Holiday

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Food gifts are always a favorite of mine.  These Cinnamon Honey Butter jars make a pretty presentation when you add a little bling to the jars, and pair with homemade bread,  pound cake, biscuit mix or even bagels!

I’ve made several batches already, and we wont mention how much my family has devoured!

Warning……..you may want to double or triple the recipe because everyone is going to want some!

Cinnamon Honey Butter Jars

Pin It

Cinnamon Honey Butter {Gift Jars}

Jar Supplies:

Cinnamon Honey Butter (recipe below)

3 1/2 pint canning jars

fabric

jute twine

tinsel “pipe cleaners”

“holly” ribbon

card stock paper

1″ paper punch (optional)

tiny whole punch (mine is 1/16″)

scissors

Cinnamon Honey Butter gift jar supplies

• cut 3 pieces of fabric in 5″ circles
  • remove rim and place fabric on the inner lid piece of filled mason jar then screw outer lid back on over fabric

Fabric on lids

• Using card stock and Microsoft Word, print tags

I used the font “Cheryl Hand” , size 15, center alignment and I layed it all out using the template in Word for 1.6″ circle labels. Then printed on my card stock.

• Cut out with 1″ punch (or you could cut out by hand)
  • use tiny whole punch on tag to thread twine thru

tags for gift jars

• wrap twine around lid and tie
  • wrap tinsel pipe cleaner around lid and twist ends together
  • add a small piece of “holly” ribbon to twine
  • thread tag on to twine and tie

gift jar supplies

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Yield: 3 half pint jars

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Ingredients

• 1 cup Honey
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 half pint canning jars

Instructions

1. Combine all ingredients in bowl. Using whisk attachment on mixer blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
  2. Use rubber spatula to pour mixture in to a large pastry bag (or Ziploc® bag), cut off tip and squeeze into half pint jars. (tip: place bag in tall glass for support, or have someone hold the bag while you pour)
  3. Keep refrigerated. Serve room temperature.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Cinnamon Honey Butter

Add your homemade bread or pound cake, a Christmas or vintage towel and you have a fantastic gift from the heart that took less then an hour to make from start to finish!

Cinnamon Honey Butter and pound cake

Are you making any food gifts for the holidays?

Other great food gift ideas

Christmas Tree Peppermint Bark

Fudge Wreath

Chocolate & Caramel Dipped Pretzels

Lots of Edible Gifts

Almond Joy Cookies & Chocolate Covered Grahams

Christmas Crunch

Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows

Salted Cajeta Chocolate

160 Responses to “Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar”

1. Julie posted on December 2, 2011 at 1:45 pm (#

What a fun idea!! Can’t wait for the pound cake recipe too – so much better than another boring store gift!!

2. Betsy posted on December 21, 2011 at 11:40 pm (#

I just made the butter (a quadruple batch) to give with mini banana bread loaves. It is delicious and so easy!

3. Sarah posted on April 30, 2012 at 12:22 pm (#

These look awesome..just wondering on their shelf life ( assuming that everyone doesnt eat them up in the first week?) Thanks

• TidyMom replied on April 30th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Butter has a shelf life of 3 months for unsalted butter and up to 5 months for salted butter

• Megan replied on October 20th, 2012 at 12:18 am

Is that storing in the refrigerator or in the pantry? I want to do these for my wedding favors & want to do them in advance but need to know how they should be stored

• TidyMom replied on October 20th, 2012 at 7:09 am

It’s butter, so you should store it in the refrigerator.

4. Amy Lee posted on November 8, 2012 at 7:29 pm (#

do you have to seal it like youre canning it or just put the lid on it?

• TidyMom replied on November 9th, 2012 at 8:50 am

just a lid because you’re going to be using it – not storing it

5. Amanda posted on November 28, 2012 at 2:28 am (#

Hi this may be a silly question but the powdered sugar is that icing sugar?

6. Kimee posted on December 4, 2012 at 2:27 pm (#

Could i he margarine in place of butter?

7. Kimee posted on December 4, 2012 at 2:28 pm (#

Could I use margarine I place if butter?

8. Jolene Brighten posted on December 4, 2012 at 4:11 pm (#

I love this idea. I am going to use local raw honey and organic butter to boost the health benefits this holiday season. Thanks for sharing it. And for everyone questioning using margarine, grass fed organic butter is sooo much better for you than margarine. Butter contains butyric acid which feeds the cells in your colon. Margarine often contains trans fat or hydrogenated fats which are shown to be inflammatory. Inflammation is a key player in poor heart health. Choose whipped butter if you are looking for less cholesterol and saturated fat. Remember too, it’s about moderation. You probably won’t be eating this whole jar in one sitting… although it may be tempting.

9. Sherri posted on December 6, 2012 at 11:01 am (#

Sounds great! How many jars will this make???

