Weekend Buttermilk Waffles
There’s nothing like buttermilk waffles that are perfectly crispy on the outside, light and airy inside, and full of flavor all around.
A few weeks ago I was making our favorite weekend buttermilk waffles and I realized I had never shared the recipe with you. While these buttermilk waffles are good any time of year, any day of the week – there is something extra special about enjoying them on a snowy weekend when it’s cold, the fire is going and you are in your pajamas all day. 😉
Homemade waffles are a great treat and I have no problem using a baking mix but honestly, making buttermilk waffles from scratch is just as simple, you probably even have all of the ingredients you need in your pantry.
I will say this is one of those recipes that is better if you use real buttermilk as opposed to substituting with milk and vinegar. I picked up buttermilk at the store knowing I could use it when I made Cinnamon Bread and planned on making waffles a few days as well.
These buttermilk waffles yield delightfully crisp edges, golden brown on the outside with soft, tender centers that are light as air on the inside.
THIS BUTTERMILK WAFFLES RECIPE IS SUCH A CLASSIC FAMILY BREAKFAST. LEARN HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK WAFFLES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
I’m pretty certain that this classic buttermilk waffle recipe will be your new weekend tradition.… for breakfast, lunch and my favorite, breakfast for dinner.
SEE THE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS BUTTERMILK WAFFLES RECIPE. ENJOY!
Like This Classic Buttermilk Waffles Recipe? Pin It!
More Waffle Recipes You Might Enjoy
Whole Wheat Coconut Waffles from Cookie and Kate
Overnight Yeasted Brown Butter Waffles at Our Best Bites
Liege Waffles at Chef in Training
Coconut Raspberry Waffles from Two Peas and Their Pod
Maple-Bacon Waffles from Recipe Girl
Weekend Buttermilk Waffles
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1¾ cup buttermilk, room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- In a large batter bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt, stirring until well combined. Create a depression in the center of the dry ingredients for liquids.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the vanilla, buttermilk and cooled butter. Beat until well-combined.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients depression and stir rapidly with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Preheat a waffle iron and ladle 1/2 cup of batter onto your waffle iron plate, using a wooden spoon to spread batter almost to the edges and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board