Buckeye Peanut Butter-Fudge Cake
If you like buckeye candies you will fall in love with this combo of peanut butter and rich chocolate cake.
Do you like Chocolate? How about Peanut Butter? How about together in a CAKE?
I can’t take full credit for this cake, I adapted it from the King Arthur blog.
In all it’s glory, it’s made from scratch and is 4 layers high!
But I like easy.
Just because it’s easy, doesn’t mean this cake won’t knock your socks off!
Grab your aprons, and let’s get started
- Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 4 cups (1-lb. box) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp butter
- Mix and bake cake according to the box in 2 round cake pans. Let cool.
- Mix first 3 ingredients until well combined. Gradually add milk. It will taste as good as it sounds!
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
- Pour over the chocolate morsels.
- Stir until smooth.
- I only made 2 layers, mainly because a 4 layer cake will not fit under my cake saver. But if you’d like, you can slice your 2 layers into 4 layers.
- Top your layer(s) with peanut butter filling.
- Pour warm ganache over top of cake, spread it and encourage it to dribble over the sides!
Don’t use just any chocolate cake mix, use Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix. This is THE BEST! I promise!
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
If this cake won’t put you over the edge, I don’t know what will!!