Home and Garden

8 Smart Organizing Tips for the Kitchen

What makes a great kitchen is how you organize it. Learn 8 smart organizing tips to help you get your kitchen organized in no time!

8 smart tips for organizing kitchen

pinterest-image

If you’re anything like me, once the holiday decorations come down you’re ready to start getting your house a little more organized.

The kitchen is the first place I need to start!

Here are 8 smart tips to help you organize your kitchen!

Kitchen Organization

I can’t believe I never thought to put these organizing tools to use in my refrigerator.

Fridge Organization

source : Martha Stewart

I love this idea! Use tension curtain rods to create dividers. Buy rods to fit the space, and position pairs of them at intervals. Great for storing platters, cookie sheets and cutting boards

tension rod pantry dividers

source: Martha Stewart

Use vinyl to place a measurement conversion chart right inside your cabinet door.

Measurement-Conversion-Chart

source: Infarrantly Creative

I don’t have much cabinet space, so I use a wall mounted pot rack to hang my pots over my stove.

Pot rack

purchase wall mounted pot rack

I already use hooks inside my cabinet doors for dish rags to dry, but I love the idea of adding buckets to doors for sponges and tools too!

add buckets and hooks

source: Tatertots & Jello

Make a chalkboard for the kitchen to keep track groceries needed, menus and to-do lists.

make a chalkboard

source: She Wears Many Hats

Use jars, containers, and baskets to keep pantry items organized.  Use labels to make sure everyone knows what goes where.

kitchen pantry jars and labels

source: House of Smiths

Make better use of the space under your sink.  Hang spray bottles from a tension rod for easy access.

undersink spray bottles

source:  A Thousand Words

You May also enjoy:

Spring Cleaning the Kitchen

How to clean your dishwasher

A great kitchen is an organized kitchen

I’d love to hear more kitchen organizing ideas in the comments!  Or share pictures of your kitchen organization on the TidyMom Facebook Page!

@TidyMom or scan my HR code with your camera

@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera

Yum

146 Responses to “8 Smart Organizing Tips for the Kitchen”

1. Chrysta posted on March 5, 2012 at 8:28 pm (#)

That conversion chart is genius! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stood there staring at the ceiling while I do conversions in my head and hope that they are correct (most of the time I get lucky)! Such a super idea, I’ll be working on that before springtime!

2. Lisa welch posted on March 6, 2012 at 11:20 am (#)

Love love love each and every one of these ideas. I did the tension rod one under the sink for spray bottles….. The weight of the bottles bends the rod!!!! What am I doing wrong??

3. Sarah C posted on March 6, 2012 at 4:37 pm (#)

Love it!

4. Toni posted on March 20, 2012 at 9:48 pm (#)

I love the idea of the tension rods and could use them in a hundred ways. Do you know where I could find them? Found you via Stumble upon.

• PAT replied on April 5th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Tension rods can be found at walmart.

• Cassandra replied on May 8th, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Also, I don’t know if you have an “Anna’s Linnens” near you, but household items/housewares are really inexpensive there. :)

5. NoWickCandle posted on March 29, 2012 at 4:30 pm (#)

I just made a chalkboard for my kitchen, I love it!!!

6. Maggie @ Snag A Bargain posted on April 5, 2012 at 3:15 pm (#)

I saw this on the Rite Aid facebook page. I just love the tension rod for spary bottles idea. This is so awesome!

7. Rebecca posted on April 7, 2012 at 9:27 am (#)

I love you! I love these ‘dug why didn’t I think of that’s ideas. My kitchen is going to look faaaaabulous!

8. Teddybear posted on April 16, 2012 at 4:26 pm (#)

Great idea re using a rod in the under the sink cupboard, ours is a right mess! Wish i was as organized as you!

9. CindysIdeas posted on April 26, 2012 at 11:10 am (#)

I love all your ideas! The use of the tension rods is a fantastic idea. Your panty and kitchen looks so great and everything looks so organized.

10. Maricris of Zensible Mama posted on May 29, 2012 at 11:22 am (#)

Ooh these are great ideas! I specially liked the idea of the under the sink organization. Thank you for sharing.

11. Vedette posted on June 6, 2012 at 11:25 am (#)

The last one I want to try. What a coincidence, just 2 weeks ago, my kids told me to put a chalkboard on the kitchen so they could put things that they want to eat there. And I find it very convenient too because I can just write down things that are needed at home.

12. Candlelight Obsession posted on June 7, 2012 at 2:04 pm (#)

Wow! Fantastic ideas and it looks so organized.

13. Tanya posted on June 12, 2012 at 7:04 am (#)

Found you on stumble upon. Love the pictures. It’s inspiring me to organize!!

14. Tracy W. posted on July 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm (#)

I love the gray and white pattern inside of the pantry. Did you stencil that on or is it some kind of wall paper? Thanks!

