Grilled Turkey Burger with Peaches and Blueberries
Dinner made easy with grilled turkey burgers topped with Monterey Jack cheese, peaches and blueberries on a thick slice of garlic toast – ready in about 20 minutes.
You may remember, last summer I told you about my love of Butterball frozen turkey burgers. They are wonderful to have in the freezer, because they go right from the freezer to grill (or skillet) and cook in under 20 minutes. Perfect for the nights when you’re in a hurry and or have not planned anything for dinner.
When I got a little fancy and made Grilled Turkey Burger with Orange and Fig Glaze and Creamed Feta I thought I had died and gone to burger heaven. It’s still one of my all-time favorite burgers. So this year when Butterball asked if I’d like to see what else I could do with a turkey burger, I couldn’t resist. I knew it was going to be hard to top the orange and fig glaze and creamed feta, so I went another direction. Since I just love summer and ripe peaches, I wanted to try another turkey and fruit pairing. I made a Grilled Turkey Burger with Peaches and Blueberries served on a piece of garlic toast! Hold on to your hats, I know it sounds like an odd combination, but oh my word was it delicious!!
Not only were we super happy with this grilled turkey burger……you’ll be happy too, because this burger is low fat, high protein, and max on flavor.
Natural Inspirations White Turkey Burgers are 93% Lean, Gluten Free and filled with flavor. —the white meat is much lower in calories and fat and grilling the burgers makes for an added boost of flavor. The juicy sweetness of the peaches and blueberries add a whole new dimension to the burger.
And the best part…….this grilled turkey burger with peaches and blueberries comes together just as quick as simply grilling the turkey burgers, in 16 minutes. While the burgers are on the grill, you can pop the garlic bread in the oven to toast and heat up the peaches and blueberries with a little chili powder on the stove until they become juicy. Super simple, a fabulous light Turketarian summer meal. 😉
Grilled Monterey Jack Turkey Burger with Peaches and Blueberries
- Ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 small peaches, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 thick slices garlic bread, toasted
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Lightly brush both sides of FROZEN turkey burgers with olive oil and place on grill about 4-inch above heat. Grill burgers 8 minutes on one side. Turn and grill other side 7 minutes or until done and a meat thermometer inserted in center of burger registers 165°F. Add cheese; cover and cook 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet combine peaches, blueberries, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through and juices are beginning to form.
- Top each piece of garlic bread with one turkey burger and some of the peach mixture. If desired, top with mint and additional chili powder.
recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Another Turkey Burger you might enjoy:
We are Turketarians……Are YOU?
A Turketarian is someone who believes that if you aren’t eating turkey, you are missing out. Turketarians love turkey as part of a healthy lifestyle, we crave the delicious flavor of turkey, and work it into family meals whenever possible.
Be sure to visit Butterball.com for more recipe ideas, coupons and more!
Disclosure: I have a working relationship with Butterball, but as always, all views, opinions……and my family’s love of turkey are all my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support TidyMom.