Choosing the right toothpaste
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m participating in The Switch & Save Challenge, trying a variety of Arm & Hammer products and sharing my experiences with you!
I know that choosing the right toothpaste can be just as important as the right toothbrush. Picking a toothpaste isn’t as easy as it used to be.
Choosing the right Toothpaste
According to Better Homes and Gardens, here is what to look for in choosing a toothpaste:
- Look for ADA seal – It has undergone independent clinical studies required by the ADA, and this seal means a toothpaste is safe and that it does what it says it will do.
- Fluoride – It strengthens teeth and reduces the incidence of cavities. —It’s not just for kids! Adults need fluoride too!
- Sensitive Teeth – If you have receding gum lines or are sensitive to cold you may benefit from pastes which contain potassium nitrate or strontium chloride. Than can help diminish the discomfort by buffering the nerve endings and shutting down pain signals.
- Whitening Agents – Most whitening formulas are abrasive, and — used regularly for long periods of time — may harm tooth enamel. If you want to use whitening toothpaste, try using it only every other time you brush, not all the time.
- Fights Gingivitis – The average person probably doesn’t need this product, but dentists say, they will recommend it to patients with early signs of gum disease.
According to Dr. Eric Spieler, D.M.D., a dentist in Philadelphia who also lectures at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, “You can brush with plain old Acme fluoride toothpaste and have gorgeous teeth. If you brush and floss, use a regular toothpaste with fluoride, and get regular dental checkups — you’ll do fine.”
Remember if you don’t want to have to breath down your family’s neck to get them to brush…..you can print this great reminder to hang in the bathroom
How do you get your family to remember to brush their teeth?
One more great reason to smile…you can save $4.00 and $2.00 on the Arm & Hammer Spinbrush and replacement heads .
A few things that I LOVE about the Spinbrush
- I love how the brushes spin and clean my teeth while I brush – I don’t get that kind of clean with a manual toothbrush.
- I love that I can buy replacement heads, no need to buy a whole new toothbrush
- I love that there are many different colors and styles available for my whole family (no need to which toothbrush is mine)
- I love how portable it is – I can just toss the Spinbrush in my suitcase and no need to worry about a charging base.
- I love the great price of just $9
- and last but not least……..the coupons!! The coupons make it so affordable you have no excuse!!
Guess What?! The great people at Arm & Hammer are providing another $25 Visa Gift Card for me to giveaway! So you can get your family brushing with all the right tools!
This giveaway has ended Congrats to #35 Kat ……..
No hoops to jump thru………….just leave a comment below telling me how you get your family to remember to brush.
Giveaway will end on July 1, 2011 at 5 pm CST. One winner with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. I will email the winner and they will have 48 hours to claim their prize. Open to US residents only.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Church & Dwight Co., Inc, the maker of ARM & HAMMER branded products, who is compensating me to try different products. Get a $4.00 coupon for ARM & HAMMER Spinbrush then head over to The Switch & Save Challenge where you can enter to win $25,000.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.