Cake in a Mug
Have you heard of it? Have you tried it? My friend Dana of Homespun Cottage gave me this “recipe”. You too can have cake in 3 minutes!
Sunshine had a friend over the other night, and we decided to give it a try! It got 2 thumbs up from both girls!! AND, the best part, they had fun making it and watching it cook!
Makes enough for 2 (or one if you really want to pig out).
- 4 tablespoons cake flour(that’s plain flour, not self-rising)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (or applesauce)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- a small splash of vanilla
- 1 coffee mug
- Add dry ingredients to greased mug, and mix well
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil(or applesauce) and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and vanilla, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed! **we used large mugs, so this didn’t happen
- Allow to cool a little. Either eat from the mug, or tip out onto a plate.
We topped ours with some chocolate syrup and a scoop of ice cream! YUMMMMMM! Sure does cure the chocolate fix!