DIY/Crafts

{Homemade} Gifts in a Jar – I’m Lovin’ It

Homemade gifts in a jar are a fun, frugal, and great holiday gift to share with just about any one. In past years I have made homemade Christmas gifts in a jar for girl friends, neighbors, teachers and family.

The possibilities are endless, and remember they are a great starter to build a gift basket.  For example,  start with a jar of cookie mix, and add a kitchen towel, pot holder, and spatula, or homemade vanilla along with  a batch of homemade cookies along with the recipe.  Or just add a pretty ribbon and tag and you have a simple, stylish gift!

I’ve gathered 16 great gift in a jar ideas for your holiday planning!

Gifts in a Jar

11.  Pumpkin Spice  @ Simple Bites

12.  Tropical Bath Tea Soak @ Flamingo Toes

13.  Quick Bread Mix @ Sunset

14.  Rosemary Mint Sugar Scrub @ Good Life {style}

15.  Chinese 5 Spice Blend @ Georgia Pellegrini

16.  Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub @ TidyMom

What a great companion to any of the gifts above!  Slip in a little note that you have pre-ordered Desserts in Jars: 50 Sweet Treats that Shine by my incredibly talented friend Shaina Olmanson …….don’t forget to grab one for your self too!

TidyMom I'm Lovin' ItI’m Lovin’……Homemade Gifts in Jars

get button code

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://Tidymom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!

Share your recipes, crafts, diy’s, photography, printables, products..anything you are loving!

If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link below.

*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

78 Responses to “{Homemade} Gifts in a Jar – I’m Lovin’ It”

1. nest of posies posted on December 1, 2011 at 8:57 pm (#

holy moly! i love anything in a jar. this post is just so fun to look through.

all those scrubs & those names…i was thinking “man it’s been awhile since i’ve had some fru fru scrub or mask treatment. i need some.

have a super weekend!
    kellie

2. Crystal posted on December 1, 2011 at 9:04 pm (#

Thanks for all the ideas and for hosting!

3. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on December 1, 2011 at 9:11 pm (#

Fun, fun, FUN! I would love to receive any one of those fabulous gifts in a jar. Have a great weekend, Cheryl!

4. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga posted on December 1, 2011 at 9:16 pm (#

these are all fabulous ideas, Cheryl!

thanks for taking the time to compile them all!

5. a spoonful of yumm posted on December 1, 2011 at 9:30 pm (#

wow !! all are great ideas :-) have a fun weekend !

6. Mercedes@Satisfy My Sweet Tooth posted on December 1, 2011 at 9:40 pm (#

What a great collection of ideas!

7. Amy @ uTryIt posted on December 1, 2011 at 9:48 pm (#

Thanks for all these great ideas. I happen to have a “gifts-in-a-jar” recipe to share with you as well. Meyer Lemon Curd with Vanilla Sugar. :) Hope you’ll like it.

8. Shannon at madiganmade posted on December 1, 2011 at 9:55 pm (#

What pretty ideas!!

Thanks for hosting, Cheryl!

9. Funkytime posted on December 1, 2011 at 10:56 pm (#

Prettyyyyy pretty! :-)

10. Paula posted on December 1, 2011 at 11:41 pm (#

This post is like one-stop Christmas shopping. So many wonderful gift ideas and the fact that they are all home-made makes them even more special. Those *hard-to-buy-for* would be all taken care of with any one of these :) Thanks for hosting another great link-up.

11. Lynn from For Love or Funny posted on December 2, 2011 at 5:34 am (#

This is perfect! Just in time for making my neighbors’ gifts for Christmas!!

12. Sarah @ Alderberry Hill posted on December 2, 2011 at 5:59 am (#

I love linking up every week, thanks for hosting!

13. Michelle posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:12 am (#

Some really great ides, might have to snag a few for some friends.

14. Jeanette posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:31 am (#

What fun ideas for the holidays – definitely getting me in the holiday spirit!

15. Amanda posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:40 am (#

I really honestly truly love checkin out your I’m Lovin It round ups. You have the BEST submissions and posts!!

16. Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:55 am (#

I definitely just bookmarked this post! Every year I make something for my girlfriends and I haven’t had an idea for this year yet. I cannot wait to get started!

17. Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} posted on December 2, 2011 at 7:16 am (#

Thank you so much for hosting another fun party, Cheryl!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

18. Kristen posted on December 2, 2011 at 7:24 am (#

I love the idea of doing a gift in jar with a note about Shaina’s book. Smart!

19. Michelle V posted on December 2, 2011 at 8:08 am (#

My favourite jar gift is thin liced lemons packed in lemon juice and kosher salt. Makes fantastic recipes using lemons/lemon juice unbelieveable!

20. jenna posted on December 2, 2011 at 8:25 am (#

cute ideas!

21. christina posted on December 2, 2011 at 8:59 am (#

Perfect! I have the jars, just need ideas to fill ‘em. Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!

22. Carolyn posted on December 2, 2011 at 11:59 am (#

I’ve got to make a few of these up…probably for myself. Shhhh…!

23. Kerridwen Niner posted on December 2, 2011 at 1:16 pm (#

What fab eye candy, really enjoyed all the inspiration :)

24. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel posted on December 2, 2011 at 2:11 pm (#

I’ve seen a bunch of those jar items from back when they were originally posted and I still love them! They’re super cute and awesome as gifts or for parties. Great roundup :)

25. Lisa [With Style and Grace] posted on December 2, 2011 at 3:10 pm (#

love all these ideas! i’m a huge fan of homemade gifts – might need to try a few of these :)

26. Julia posted on December 2, 2011 at 3:45 pm (#

I loooooove gifts in a jar, I just love things in a jar ;) Great gift idea post!

27. Debs posted on December 2, 2011 at 5:27 pm (#

These are just awesome! I have just about finished my teacher/neighbour gifts but I think there is going to be some extra’s now! :)

28. Jen at The Three Little Piglets posted on December 2, 2011 at 8:23 pm (#

I love that little sewing kit idea!!

29. Possible Baker posted on December 2, 2011 at 9:37 pm (#

Thanks for all of the amazing gifts in a jar! I am inspired. Love the I’m Lovin’ It round up this week…so many great ideas for the holidays!

Jessie @ Possible Baker

30. bridget {bake at 350} posted on December 3, 2011 at 6:43 am (#

Thanks so much, Cheryl, for including my vanilla! :)

31. HeatherChristo posted on December 3, 2011 at 9:04 am (#

Cheryl! what an adorable post! I just love it! Lots of great ideas- thanks!

32. Jamie | My Baking Addiction posted on December 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm (#

I am a sucker for anything in a jar! this round up is absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much for including my Apple Butter!

33. aida mollenkamp posted on December 4, 2011 at 10:16 pm (#

what a great round-up and so many creative ideas!

34. marla posted on December 5, 2011 at 7:31 am (#

Cheryl this list is amazing!! I need to check out each and every link. Here is one I did last year. Love those jars!

35. Delishhh posted on December 5, 2011 at 3:36 pm (#

This is one of the best lists i have seen – love it – going to try some of these!

36. Georgia Pellegrini posted on December 6, 2011 at 2:25 pm (#

Such an amazing collection! I adore gifts in jars. And thanks for including one of mine in your roundup ; )

37. Recovering Supermom posted on December 6, 2011 at 7:45 pm (#

What great ideas! I like to do soup mixes, too. I’m definitely going to try one of these.

38. celena posted on December 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm (#

I have a question on the monster cookie jars… i was noticing that there isnt any flour in the recipe . Is this a type-o
    or are they just fine w/o flour? thank you!

39. ゆかめだ posted on June 26, 2013 at 9:59 pm (#

Hello I like your wewebsite. Do you need to guest submit upabout mine someday? If that’s the case ma

40. affordable cat toys posted on July 4, 2013 at 2:40 am (#

Hey, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.

When I look at your blog site in Opera, it looks fine but when
    opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that,
    awesome blog!

