Holiday

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Food gifts are always a favorite of mine.  These Cinnamon Honey Butter jars make a pretty presentation when you add a little bling to the jars, and pair with homemade bread,  pound cake, biscuit mix or even bagels!

I’ve made several batches already, and we wont mention how much my family has devoured!

Warning……..you may want to double or triple the recipe because everyone is going to want some!

Cinnamon Honey Butter Jars

Pin It

Cinnamon Honey Butter {Gift Jars}

Jar Supplies:

Cinnamon Honey Butter (recipe below)

3 1/2 pint canning jars

fabric

jute twine

tinsel “pipe cleaners”

“holly” ribbon

card stock paper

1″ paper punch (optional)

tiny whole punch (mine is 1/16″)

scissors

Cinnamon Honey Butter gift jar supplies

• cut 3 pieces of fabric in 5″ circles
  • remove rim and place fabric on the inner lid piece of filled mason jar then screw outer lid back on over fabric

Fabric on lids

• Using card stock and Microsoft Word, print tags

I used the font “Cheryl Hand” , size 15, center alignment and I layed it all out using the template in Word for 1.6″ circle labels. Then printed on my card stock.

• Cut out with 1″ punch (or you could cut out by hand)
  • use tiny whole punch on tag to thread twine thru

tags for gift jars

• wrap twine around lid and tie
  • wrap tinsel pipe cleaner around lid and twist ends together
  • add a small piece of “holly” ribbon to twine
  • thread tag on to twine and tie

gift jar supplies

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Yield: 3 half pint jars

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Ingredients

• 1 cup Honey
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 half pint canning jars

Instructions

1. Combine all ingredients in bowl. Using whisk attachment on mixer blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
  2. Use rubber spatula to pour mixture in to a large pastry bag (or Ziploc® bag), cut off tip and squeeze into half pint jars. (tip: place bag in tall glass for support, or have someone hold the bag while you pour)
  3. Keep refrigerated. Serve room temperature.

Cinnamon Honey Butter

Add your homemade bread or pound cake, a Christmas or vintage towel and you have a fantastic gift from the heart that took less then an hour to make from start to finish!

Cinnamon Honey Butter and pound cake

Are you making any food gifts for the holidays?

Other great food gift ideas

Christmas Tree Peppermint Bark

Fudge Wreath

Chocolate & Caramel Dipped Pretzels

Lots of Edible Gifts

Almond Joy Cookies & Chocolate Covered Grahams

Christmas Crunch

Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows

Salted Cajeta Chocolate

@TidyMom or scan my HR code with your camera

@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera

Yum

176 Responses to “Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar”

1. Molly posted on December 15, 2010 at 8:12 am (#)

Just found your blog through The Inspired Room and have added you to my Reader! Love this idea- it would go great with my little homemade goody baskets I make for the holidays. Now if I could just get my 34 week pregnant self motivated to get them done :)

2. Jenny posted on December 15, 2010 at 10:20 am (#)

Wow I am so glad I found this recipe and post. I have been looking for good holiday gift ideas!

3. Kristin posted on December 15, 2010 at 11:00 am (#)

I love this! I look forward to adding it to the items I bake and give as gifts and so easy, too! Thanks for sharing it.

4. alison @ adventures at home posted on December 15, 2010 at 2:57 pm (#)

I just made this and it is very yummy! I think I will make some mini loaves to go with it… No fancy packaging though… This broke mama is recycling jars from the fridge… hope I can at least make a cute label 😉 Thanks for the great idea!

5. Lisa Brown posted on December 17, 2010 at 12:00 pm (#)

Oh, Yum! Headed to the store NOW!

6. shannon posted on December 17, 2010 at 3:52 pm (#)

Great Gift idea!!! Great Post and congrats on being named Foodbuzz’s Top 9!!! That is a pretty cool honor!!!

7. Shauna posted on December 17, 2010 at 9:48 pm (#)

saw you on tatertots and jello- such cute cute wrapping! i love the decorations on the jars and the brown packagings- just too cute!! 😀

8. Lauren posted on December 17, 2010 at 10:12 pm (#)

How long is this good for after you make it?

