Recipes

Apple Pomegranate Spritzers for a Virtual Baby Shower

Apple Pomegranate Spritzers at TidyMom

Pin It

As much as I’m looking forward to fall and it’s cool crisp weather, I’m still grasping at summer just a bit.  Apple Pomegranate Spritzers were the perfect way to toast the end of summer and a new baby, for my friend Jen!

Almost 25 years ago we welcomed our first baby into our family, a beautiful little girl.  We wanted a girl first and she was perfect.  So perfect in fact, we waited 8-1/2 years before we decided to have another, lol. It all seems SO long ago now, but I remember singing camp songs during bath time, watching every Disney Movie made a dozen times…… in one day, and how my heart melted every time I heard “love you mommy” with a big hug.

Today we are celebrating as our sweet friend Jen from My Kitchen Addiction, and her husband are about to welcome their first bundle of joy, a baby girl to their lives.  I toast the two of you with this non-alcoholic drink and wish you the very best in your journey thru parenthood. Your lives will never be the same again, you will wonder how you ever breathed with out this little one in your arms!

I brought Apple Pomegranate Spritzers to the party table today. Aren’t they pretty?!

This drink will not disappointed.  It’s fizzy, fruity and full of antioxidants (hello pomegranate!) and non-alcoholic.   You could swap out the lemon-lime soda for white wine if you’d prefer a boozy version, say for a bridle shower, or after a day of answering “Why” twenty times.

Simple, refreshing and a perfect good bye to summer and hello to the upcoming holidays!

Several bloggers have joined together for a surprise virtual baby shower for Jen. Celebrate with us! Check out the list of participants below the recipe! Take a few minutes to click around and visit the great blogs participating!

Apple Pomegranate Spritzers

Apple Pomegranate Spritzers

This liquor-less libation is simple, refreshing and a perfect good bye to summer and hello to the upcoming holidays!

Ingredients

• 6 cups sparkling water, chilled
  • 3 cups apple juice, chilled
  • 3 cups pomegranate juice, chilled
  • 3 cups lemon-lime flavored soda, chilled
  • apple and orange slices to garnish

Instructions

1. In a large pitcher, combine water, juices and soda, stir to combine. Garnish with fruit slices.
  2. Serve immediately over ice.

© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

“Like this recipe? Add it to your personal recipe box to make later or add the ingredients to your online shopping list to make it this week. Just click the Save Recipe button to get started.”

Virtual Baby Shower for Jen my Kitchen Addiction

A big thanks to Amber and Tracy for getting us all together to celebrate Jen’s much awaited little addition!

Bluebonnets & Brownies | Raspberry Lemon Fruit Dip

Tracey’s Culinary Adventures | Caramelized Onion, Gruyere and Bacon Spread

What Megan’s Making | Apple Spice Muffins

Cookin’ Canuck | Gorgonzola Cheese Cups with Pear & Hazelnut Salad

Bellalimento | Frozen Berry Shortcake

Shugary Sweets | Caramel Apple Truffles

GoodLife Eats | Coconut Lemon Banana Bread

42 Responses to “Apple Pomegranate Spritzers for a Virtual Baby Shower”

1. Aimee @ Simple Bites posted on September 20, 2012 at 7:19 am (#

These are SO lovely, Cheryl! I think I might even bypass the tea that I wrote about. :)

2. DessertForTwo posted on September 20, 2012 at 7:59 am (#

Yum! I could drink this all day :)

3. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted on September 20, 2012 at 8:51 am (#

Those look incredible Cheryl! Great idea!

4. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction posted on September 20, 2012 at 8:56 am (#

Thank you so much, Cheryl! Your post is so sweet, and I’m so lucky to have such great friends. I am so surprised by all of the baby shower posts that I’m still kind of speechless.

And, I cannot tell you how excited I am for a non-alcoholic cocktail! This sounds absolutely amazing… I can’t wait to try it! Everyone else has been getting all of the good drinks all summer, so I am claiming this one as mine and making it ASAP! Delish!

5. Paula posted on September 20, 2012 at 9:14 am (#

What a perfect cocktail for this wonderful Fall shower for Jen!

6. Ali | Gimme Some Oven posted on September 20, 2012 at 9:19 am (#

WOW. Cheryl, these look amazing!!! What incredible photos. I would gladly try one of these in a heartbeat! :)

7. icakepops posted on September 20, 2012 at 9:22 am (#

What a refreshing spritzer! And a fun way to celebrate 10 tiny fingers & 10 tiny toes!

8. Carolyn posted on September 20, 2012 at 9:36 am (#

So lovely and refreshing…and a nice little mocktail for a pregnant mama!