41. Ashley posted on November 27, 2013 at 12:55 pm (#

They look so good I can’t wait to give them out as Christmas presents.

42. check info posted on December 2, 2013 at 6:51 pm (#

Hello to all, for the reason that I am truly keen of reading this
    website’s post to be updated on a regular basis. It consists of pleasant material.

43. mystery mom posted on December 23, 2013 at 5:34 pm (#

These recipes are great. As a mother of eight, you need some funky recipes to keep them interesting. This website is the best… It’s Awesome with a capital “A!”

44. Dragons of Atlantis Heirs Of Dragon Hack posted on January 7, 2014 at 1:15 am (#

Admiring the time and effort you put into your site and in depth information you offer.

It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same
    outdated rehashed material. Wonderful read!
    I’ve saved your site and I’m including your
    RSS feeds to my Google account.

45. https://twitter.com/WPProfitMagnet‎ posted on January 12, 2014 at 1:10 pm (#

My spouse and I stumbled over here different website and thought I may as well check things out.

I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward
    to going over your web page again.

46. aviva spray tan posted on January 16, 2014 at 6:01 pm (#

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the long run and it’s time to be happy.
    I’ve learn this put up and if I could I want to counsel you some fascinating things or advice.

Perhaps you can write subsequent articles regarding this article.
    I desire to read even more things about it!

47. télécharger virtual dj gratuit posted on March 13, 2014 at 12:25 pm (#

I appreciate, result in I found just what I was looking for.
    You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
    Bye

1. Pingback: Sparkly Red Velvet Brownie Bites

2. Pingback: Funkytime- Design Juice, not from Concentrate!

3. Pingback: Funkytime- Design Juice, not from Concentrate!

4. Pingback: Happy December 2011! (Free Christmas Desktop Background) | The Purposed Heart

5. Pingback: Healthy Holidays: Slightly Indulgent Sweet Treats (A Free Gift for You!) | The Purposed Heart

6. Pingback: Make an easy DIY Ruffle Tree Skirt!!

7. Pingback: Amazing, Easy Cracker Toffee « Blessed Roots

8. Pingback: Do It Yourself Egg Substitute | Egg Replacer like Energ

9. Pingback: Amalgams, Fillings, and Mercury Toxicity - Is Mercury Toxic?

10. Pingback: Almonds Health and Chemicals in Food | Salmonella Food

11. Pingback: Healthy Chocolate | Almond Joy Candy Recipe

12. Pingback: Giving Thanks Thanksgiving | Aspergers Asperger Syndrome

13. Pingback: Advent Calendar – Cooking for My Kids

14. Pingback: Oatmeal Toppings & Yoga Burpees

15. Pingback: Make Your Own Chocolate Stirrers — Celebrations at Home

16. Pingback: Monster Likes #43 | Mommy of a Monster & Twins

17. Pingback: Christmas Ideas | TidyMom

18. Pingback: Be calm and Carry On….20 Peace promoting strategies for Christmas

19. Pingback: Homemade Gift Ideas, Jar it Up! | SavingSmith.com

20. Pingback: Amalgams, Fillings, and Mercury Toxicity - Is Mercury Toxic?

21. Pingback: Almonds Health and Chemicals in Food | Salmonella Food

22. Pingback: Hampers for Christmas 2012 - Page 2

23. Pingback: Salted Caramel Bark

24. Pingback: Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti

25. Pingback: Monster Cookie Mix in a Jar recipe | TidyMom

26. Pingback: Homemade Gifts for Christmas Gift-Giving « Creative Souls Academy

27. Pingback: Christmas Gift Ideas for Teachers | A Listly List

28. Pingback: Dee’s Hot Chocolate Mix & 100+ Homemade Gift Ideas!

29. Pingback: Wrap it up in environmentally friendly ways! | HaltonRecycles

30. Pingback: Lessening The Stress of Christmas - Budget Friendly Gift Giving %%%% | A Little Tip of This and That

31. Pingback: 16 Variety Of Gifts In A Jar | DIY Home Things