath water and the sherbet mixed with the ginger ale gives it “bath bubbles”.
- 1 packet blue, unsweetened Kool-Aid (Look for Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade or Berry Blue flavors)
- 1 (2 liter) bottle Ginger Ale
- 1 (64 oz) bottle White Grape Juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 scoops pineapple sherbet
- 2-3 Rubber Duckies (make sure they float - bathtub toys)
- maraschino cherries (optional for garnish)
- orange slices (optional for garnish)
- Chill ginger ale and grape juice over night
- Remove sherbet from freezer about 1/2 hour before serving punch to soften
- In a large bowl, combine Kool-Aid packet, sugar and chilled juice. Stir to blend.
- Slowly add chilled ginger ale.
- Float 8 scoops of softened sherbet on top
- Add Rubber Duckies (don’t forget to wash before using)
- garnish cups with cherries and orange slices
I**f you can't find Blue KoolAid then you can replace the KoolAid and sugar with Berry Blue Typhoon Hawaiian Punch. DO NOT ADD 1 CUP of sugar if you do this! The Hawaiian Punch already has sugar in it.
1 gallon bottle Hawaiian Punch Berry Blue 1 large can of White Grape Juice 1 (2 liter ) bottle of Ginger Ale (or Sprite) Pineapple Sherbet
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera