DIY/Crafts

How I’m using my new office

Office makeover

Office Decor at TidyMom.net

I promise this will be the last post on my new office space for a while!

Earlier this week I showed you how I finished painting my new office and my desks. I had fun decorating one desk with some of the goodies have have bought for the room.
Problem was, I couldn’t keep the desk like this (picture above).

I needed to actually USE the office as………get this….. an OFFICE! LOL

The Bug Man has his own pest control business, hence the nick name. So this office needs to be set up for his business needs as well as my blogging.

I still don’t have anything on the walls, but here’s how it looks with the computers moved in.
The computer on the right is ancient, but I do all of his company bookkeeping on it, with old programs that can’t be moved over to the newer computer – so some day, when I splurge on a new program, I can eliminate that old computer.

I’m also on the lookout for a small table to put my new Lexmark wireless printer on, instead of the little folding table.

office at TidyMom.net
From this angle, you can see I still need to do something with the window – I’m thinking maybe burlap drapes?! I want to paint that little birdhouse sitting on the floor – maybe red? Fill the bookcase with goodies and supplies, I’d like to add a wreath or something to the closet door.

office at TidyMom.net

Take a look inside the closet (no I didn’t bother to paint the inside of the door) – I was able to put all of my ugly office supplies, file cabinets etc inside behind closed doors!! I was SO excited they fit!!

office closet at TidyMom.net

On this blank wall, I would like to find a great hutch. Not sure what color I will paint it yet, I’d like to do something other than white. I’m going to try some red accents, but I think a red hutch might be a bit too much – maybe yellow?

I’m also going to Modge Podge all of the switch plate covers as soon as I find the perfect paper.

office windsor chair

Here are some of the goodies I have collected for the space. Most of it I have purchased at Good Will, resale shops or garage sales. This lantern was new from KMart, the little bird nest inside was from a fellow blogger Valarie.

office decor lantern scroll
The sign was new, from Jo-Ann’s

office sign

This little silver dish I picked up at GW for $1 – I thought it was perfect for paperclips! The keys and turquoise bird are from The Bug Store, in Kirkwood, MO

office silver bowl

The crown and bust are from The White Rabbit, in St. Louis, MO. You can read about my visit to The White Rabbit

office decor crown and bust at TidyMom.net
See how I made the burlap bulletin board, and you can about how I made the cheap wall art with the picture frame. The glass bottle with flowers were in clearance at Michaels.

office bulletin board at TidyMom.net

office books

Here’s a quick reminder of what my office looked like BEFOREwhen it was in the room downstairs

office before
and this is the BEFORE of the room I moved the office into

office before paint

Thanks for visiting!

If you have any suggestions, I’d LOVE to hear them!!

79 Responses to “How I’m using my new office”

1. myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com posted on September 7, 2009 at 6:50 pm (#

wow! I wish I had an office! That is great! I hope you can be very creative there.
    gail

2. myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com posted on September 7, 2009 at 6:50 pm (#

gail

3. Stephanie posted on September 8, 2009 at 10:52 am (#

oh wow! I absolutely love it!

4. Stephanie posted on September 8, 2009 at 10:52 am (#

oh wow! I absolutely love it!

5. "Dove" posted on September 9, 2009 at 11:43 pm (#

It's simply a great space. Even with the computers all moved in, you managed to make it look cute AND functional. It was great that you could hide all the office "clutter" in the closet. I'd love that birdhouse painted red, and maybe stuck on top of that tall shelf in the corner?

I think I could be very productive in a fun office space like that! :)

6. "Dove" posted on September 9, 2009 at 11:43 pm (#

I think I could be very productive in a fun office space like that! :)

7. Anonymous posted on December 11, 2009 at 11:51 am (#

What a great space … how about a roman blind in burlap on the window? As for the hutch (or maybe a bookcase?), I'd stick with white for the furniture, with perhaps a black and white paper or fabric lining the back of the shelves?

8. Anonymous posted on December 11, 2009 at 11:51 am (#

9. Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage posted on December 30, 2009 at 2:42 pm (#

It looks great! Love that color!

Dropping by from The Nester's place.

10. Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage posted on December 30, 2009 at 2:42 pm (#

It looks great! Love that color!

Dropping by from The Nester's place.

11. Jennifer Poppy posted on December 30, 2009 at 3:00 pm (#

Great inspiration as we're about to create an office space as well:)

12. Jennifer Poppy posted on December 30, 2009 at 3:00 pm (#

Great inspiration as we're about to create an office space as well:)

13. this blessed nest posted on December 30, 2009 at 4:00 pm (#

SUPER TRANSFORMATION. love the colors – too! the open shelving is so neat & "tidy". i think seperating the 2 desks made a huge impact on the space, just my opinion.
    visiting from the nester.

14. this blessed nest posted on December 30, 2009 at 4:00 pm (#

visiting from the nester.

15. Tricia Anne posted on December 30, 2009 at 5:11 pm (#

I love the look of your room!!
    Happy New Year!
    :o) Trish

16. Tricia Anne posted on December 30, 2009 at 5:11 pm (#

I love the look of your room!!
    Happy New Year!
    :o) Trish

17. The Macchio Family posted on December 31, 2009 at 12:11 pm (#

it's lovely… lovely… makes me want to work on MY office… thanks for posting! Happy New Year to you… ~ kim

18. The Macchio Family posted on December 31, 2009 at 12:11 pm (#

19. Nicole posted on January 1, 2010 at 12:36 pm (#

THANKS! I am book marking this page for inspiration.

20. Nicole posted on January 1, 2010 at 12:36 pm (#

THANKS! I am book marking this page for inspiration.

21. Becky posted on January 7, 2010 at 1:02 pm (#

BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

22. Becky posted on January 7, 2010 at 1:02 pm (#

BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

23. Sue Sparks posted on January 14, 2010 at 5:08 pm (#

Okay, now I'm inspired! :)

24. Sue Sparks posted on January 14, 2010 at 5:08 pm (#

Okay, now I'm inspired! :)

25. Theresa posted on March 17, 2010 at 7:12 pm (#

Wow! It looks great. Can you just come re-do my whole house? =p

26. Theresa posted on March 17, 2010 at 7:12 pm (#

Wow! It looks great. Can you just come re-do my whole house? =p

27. Rockstargirlz posted on August 5, 2010 at 2:04 pm (#

wow I love your office space. You have great ideas. I always have such a hard time being creative sometime.

28. Rockstargirlz posted on August 5, 2010 at 2:04 pm (#