15. Carolyn Timmerman posted on September 3, 2012 at 8:45 am (#)

Really good ideas, thank you. I wouldn’t hang pots over the stove top though, they’ll get dirty fast from whatever is cooking, they could warp from the heat, & if the handles are covered in wood or a polymer, they could split.

• TidyMom replied on September 3rd, 2012 at 9:15 am

Thanks for stopping by!
      Mine have been hanging there for over 10 years – they don’t get dirty because I use them often and I’ve had no problems with warping or splitting

16. Julia posted on December 3, 2012 at 12:36 pm (#)

I’m pretty sure I’ll be using all of these… I just moved and haven’t the slightest clue how to start organizing my kitchen. I mean sure, I guess the pots should go near the stove… and the silverware should all be in the same drawer, but other than that, I am in serious need of some creative ideas. Glad you posted this!

17. Taria Lorehand posted on December 17, 2012 at 2:29 am (#)

the tension rod inside the cabinet under the sink works good if you are using light weight bottles, bit as soon as I put the heavy ones on the whole thing comes crashing down. any suggestions on how to fix this without having to add another tension rod?

18. Cincinnatibankruptcyattorney.org posted on June 21, 2013 at 7:30 am (#)

Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking the time and actual effort to
    make a really good article… but what can I say… I
    procrastinate a lot and don’t manage to get nearly anything done.

19. http://houstonimmigrationlawyer.org/ posted on June 21, 2013 at 10:05 am (#)

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it
    or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a
    little bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog.
    An excellent read. I will definitely be back.

20. Jen @ West Street Story posted on September 2, 2013 at 7:43 am (#)

I found this post via StumbleUpon….awesome! You have gained a new follower :) Would love to have you visit me over on West Street Story!

21. tiffany267 posted on September 2, 2013 at 8:47 am (#)

I love the tension rod especially. Thanks for sharing your ideas with the world!

22. michael posted on September 26, 2013 at 6:17 pm (#)

great ideas! Never thought about using the rod under the cabinet to use some of that wasted space to hang bottles! I like how you are storing the cutting boards.

I make alot of cutting boards in my shop

I like your site, great pictures, and ideas and great information!
    Michael

23. Tara Bricco posted on February 4, 2014 at 9:19 am (#)

Ran into this on Facebook & have now shared on Pinterest. What great, great ideas! I’m excited to implement the tension rod ideas as quickly as possible. Thanks!

1. Pingback: This Week’s Favorites

2. Pingback: Things I Love Tuesdays

3. Pingback: Desserts | Pearltrees

4. Pingback: Stumbling Along « Socks for Mum

5. Pingback: Organize | Pearltrees

6. Pingback: DIY – Organize Your Kitchen | Brock Design Group

7. Pingback: Tips for Organizing your San Antonio Apartment Kitchen | Costa Bella

8. Pingback: Pinterest Fab 4: Home organization - The Finishing Touch

9. Pingback: Cleaning Your Kitchen Made Easy | 2222 Smith Street

10. Pingback: Get Your Kitchen Organized in Harrisburg | Pennsylvania Place

11. Pingback: Organizing Tips for the Home | TidyMom

12. Pingback: Готовим без стресса: Организуем кухонное пространство « Кулинарные фантазии на каждый день

13. Pingback: 5 DIY Kitchen Organization Ideas | Sortrature

14. Pingback: 5 Easy Ways to Get Organized at Home | Lakeside Collection Blog

15. Pingback: 7 Great Home Organization Sites to Check Out | The Storage Blog

16. Pingback: Top 58 Most Creative Home-Organizing Ideas and DIY Projects - DIY & Crafts

17. Pingback: Top Five Pins of the Week | Mommy Makeover Network

18. Pingback: Creative Organization Tips for the Kitchen - River Oaks Apartments

19. Pingback: Marquis Shoreline Apartments - Austin, TX - Simple Kitchen Organization Tips

20. Pingback: Bay Street Apartments by Windsor - Emeryville, CA - Simple Kitchen Organization Tips

21. Pingback: Town Center Apartments - Lafayette, CA - Simple Kitchen Organization Tips

22. Pingback: Refresh Your Home Tip #2-- Re-Organize & Deep Clean Your Kitchen | English Traditions Blog

23. Pingback: The Augusta Apartments - Houston, TX - Simple Kitchen Organization Tips

24. Pingback: Communities of Willowick Park - Houston, TX - Simple Kitchen Organization Tips

25. Pingback: Windsor at Siena Apartments - Houston, TX - Simple Kitchen Organization Tips

26. Pingback: Forum Real Estate Group - Glendale, CO - Simple Kitchen Organization Tips

27. Pingback: Elan East Apartments - Austin, TX - Simple Kitchen Organization Tips