Flank Steak Sandwiches
It’s Tuesday, and time for a recipe post. I’ve been busy moving into my new office space,and moving my mom into a new apartment, I haven’t had time to do much cooking or baking. But I did have time to whip up this family favorite!
My mom used to make Flank Steak Sandwiches with Dill Butter all the time when I was growing up. It’s now one of the most requested meals by my husband and kids!
This makes 2 loaves and is usually enough for 4-5 adults.
- 2+ pounds of Flank Steak (I have better luck with 2 steaks a little over a pound each)
- 2 loaves French Bread
- 1 stick of margarine-melted
- 2 tsp Dill Weed
- Garlic Salt
- Season your steaks with Garlic Salt on both sides
- Cut both loaves of bread lengthwise and place on cookie sheet
- Place in hot oven (I usually put it on 400) and watch it until it’s toasted
- I cook my steaks outside on the grill – 6 mins on each side. You can do them in the oven if you’d prefer
- When the steaks are finished, you are going to slice the meat thin, diagonal to the grain.
- In the picture below you can see the grain, it’s going horizontal, I use an electric knife and cut thin strips diagonal to that grain, this keeps the mead tender.
- Melt your butter and add Dill Weed and stir
- After all of the meat is sliced, place it on the toasted bread
- Then pour the melted dill butter over the meat.
- Now fold the loaves shut and slice into sandwiches. (I use the electric knife for this step too – make sure you hold the bread down tight while cutting)
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
YUMMY Flank Steak Sandwiches!!