DIY/Crafts

WFMW- Repurposing Jars

I bought puppy treats for Cullen but I was worried about them going stale in the box and I would forget to give them to him because they were hidden in the pantry.

Recently I have seen what a lot of other creative bloggers have been doing with their jars, so
I’ve been saving our spaghetti sauce jars.

This project was SOOOO simple.

I painted the lid black, then sealed with 2 coats of Mod Podge.

Next I put alpha stickers on the jar to spell out “dog treats”
- you could also make a really cute label and put on the jar – but I had the stickers so I just used them.

Last, I hot glued some cute ribbon on the jar and filled with puppy treats!!

How easy was THAT?

Cullen LOVES treats when we’re blogging!

Just think of all the possibilities! This is such a wonderful way to repurpose all of the jars I would normally just throw away! ~ It WORKS for Me!

Head over to We Are THAT Family for other Works For Me Wednesday tips

~ This post is being linked to Your Life, Your Blog at Real Life. Go and link up a post!

Linked to The Lettered Cottage: 2009 Thrifty Tips

post signature

31 Responses to “WFMW- Repurposing Jars”

1. Janene posted on April 8, 2009 at 10:03 am (#

Cheryl~ That is a wonderful idea…and very stylish!
    I love Cullen…he is so adorable! Your nails look FANTASTIC by the way!!!
    Happy Wednesday!

2. Janene posted on April 8, 2009 at 10:03 am (#

Cheryl~ That is a wonderful idea…and very stylish!
    I love Cullen…he is so adorable! Your nails look FANTASTIC by the way!!!
    Happy Wednesday!

3. Julie posted on April 8, 2009 at 10:16 am (#

That is just adorable. I save some of my jars too and I’m thinking why didn’t I think of that?!

4. Julie posted on April 8, 2009 at 10:16 am (#

5. Mandi posted on April 8, 2009 at 10:30 am (#

He is so cute. We need to introduce Cullen and Gracie. If you can come to my jewelry party you should bring him with you.

6. Mandi posted on April 8, 2009 at 10:30 am (#

7. Cathe Holden posted on April 8, 2009 at 11:14 am (#

That’s it. I’m making one of those to keep in my studio, then I’m going right out to get a tiny lap puppy. LOL

(I have such cute puppy envy right now!!!)

8. Cathe Holden posted on April 8, 2009 at 11:14 am (#

(I have such cute puppy envy right now!!!)

9. debbi posted on April 8, 2009 at 11:47 am (#

great idea..and the puppy is adorable.

10. debbi posted on April 8, 2009 at 11:47 am (#

great idea..and the puppy is adorable.

11. Rose posted on April 8, 2009 at 1:47 pm (#

This was a great idea!! I have so many other things running through my mind of what I could repurpose an old spaghetti jar for now. Thanks so much!

12. Rose posted on April 8, 2009 at 1:47 pm (#

13. flowerpot posted on April 8, 2009 at 11:45 pm (#

The jar is almost as cute as your dog! Adorable!

14. flowerpot posted on April 8, 2009 at 11:45 pm (#

The jar is almost as cute as your dog! Adorable!

15. Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam posted on April 9, 2009 at 8:55 am (#

Too cute and my girls are sitting here looking at your doggy saying, “oh baby.” with a little voice only girlies can do. :)
    I threw away a HUGE pickle jar last night thinking…could I do something with it? But it was a huge one. I may have made a mistake. :)

16. Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam posted on April 9, 2009 at 8:55 am (#

17. Marie posted on April 9, 2009 at 8:58 am (#

That is too adorable. Now I want my dog to blog =)

18. Marie posted on April 9, 2009 at 8:58 am (#

That is too adorable. Now I want my dog to blog =)

19. Bridget posted on April 9, 2009 at 6:05 pm (#

Great idea! I save jars, too, but never “cute them up” like that. :) I may have to start!

20. Bridget posted on April 9, 2009 at 6:05 pm (#

21. Melissa Miller posted on April 9, 2009 at 8:17 pm (#

Hi Cheryl, :)
    I just found your inspiring blog over at Ft Thompson’s. It’s wonderful!

What a cute and clever idea for Cullen’s treats. He is a sweetie pie watching you blog too.

I’ll be back to visit with you often.
    You’re always welcomed at mine as well.

Have an enjoyable and blessed Easter.
    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

22. Melissa Miller posted on April 9, 2009 at 8:17 pm (#

Hi Cheryl, :)
    I just found your inspiring blog over at Ft Thompson’s. It’s wonderful!

I’ll be back to visit with you often.
    You’re always welcomed at mine as well.

Have an enjoyable and blessed Easter.
    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

23. Cathy Cobblestone posted on April 9, 2009 at 10:46 pm (#

The jar looks great Cheryl – and that Cullen – well he is just a CUTIE PaTOOTIE!!!! Great Idea!! Cathy

24. Cathy Cobblestone posted on April 9, 2009 at 10:46 pm (#

25. BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) posted on April 10, 2009 at 9:13 am (#

That is such a CUTE idea! You could think of other variations, too. I am not that crafty/creative but I am good at “copying.” ;)

p.s. I showed my girls your adorable dog…such cute pics!

26. BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) posted on April 10, 2009 at 9:13 am (#

p.s. I showed my girls your adorable dog…such cute pics!

27. Sarah posted on April 19, 2009 at 12:08 pm (#

Great idea! I am totally going to do that! In fact, I might even replace my canisters on my kitchen counter! So cute!

28. Sarah posted on April 19, 2009 at 12:08 pm (#

29. MMJ posted on December 30, 2009 at 8:48 pm (#

Oh man…what a cool idea. I just made spaghetti tonight and had to run in the kitchen to save the jar! Will be doing this tomorrow!! Thanks for the great idea!

30. MMJ posted on December 30, 2009 at 8:48 pm (#