DIY Christmas Reindeer Wall Mount | I’m Lovin’ It
If you haven’t noticed, deer and antlers are all the rage this year. Even if you aren’t a fan of a deer head in your everyday decor, they are perfect for holiday decorating! I found really cute wooden reindeer silhouettes at Michael’s and new with a little gold paint and glitter I could dress him up for a whimsy faux deer head mount! No electric tools required. This Christmas Reindeer Wall Mount is really easy to make, and I picked up everything I needed at Michaels.
What you’ll need:
- Wooden reindeer plaque (from Michaels)
- Unfinished wooden plaque (from Michaels)
- Paint (Green, White, Gold & Gold Glitter)
- Paintbrush (you might want one for each color paint)
- Red Pom Ball
- Foam Adhesive Circles
- Glue gun/glue
- Twine (optional for hanging)
- Paint reindeer plaque white and wood plaque green. Set aside to dry. Repeat until you have good coverage (about 3 coats)
- Paint reindeer antlers with 2 coats of gold color paint. Let dry.
- Paint antlers with one coat of gold glitter paint
- Using a glue gun, hot glue a red pom ball on to the nose of the reindeer
- place foam adhesive circles on back of reindeer plaque (I stacked them 3 on top of each other so the faux deer head would have a more 3-D effect), then stick reindeer plaque to green wooden plaque
- Staple a small piece of twine to the back to hang.
I especially love him with the other Christmas Wall Art I made – he fits right in! This was such a fun and SIMPLE craft project, something you can undertake in just minutes + drying time!
I am LOVING all things reindeer this year and even made a quick little gold and white Reindeer Word Art Printable for my gold frame. I thought some of you might enjoy it too! So I made it available for a free download.
*Please Note: All printables is for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Please do not alter the file or claim it as your own. This file is not intended for resale, nor are the printed versions of this file.
Gold Frame – Target (I don’t see it on their site any more)
White Stage Head – Target
Green Vase – Target
Floral Picks – Michaels
Gold & White Christmas Silhouette’s – made by me
Oak Roll-Top Desk – from my childhood room
I’m Lovin’…….Easy Reindeer Crafts
Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net
Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!
What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.