• TidyMom replied on December 6th, 2012 at 11:03 am

3 half pint canning jars

10. Brie posted on December 12, 2012 at 6:52 am (#

I hope you don’t mind, but I just gave you a shout out on my blog:

Those jars are beyond adorable – thanks for the idea :)

11. shelly posted on December 17, 2012 at 3:02 pm (#

Hello! So I gathered up all the stuff to make these except 2 items! Where did you find the holly ribbon and the canning jars? I have been everywhere and can’t find them!

12. shelly posted on December 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm (#

how do you set up the 1.6 circle template in word?

13. Delisa posted on December 21, 2012 at 9:07 am (#

So I made this delicious recipe last night- love it! We’ll be shipping out our Christmas packages tomorrow. My question is- after I made the cinnamon honey butter, I put it all in 1/2 pint jars and I threw them in the fridge, just seemed appropriate. So is it fine to just ship them without any ice or anything? Will they still be good when they get to their destination?

14. Sara G posted on December 22, 2012 at 6:18 pm (#

I made this today with the pound cake to deliver to friends for christmas tomorrow. I’m glad I made extra because both are ridiculously amazing. I used pure honey so it didn’t come out very smooth but it melts juat fine into warm bread. I found the jars easily too. Target has them and Hobby Lobby had them 40% off in the glass aisle.

Thanks for the recipes and the adorable decor ideas!

15. Cathi Swearingen posted on August 30, 2013 at 12:01 am (#

This recipe was great. Where can I purchase the exact jar shown with the recipe? They make the perfect gift.

16. Cheryl posted on November 14, 2013 at 10:25 am (#

What would happen if you eliminated the sugar? Thanks!

17. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie posted on November 14, 2013 at 1:43 pm (#

Who wouldn’t want to receive this??

18. Leslie Harvey posted on November 14, 2013 at 1:58 pm (#

I am totally doing this for Christmas gifts! THANK YOU for sharing! The only question I have is, the bread recipe (original one) says to form the bread into a circle. The ones you have packaged in your photo look rectangular. Did you make pound cake instead? Or, did you make your bread as loafs? THANKS! :)

• TidyMom replied on November 14th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

not sure what bread recipe you are referring to, but I have in the post “Add your homemade bread or pound cake,” – both are linked to recipes. My photos are with the pound cake

19. Ayca posted on November 14, 2013 at 2:16 pm (#

1 cup honey & 1 cup sugar!!! Oh my! Isn’t it too sweet???

20. Donna Collins posted on November 14, 2013 at 3:27 pm (#

Where did you get the roll of holly?

21. Jennifer D. posted on November 14, 2013 at 3:37 pm (#

Wow, sounds great but also super sweet. Have you tried making it without the sugar?

22. Linda @ it all started with paint posted on November 16, 2013 at 11:12 am (#

They look good enough to eat. Oh, wait, I can eat them! Thanks so much for sharing at our mason jar holiday party!

:) Linda
    It All Started With Paint & Mason Jar Crafts Love

23. Stephanie Schock posted on December 24, 2013 at 3:29 pm (#

Sounds delish! :)

24. Chris Brown posted on April 23, 2014 at 11:05 pm (#

Could you substitute coconut oil for the butter?

25. sheryl posted on November 6, 2014 at 7:11 pm (#

well, when I saw honey and cinnamon,i had high hopes of something a diabetic could eat. until I saw a cup of powdered sugar.

26. kathy posted on November 10, 2014 at 8:08 pm (#

Nice blog here! Additionally your web site rather a lot up very fast!

1. Pingback: NEW ideas for Honey Butter | Explore Newness

2. Pingback: DIY Gift Jar Round-Up | The Home Heart

3. Pingback: Cinnamon Honey Butter in the BIKM « Drizzle of Life

4. Pingback: Healthy Holiday Gift Ideas | Dr. Jolene Brighten

5. Pingback: 20 Unique Ideas For Gifts in a Jar!

6. Pingback: Christmas…and the decorations…have arrived! « Pound per Pound

7. Pingback: 15 Homemade Food Gift Ideas For Family And Friends | Aggie's Kitchen

8. Pingback: Cinnamon Honey Butter « ENTRÉE the GIANT

9. Pingback: Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe and Gift Idea - SheSaved®

10. Pingback: Last-Minute Homemade Christmas Food Gifts | Encore Life Magazine | Better Living In The Second Stage of Life

11. Pingback: Christmas Preparations « Karla M Curry

12. Pingback: Frugal Christmas Gift Ideas (Part 1)

13. Pingback: Cereal Coated Pumpkin French Toast | TidyMom

14. Pingback: 44 Creative DIY Christmas Gifts in a Jar | Dodo Burd

15. Pingback: Holiday Gifts: Food in Jars

16. Pingback: Frugal DIY Gift Ideas | frugalandthriving.com.au

17. Pingback: Top 10 Sweet Christmas Gifts in a Jar - Top Inspired

18. Pingback: 10 Delicious Gifts in a Jar! | The Big Clock Store

19. Pingback: Frugal Christmas Gift Ideas - Saving Cent by Cent

20. Pingback: Christmas gifts in a jar – thoughtful and practical - Exquisite Girl

21. Pingback: 65 Genius Gift Ideas to Make at Home | Totally Love It