#DairyBreakfastClub Linky Party & $250 Giveaway! Share your recipes
Are you ready?!!!!!!!!
Today is the day. The day we celebrate breakfast ! It’s time to grab those aprons and share your favorite breakfast recipe that includes dairy. Link up at the end of this post (or share in the comments) and you will be entered to win a $250 Amazon gift code. (details below)
Why are we celebrating a dairy breakfast? Because the California Milk Advisory Board and I have teamed up to talk about the importance of a nutritious breakfast, that includes dairy. We want to remind you that, not only is the calcium in dairy important for growing strong bones, but it’s also packed full of protein.
Have you seen their commercials? They were the inspiration for our partnership. They show how California dairy can be a part of everyday family life, like breakfast. Go check them out here – my favorite is the California cow singing in the shower while the family enjoys breakfast downstairs! lol
Last week I flew to Orlando to visit the Daily Buzz TV and talk about this very issue and share the recipe for my Southwest Baked Egg Cups with California cottage cheese and other varieties of California cheese. Check it out!
Nutritious Breakfast includes Dairy
Adding dairy to your breakfast, can help you from becoming hungry before your next meal. Kids who eat a nutritious breakfast may learn better and even do better in school, because they are less likely to have hunger pains, such as -being tired, getting headaches or even become cranky.
The first step to making sure your kids eat a nutritious breakfast, is to set a good example, by making healthy food choices . Make sure YOU are eating breakfast. Keep simple grab-and -go foods on hand such as California cottage cheese and yogurt cups, string cheeses and fruit. You can even make a breakfast casserole, such has Southwest Baked Egg Cups or Creme Brulee Baked Oatmeal the night before. Store in the fridge, and simply heat in the microwave the next morning.
Mornings can be a crazy time in any household, whether you have little ones to help get out the door, or not. Ease the morning scramble by getting everything ready the night before, such as: back packs, signed permission slips, lunches, even car keys and cell phones. Have them all gathered and in a designated spot, either by the front door or on a table. That way you avoid that morning panic when you can’t find a jacket or homework paper that is due.
UPDATE: Giveaway has ended. Thanks to everyone who participated!
Congrats to the winner! Comment #45
Since breakfast is an important part of starting your day off right, we have asked TidyMom readers to share their favorite breakfast recipes that include dairy, for a chance to win a $250 Amazon gift code!!
CONTEST HAS ENDED
1. Write and post a breakfast recipe that includes dairy, on your blog*. (you can link an old post…just PLEASE be sure to link back AND follow #2 below) *if you don’t have a blog, see #4
2. Include “Come join #DairyBreakfastClub recipe party at TidyMom along with The California Milk Advisory Board and RealCaliforniaMilk.com ” in your blog post. (you MUST include this in you blog post to be eligible for prize)
3. Starting today, March 18th thru March 25th add your link to your breakfast recipe post to the widget (below) and LEAVE A COMMENT on this POST letting me know you linked up. (you can add up to 2 recipes)
4. Don’t have a blog? no problem…..leave your breakfast recipe, that includes dairy (it must be a recipe, not just something like fruit + yogurt) in the comments on this post during The Dairy Breakfast Club recipe party (March 18-25 , 2012) **recipes sent via email will not count as an entry
5. We’d love your help spreading the word about the Dairy Breakfast Club through social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram using the hashtag #DairyBreakfastClub ( Share a link with info about this party on any of your social media outlets. Return to this post and leave a comment letting me know where it was shared. Each place you share it and comment will grant you an additional entry. )
- Sample Tweet: Join @TidyMom & @RealCalifMilk for the #DairyBreakfastClub party Share #recipes & #WIN $250 at http://bit.ly/dairyrecipes 3/18-25
- Instagram photos of your breakfast using the hashtag #DairyBreakfastClub
6. Button for your sidebar or post – if you would like a button for your sidebar or post, copy the code here
***BE SURE TO LEAVE A COMMENT FOR EACH RECIPE YOU LINK UP (up to 2) and a separate comment for each social media share – your comments are your entries!
if you have any questions, feel free to email me
Official Rules: No purchase necessary. Must be over 18. Giveaway will end on March 25, 2013 at 11:59 pm CST. One winner with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to claim their prize or another winner will be selected. TidyMom is not responsible for lost or undelivered emails. Prize: $250 Amazon gift code.
Disclaimer: I’m excited to have a working partnership with the California Milk Advisory Board to talk about the importance of eating a nutritious breakfast complete with dairy and how to ease morning routines for moms. All opinions and views are all my own.