9. Carlas Confections posted on September 20, 2012 at 10:40 am (#

Oh yes, these do look so good and a way to make summer linger just a little bit longer! They look great :)

10. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted on September 20, 2012 at 10:53 am (#

What a lovely and refreshing beverage! And good luck to Jen,! :)

11. nest of posies posted on September 20, 2012 at 10:53 am (#

these are gorgeous! they sounds amazing.

12. Colette @ JFF! posted on September 20, 2012 at 11:30 am (#

What a sweet idea! I know what you mean about your heart melting. My knees go wobbly every time Daisy gives me a gentle kiss on my cheek!

13. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts posted on September 20, 2012 at 12:28 pm (#

I love anything with Pomegranate in it. This is such a pretty color, and sounds amazing!! What a great drink to share for a baby shower.

14. bridget {bake at 350} posted on September 20, 2012 at 1:29 pm (#

Cheryl! These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Totally saving this recipe for non-boozy…and boozy occasions!

15. Paula - bell'alimento posted on September 20, 2012 at 2:04 pm (#

Fruity & Fizzy is right up my alley! Beautiful!

16. Chrissy Sparks (Brush Dance) posted on September 20, 2012 at 2:32 pm (#

These look so beautiful & delicious! I love what you said about having a “boozy” version “after a day of answering “Why?” twenty times”… lovely photos, too! Thanks for sharing!

17. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies posted on September 20, 2012 at 3:41 pm (#

Pomegranate and apples–so perfect for fall! I love this. :)

18. Kiran @ KiranTarun.com posted on September 20, 2012 at 4:26 pm (#

Delicious mocktails for a mama-to-be! Love the color :)

19. Lisa | With Style and Grace posted on September 20, 2012 at 7:21 pm (#

This sound sooo good!! I’m all about the virgin spritzers these days :)

20. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on September 20, 2012 at 7:26 pm (#

They are indeed pretty, here’s to Jen and her growing family!

21. marla posted on September 20, 2012 at 7:59 pm (#

Such a beautiful drink for Jen and her shower. Congrats to her!

22. Tickled Red posted on September 21, 2012 at 10:10 am (#

Aw, reading everyone’s post for Jen’s baby shower has me nostalgic for soft baby skin and pink one day…way down the road {as a Grammy} ;D Love the spritzer!

23. ThinkingWords posted on September 22, 2012 at 6:42 pm (#

Yummy! I’ll have to try these … and luckily my dear friend is pregnant so this will be perfect!!!

24. Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen posted on September 22, 2012 at 11:19 pm (#

Yay! Congratulations to Jen! Everything looks so delicious! :)

25. New Centerpiece Ideas posted on September 23, 2012 at 6:49 am (#

My gosh, so fresh and colorful. Just want to taste it!

26. Tracy posted on September 23, 2012 at 1:00 pm (#

These are just beautiful Cheryl, and perfect for a fall shower! Thank you for bringing them along – they look so very refreshing!!

27. Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies posted on September 23, 2012 at 8:47 pm (#

Cheryl, will you come over and make these for me? I could use the antioxidants and refreshing bubbles on my sore throat! (I’ve brought back some sort of bug from Vermont.) These drinks are just what I need. Thank you so much for joining us in the virtual shower!

28. Amanda posted on September 24, 2012 at 11:00 am (#

Love this pink drink!!

29. HeatherChristo posted on September 24, 2012 at 11:40 am (#

These look beautiful and sound delicious!

30. Maria posted on September 24, 2012 at 11:45 am (#

Such a pretty drink!

31. Jamie | My Baking Addiction posted on September 25, 2012 at 3:03 pm (#

Beautiful photos, Cheryl. This is definitely the perfect drink for a baby shower.

1. Pingback: Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad - A Thought For Food

2. Pingback: Raspberry Lemon Fruit Dip | Bluebonnets & Brownies

3. Pingback: Guacamole with Pistachios | Healthy Green Kitchen

4. Pingback: Coconut Lemon Banana Bread | Banana Bread with Coconut | Good Life Eats

5. Pingback: Roasted Red Pepper and Caramelized Onion Dip | stetted

6. Pingback: Caramel Apple Cookie Cups | Dessert For Two

7. Pingback: gimme some oven » Blog Archive Creamy Caramel Apple Dippers | gimme some oven

8. Pingback: Sweet Potato Cake with Honey Buttercream and A Baby Shower for Jen | Sugarcrafter

9. Pingback: Homemade Pear Italian Soda Syrup with Cardamom Cream | Food for My Family

10. Pingback: Friday Favorites – Surprise Baby Shower | my kitchen addiction