9. marla posted on December 19, 2010 at 9:56 am (#)

What I would do to dive into a jar of this right now! I love flavored butters :) Thanks so much for including me in your Holiday party list. Wish we could all get together for real! XO

10. jennifer posted on December 20, 2010 at 1:40 pm (#)

Hi…my mama and I made this..very delicious!
    Ours started seperating…do you know what might be causing this?
    Thanks
    Jen

11. sheila @ Elements posted on December 22, 2010 at 3:22 pm (#)

What a wonderful idea!!! I’d love a gift like this!! Maybe I’ll make some tomorrow and gift it to myself as a Christmas present! :)

12. Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates posted on December 22, 2010 at 7:42 pm (#)

Yum!! Made it today and gave some as a gift with some cornbread muffins. Thanks for sharing a great and easy recipe!

13. Preppy Pink Crocodile posted on January 2, 2011 at 1:01 pm (#)

I am drooling just looking at those cute, yummy jars of goodness! What a brilliant and simple idea. Thanks a million for sharing!

KK

14. Trish @I_am_Succeeding posted on January 16, 2011 at 8:17 am (#)

I love new ideas for homemade gifts…thanks for a great post!

15. brian posted on September 15, 2011 at 5:29 pm (#)

Awesome gift idea!

16. David Carrero posted on October 17, 2011 at 3:21 pm (#)

I like spanish christmas in navidad.es

17. Jessica posted on November 2, 2011 at 5:09 pm (#)

In your photo, you’ve used ‘clover honey’ & ‘salted sweet cram butter’. Are they different from regular honey & butter? I’d love to make these because of the rave reviews!

• TidyMom replied on November 2nd, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Any pure honey and real butter is what you need.

18. Kate posted on November 8, 2011 at 6:55 am (#)

Love this! Just wanted to let you know that I’m including it in my post “Top 10 Gifts in Jars” today Feel free to stop by and grab a button or link for your page to show that you are featured! Thanks!

19. Kathryn posted on November 28, 2011 at 3:16 pm (#)

I just made a small batch of this butter… I wanted to test it before making jars as gifts and it is CRAZY delicious!! Heading out tomorrow to buy some lovely jars to make gifts for all the teachers at my sons school. Thank you for taking the time to post this amazing idea…. So simple, So tasty and (thankfully) So different from the run-of-the-mill edible treats everyone seems to give!

20. Julie posted on December 2, 2011 at 1:45 pm (#)

What a fun idea!! Can’t wait for the pound cake recipe too – so much better than another boring store gift!!

21. Betsy posted on December 21, 2011 at 11:40 pm (#)

I just made the butter (a quadruple batch) to give with mini banana bread loaves. It is delicious and so easy!

22. Sarah posted on April 30, 2012 at 12:22 pm (#)

These look awesome..just wondering on their shelf life ( assuming that everyone doesnt eat them up in the first week?) Thanks

• TidyMom replied on April 30th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Butter has a shelf life of 3 months for unsalted butter and up to 5 months for salted butter

• Megan replied on October 20th, 2012 at 12:18 am

Is that storing in the refrigerator or in the pantry? I want to do these for my wedding favors & want to do them in advance but need to know how they should be stored

• TidyMom replied on October 20th, 2012 at 7:09 am

It’s butter, so you should store it in the refrigerator.

1. Pingback: Yummy Hostess Gifts & Interview at Tidymom | The Inspired Room

2. Pingback: Marlalalala

3. Pingback: How to print blog posts with Joliprint tool and Wordpress or Blogger plug-in. — Beautiful Blog Designs

4. Pingback: MakeRoomFor

5. Pingback: Lisa Brown

6. Pingback: Tidymom

7. Pingback: CH Sugar

8. Pingback: Tidymom

9. Pingback: Mandy Gagnon

10. Pingback: Lisa

11. Pingback: Tidymom

12. Pingback: Patti Espy Portenier

13. Pingback: oh amanda

14. Pingback: Tidymom

15. Pingback: Taste of Home Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe | TidyMom

16. Pingback: Pie in a Jar Picnic Food | TidyMom

17. Pingback: Simple, Inexpensive Hostess Gifts | Make Scented Sugar | Good Life Eats

18. Pingback: Homemade Pancakes | TidyMom

19. Pingback: Honey Butter | Real Raw Honey

20. Pingback: 16 Homemade Gift Ideas in a Jar | TidyMom

21. Pingback: Cinnamon Honey Butter | Food

22. Pingback: Christmas Crafts. |

23. Pingback: Menu Mondays

24. Pingback: Cinnamon Honey Butter

25. Pingback: Homemade Gifts In A Jar

26. Pingback: How to print blog posts with Joliprint tool and Wordpress or Blogger plug-in.

27. Pingback: Delicious Edible Gift Food Present and Holiday Craft Ideas | TidyMom

28. Pingback: 22 Great Gift in a Jar Recipes & Ideas |