Baileys Irish Cream Cupcakes with Chocolate & Caramel Filling
Baileys Irish Cream Cupcakes are filled with a chocolate caramel ganache surprise. Taken up one more notch with a rich buttercream spiked with a dose of Bailey’s Irish Cream on top. The perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
SAVE this recipe to Pinterest!
Let’s admit it, chocolate makes you just a tiny bit happier right? I mean, most people like chocolate right? Add caramel, buttercream and a little Bailey’s Irish Cream to the mix and now we’ve got a party!
Why the need for a party? Well, I’ve grown a whole year older! Today is my birthday and I baked myself cupcakes!
IRISH CREAM CUPCAKES
Ok, to be honest, I share a birthday with a few family members on my husband’s side and I made cupcakes for all of us over the weekend. I couldn’t decide what kind of cake I wanted, so I settled on cupcakes, since they travel well, and added a little Bailey’s for a St. Patrick’s Day twist.
These Baileys Irish Cream Cupcakes have an intense chocolate flavor with just a hint of Irish Cream and caramel and have a surprise chocolate caramel center.
I doctored up a batch of my favorite Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix using Bailey’s Irish cream and milk and butter in place of the water and oil.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Any who………after the cupcakes cooled, I used a sharp knife to cut out a cone-shaped section out of the cupcake and set it aside, then filled the cupcake with chocolate caramel ganache and replace the cone-shaped cake back on the cupcake.
Next, I topped each cupcake with the fabulous Bailey’s Buttercream using a 1 M icing tip.
To garnish I placed the remaining ganache in a decorator bag and heated it for about 10 seconds in the microwave to soften, sniped the tip off the bag, and drizzled over buttercream. Then drizzled with a little caramel ice cream topping.
I got those adorable green cake plates at Costco. It’s been a few weeks, but Costco had them for $20 per box (one color, 2 sizes in each box), so I picked them up in green and white.
In case you were wondering…..I am 17,167 days old today!
I wish I could share one with you! Don’t have any Bailey’s? Trust me, you are going to want to run out and get some! These Baileys Irish Cream Cupcakes would make a great St. Patrick’s Day treat! you could replace the chocolate and caramel drizzle with green sprinkles!
Amy from Living Locurto was sweet enough to make some cute Happy Birthday cupcake flags that I printed and put on all the cupcakes before I took them to my sister-in-law’s. You can print your own FREE party Printables for Birthdays or Easter at Living Locurto!
More St. Patrick’s Day Treats:
Grasshopper Cocktails from Dine and Dish
Green Velvet Cheesecake from Recipe Girl
Irish Car Bomb Brownies from A Spicy Perspective
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from TidyMom
LIKE THIS BAILEY’S IRISH CREAM CUPCAKE RECIPE? PIN IT!
Follow Along On Social Media
If you’re looking for even more inspiration check out the fun little group I created on Facebook, I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Cupcake
- 1 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
For Chocolate-Caramel Ganache
- 10 ounces bitterweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3.5 ounces caramels (about 10-12 candies unwrapped)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For Bailey's Buttercream
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/4-1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- caramel syrup
InstructionsFor the Bailey's Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, eggs, butter, Bailey's and milk and mix on low until combined. Then mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into paper lined cupcake pans. Bake for 20 min.
- Cool completely.
- Place chopped chocolate in medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a medium sauce pan, heat whipping cream and caramels over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the caramels have melted completely.
- Pour caramel cream over chocolate and stir until melted.
- In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and vanilla for 2-4 minutes.
- Add in powder sugar, one cup at a time
- Combine Bailey's with cream in measuring cup and slowing add to sugar mixture, using more cream for a creamy consistency, use less milk for a stiff consistency.
- Using a sharp knife, cut out a cone shaped section of the cupcake and set it aside setting next to each cupcake.
- Fill Cupcake holes with ganache, and place cake back over hole.
- Top cupcakes with buttercream.
- Garnish with remaining ganache and caramel syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 52gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.