Potted Chocolate Cheesecake
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What a great way to celebrate Mother’s Day, a wedding, a shower or Spring with these cleverly disguised desserts, Potted Chocolate Cheesecake. Spoon no-bake chocolate cheesecake into votive candleholders and serve with wooden “plant marker” spoons.
These may look like darling potted herbs, but these Potted Chocolate Cheesecake sprout to life when they are topped with ground cookie “dirt” and a sprig of fresh mint!
The original Martha Stewart recipe uses a very rich chocolate pudding, but I decided to use no-bake cheesecake for a little more “grown-up” dessert.
These little desserts may not be ultra-gourmet, but they are super easy, whimsical, and perfectly yummy……….they’ll make your guests smile.
And make Mom happy….. especially because she doesn’t have to cook these herself! Some of the best ideas for Mom gifts are Mother’s Day recipes. Particularly dessert (what woman doesn’t love chocolate?) prepared by the people they love.
Make Mother’s Day really special………she’ll love it even more if you clean up the kitchen afterward. 🙂
You can always fill these with chocolate mousse or chocolate pudding if cheesecake is not your thing.
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies
- mint sprigs for garnish
- Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, then stir. If necessary, microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until creamy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides. Gradually add melted chocolate, beating on low speed until blended.
- In another bowl add the heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the chocolate cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture into eight 4-ounce glasses or glass flower pot votive candle holders, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top of each. Refrigerate until set, about 1-2 hours.
- Just before serving, pulse cookies in a food processor until finely ground (or place cookies in closed plastic bag and crush using a glass or rolling pin). Top each cheesecake with ground-cookie "dirt," and garnish with a planted mint sprig. Serve chilled.
MAKE IT EASY: you could also use a JELL-O No-Bake cheesecake mix and add the melted chocolate as instructed in the recipe above.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.