follow TidyMom on Pinterest

WFMW- Repurposing Jars

I bought puppy treats for Cullen but I was worried about them going stale in the box and I would forget to give them to him because they were hidden in the pantry.

Recently I have seen what a lot of other creative bloggers have been doing with their jars, so
I’ve been saving our spaghetti sauce jars.

This project was SOOOO simple.

I painted the lid black, then sealed with 2 coats of Mod Podge.

Next I put alpha stickers on the jar to spell out “dog treats”
- you could also make a really cute label and put on the jar – but I had the stickers so I just used them.

Last, I hot glued some cute ribbon on the jar and filled with puppy treats!!

How easy was THAT?

Cullen LOVES treats when we’re blogging!

Just think of all the possibilities! This is such a wonderful way to repurpose all of the jars I would normally just throw away! ~ It WORKS for Me!

Head over to We Are THAT Family for other Works For Me Wednesday tips

~ This post is being linked to Your Life, Your Blog at Real Life. Go and link up a post!

Linked to The Lettered Cottage: 2009 Thrifty Tips

post signature

If you’re new to TidyMom, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed or Email. I would also love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for visiting!
About TidyMom

Comments

1. 1

Cheryl~ That is a wonderful idea…and very stylish!
    I love Cullen…he is so adorable! Your nails look FANTASTIC by the way!!!
    Happy Wednesday!

2. 2

Cheryl~ That is a wonderful idea…and very stylish!
    I love Cullen…he is so adorable! Your nails look FANTASTIC by the way!!!
    Happy Wednesday!

3. 3

That is just adorable. I save some of my jars too and I’m thinking why didn’t I think of that?!

4. 4

5. 5

He is so cute. We need to introduce Cullen and Gracie. If you can come to my jewelry party you should bring him with you.

6. 6

7. 7
    Cathe Holden says:

That’s it. I’m making one of those to keep in my studio, then I’m going right out to get a tiny lap puppy. LOL

(I have such cute puppy envy right now!!!)

8. 8
    Cathe Holden says:

(I have such cute puppy envy right now!!!)

9. 9

great idea..and the puppy is adorable.

10. 10

great idea..and the puppy is adorable.

11. 11

This was a great idea!! I have so many other things running through my mind of what I could repurpose an old spaghetti jar for now. Thanks so much!

12. 12

13. 13
    flowerpot says:

The jar is almost as cute as your dog! Adorable!

14. 14
    flowerpot says:

The jar is almost as cute as your dog! Adorable!

15. 15
    Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam says:

Too cute and my girls are sitting here looking at your doggy saying, “oh baby.” with a little voice only girlies can do. :)
    I threw away a HUGE pickle jar last night thinking…could I do something with it? But it was a huge one. I may have made a mistake. :)

16. 16
    Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam says:

17. 17

That is too adorable. Now I want my dog to blog =)

18. 18

That is too adorable. Now I want my dog to blog =)

19. 19
    Bridget says:

Great idea! I save jars, too, but never “cute them up” like that. :) I may have to start!

20. 20
    Bridget says:

21. 21
    Melissa Miller says:

Hi Cheryl, :)
    I just found your inspiring blog over at Ft Thompson’s. It’s wonderful!

What a cute and clever idea for Cullen’s treats. He is a sweetie pie watching you blog too.

I’ll be back to visit with you often.
    You’re always welcomed at mine as well.

Have an enjoyable and blessed Easter.
    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

22. 22
    Melissa Miller says:

Hi Cheryl, :)
    I just found your inspiring blog over at Ft Thompson’s. It’s wonderful!

I’ll be back to visit with you often.
    You’re always welcomed at mine as well.

Have an enjoyable and blessed Easter.
    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

23. 23
    Cathy Cobblestone says:

The jar looks great Cheryl – and that Cullen – well he is just a CUTIE PaTOOTIE!!!! Great Idea!! Cathy

24. 24
    Cathy Cobblestone says:

25. 25
    BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) says:

That is such a CUTE idea! You could think of other variations, too. I am not that crafty/creative but I am good at “copying.” ;)

p.s. I showed my girls your adorable dog…such cute pics!

26. 26
    BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) says:

p.s. I showed my girls your adorable dog…such cute pics!

27. 27

Great idea! I am totally going to do that! In fact, I might even replace my canisters on my kitchen counter! So cute!

28. 28

29. 29

Oh man…what a cool idea. I just made spaghetti tonight and had to run in the kitchen to save the jar! Will be doing this tomorrow!! Thanks for the great idea!

30. 30

Trackbacks

1. [...] Here are some of my projects from 2009Easy Mod Podge Frame Tutorial [...]

I’d love to hear from you, leave a comment