Pumpkin Pie MilkShake with Pie Crust Straws
A creamy and delicious way to get your pumpkin pie fix. Pumpkin Pie Milkshake recipe with pie crust straws that seal the deal on this delicious fall milkshake.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
So Thanksgiving is now just a few days away! WOW……wasn’t it just summer?
Are you ready? I’m praying at this point that I don’t need to step in a grocery store again until the weekend. I’ll be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for just the four of us and my mom……you’d think less people = less stress, but not so much!
There’s one thing that just might help with all the stress……..a Pumpkin Pie Milk Shake!
Don’t worry, no pie making skills needed here. This pumpkin milkshake has all the flavors of pumpkin pie including the crust! A great way to enjoy that pie without all the work!
How to Make Pie Crust Straws
I remember as a kid, my mom, and grandma making homemade pies. The best part, in my eyes. was the flaky buttery crust.
After the pies were filled, the counter, and our faces covered in flour, we would take the scraps of pie dough, lay them on a pan, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar and toss them in the oven and a few minutes later, we had a special pie crust treat!
I wanted pie crust in the milkshake, but wasn’t quite sure how to do it without the crust becoming soggy……when I remembered the pie crust treats! That’s when I had the idea of Pie Crust straws!
Pie crust straws are super easy to make. They are really just long pie crust dippers, that look like a straw (fiy, you can not sip through them).
First, you want to roll out your pie crust on a floured surface (I used parchment paper on the counter)
Next, using a sharp knife, or pizza cutter, cut thin strips of pie crust. The taking the strips, 2 at a time, twist them together and brush with a beaten egg.
Lay the pie crust twists on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 6-7 watching closely so they don’t burn.
Pie Crust Straw Notes
- for quick and easy, Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust is GREAT!
- If you don’t feel like twisting straws you can just cut out some dough with a cookie cutter to place ontop your pumpkin pie milkshake (watch them in the oven, they may take less time).
I Recommend For Making Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes:
You can’t make Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes without a blender.
TIP: Check out my quick tip for cleaning a blender.
These were out of this world good! Dunking the pie crust straw into the pumpkin flavored ic cream was exactly what I had in mind! The only thing missing……..I forgot to top with whipped cream! Darn, guess I need to make another pumpkin milkshake soon!
How do you like to eat your pumpkin pie?
More Pumpkin Pie recipes
Like This Pumpkin Pie Milkshake recipe with Pie Crust Straws? Pin It!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon and sugar mix
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3-4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Roll out pie crust, cut into thin strips. Twist 2 strips at a time, brush with beaten egg. Place on parchment lined pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- Bake 6-7 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In blender combine pumpkin, milk, vanilla, spice and sugar until blended. Add ice cream and blend until well combined and smooth. (add more milk if too thick)
- Pour in glass, serve with pie crust straws (I crumbled some pie crust on top as well)
Would also be good with whipped cream on top!
- Pie crust straws can be made ahead of time. Store in air tight container.