Peppermint Surprise Crinkle Cookies
Super soft chocolate cookies hold a peppermint surprise in the center in these Peppermint Surprise Crinkle Cookies.
Ever since we made Hot Fudge Filled Lava Cookies we’ve been dreaming up all sorts of things to stuff inside a chocolate crinkle cookie!
You might want to watch my Hot Fudge Filled Chocolate Lava Cookies video, the steps for filling the cookies are similar
If you haven’t noticed, I also have a huge love for all things peppermint. I start sneaking home bags of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses as soon as they hit the shelves around the holidays! I love the little crunchy candy cane pieces inside the creamy white chocolate. While writing up our list of Christmas cookies we wanted to make this year, Allison said she wanted to make Peppermint Surprise Crinkle Cookies using our beloved Candy Cane Kisses.
It seems like everywhere you turn you can find the classic “hershey kiss topped cookie”. While those are a never fail crowd pleaser, sometimes you need to shake things up. The surprise hershey kiss stuffed inside here do just that. They are sure to put a smile on the faces of anyone lucky enough to try these decadent peppermint surprise crinkle cookies. Not to mention, if you’re in the mood for the “straight out of the oven” taste, a few seconds in the microwave transforms the kiss into a melted creamy filling. Who doesn’t love a cookie that can wear two hats?! I know I do!
Making Christmas holiday cookies, can be stressful, but it’s always my favorite thing to do around the holidays. As my daughters have gotten older, it’s not so often we get to spend long amounts of uninterrupted quality time together. Baking christmas cookies is the best way to get us to all put down the phones and gather in the kitchen.
These chocolate crinkle cookies were perfect for allowing us all to contribute. By the time the third cookie sheet when in the oven (we made a double batch) we had it down to a science. I scoop, Allison adds the kiss, and Heather rolls them in sugar. It was the perfect assembly line accompanied by plenty of laughter and maybe…. just a few bites of cookie dough…..You have to make sure its good before you go through the trouble of baking, right? ;). All in all, these peppermint surprise crinkle cookies are a sure fire way to bring family and friends together for the holidays, from the kitchen to the party.
RELATED: COOKIE BAKING SECRETS
I think we have a new favorite cookie!! What’s your family’s favorite cookie?
Peppermint Surprise Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 1/4 cup for rolling
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 32 candy cane Hershey's Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.Line cookie pan with parchment paper or silicone liners and set aside.
- Using the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder and baking soda and mix well. Add flour and mix on medium low just until combined (batter will be thick).
- Divide dough into 36 one-inch balls that are roughly same size (a small cookie scoop works well for this). Place a cookie dough ball in the palm of your hand and flatten it out like a thick disc . Place a kiss in the center of the disk and wrap the dough around it, rolling it into a ball to seal it.
- Place 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Roll the cookie ball in sugar and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing it out on the cookie sheets. we used a half sheet pan and were able to get 16 cookies on one pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are set and start to slightly crack on top slightly. Let cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Like this Peppermint Surprise Crinkle Cookie? Pin It!