Home and Garden

8 Smart Organizing Tips for the Kitchen

What makes a great kitchen is how you organize it. Learn 8 smart organizing tips to help you get your kitchen organized in no time!

8 smart tips for organizing kitchen

pinterest-image

If you’re anything like me, once the holiday decorations come down you’re ready to start getting your house a little more organized.

The kitchen is the first place I need to start!

Here are 8 smart tips to help you organize your kitchen!

Kitchen Organization

I can’t believe I never thought to put these organizing tools to use in my refrigerator.

Fridge Organization

source : Martha Stewart

I love this idea! Use tension curtain rods to create dividers. Buy rods to fit the space, and position pairs of them at intervals. Great for storing platters, cookie sheets and cutting boards

tension rod pantry dividers

source: Martha Stewart

Use vinyl to place a measurement conversion chart right inside your cabinet door.

Measurement-Conversion-Chart

source: Infarrantly Creative

I don’t have much cabinet space, so I use a wall mounted pot rack to hang my pots over my stove.

Pot rack

purchase wall mounted pot rack

I already use hooks inside my cabinet doors for dish rags to dry, but I love the idea of adding buckets to doors for sponges and tools too!

add buckets and hooks

source: Tatertots & Jello

Make a chalkboard for the kitchen to keep track groceries needed, menus and to-do lists.

make a chalkboard

source: She Wears Many Hats

Use jars, containers, and baskets to keep pantry items organized.  Use labels to make sure everyone knows what goes where.

kitchen pantry jars and labels

source: House of Smiths

Make better use of the space under your sink.  Hang spray bottles from a tension rod for easy access.

undersink spray bottles

source:  A Thousand Words

You May also enjoy:

Spring Cleaning the Kitchen

How to clean your dishwasher

A great kitchen is an organized kitchen

I’d love to hear more kitchen organizing ideas in the comments!  Or share pictures of your kitchen organization on the TidyMom Facebook Page!

@TidyMom or scan my HR code with your camera

@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera

Yum

146 Responses to “8 Smart Organizing Tips for the Kitchen”

1. earning money by internet posted on February 28, 2014 at 10:43 pm (#)

So, you will either need to buy a domain or create a simple website to send your traffic to.
    Become A Blogger – Use this as an opportunity to write about what you enjoy.
    Usually, the list owner (that would be you), will offer a
    premium for subscribing.

2. semillas de marihuana chile concepcion posted on March 14, 2014 at 1:43 pm (#)

todo el tiempo i utiliza para leewr máspequeñas mensajes que también así borrar
    su motivo , y que también está sucediendo con este artículo Poste que estoy leyendo aquí en este lugar .

3. how to play keyboard online posted on March 18, 2014 at 1:11 am (#)

Hello to all, the contents existing at this website are really awesome for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

4. jual parfum posted on March 21, 2014 at 3:25 am (#)

Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.

When I look at your website in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in
    Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, fantastic blog!

5. League of Angels Cheat posted on March 27, 2014 at 2:38 pm (#)

Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites?
    I have a blog based upon on the same ideas you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my subscribers would value your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to
    send me an e-mail.

6. pillowtop mattresses newport news posted on March 27, 2014 at 2:43 pm (#)

Most individuals prepare for cost of moving expenses such
    as boxes and tape. However, you have to take the time to do it right and follow the proper steps for this dream to become a reality.
    Using furniture colors such as black or red in a light
    color themed room not only adds a bold feeling to the theme, it also gives it
    a modern look.

7. Laurie posted on March 27, 2014 at 11:17 pm (#)

It’s very trouble-free to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this
    article at this web page.

8. comment gagner de l'argent posted on March 27, 2014 at 11:19 pm (#)

I read this piece of writing fully about the
    comparison of most up-to-date and previous technologies, it’s amazing
    article.

9. Spiritual Quotes posted on March 30, 2014 at 8:38 am (#)

I was curious if you ever considered changing the structure of your site?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could
    connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for
    only having one or 2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?

10. aceves goleta county posted on April 15, 2014 at 11:12 am (#)

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was great. I don’t know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

11. electronic cigs uk posted on April 17, 2014 at 10:38 am (#)

Hello There. I discovered your weblog the usage of msn.
    This is an extremely neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return
    to read more of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I will
    certainly return.

12. telecharger mod installer gta 5 gratuit posted on April 18, 2014 at 4:03 pm (#)

Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I
    guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the
    whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for rookie
    blog writers? I’d really appreciate it.

13. AAA Appliance Repair Service posted on May 1, 2014 at 11:12 am (#)

It’s amazing designed for me to have a website, which
    is valuable for my knowledge. thanks admin

14. Sally K. posted on July 31, 2014 at 1:35 am (#)

Tge way you hung those sray bottles under the kitchen sink is brilliant. I’m going to give that a try!

15. mad sad posted on November 26, 2014 at 3:06 am (#)

interesting tips

16. Gabrielle posted on December 2, 2014 at 4:03 am (#)

I love all of these ideas! I don’t have a lot of space in the kitchen so, any of these tips is great for me. I love the turning table in the fridge. I had no idea that I can put such a thing there. Thanks a lot for sharing!

17. colleen may posted on March 18, 2015 at 2:06 am (#)

I love your every idea of organizing the kitchen so well placed! The tension rod under table is a great one.

18. Maria posted on June 11, 2015 at 4:34 pm (#)

I love the wall paper in the pantry. Right now my pantry needs a total make over and deep cleaning.

1. Pingback: AMLI Blog: Loving Apartment Living Seven Tips for Keeping Your Apartment Kitchen Organized

2. Pingback: Our Favorite Home Organization DIY Ideas | KikiPad Design Blog

3. Pingback: Marquis at Ladera Vista Apartments - Austin, TX - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

4. Pingback: Park Bethesda Apartments - Bethesda, MD - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

5. Pingback: Lakewood on the Trail Apartments - Dallas, TX - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

6. Pingback: East Park Tower Apartments - Chicago, IL - Organize Your Kitchen at East Park Tower in Hyde Park With These 6 Tips

7. Pingback: Windsor Lofts at Universal City Apartments - Studio City, CA - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

8. Pingback: Hyde Park Apartments - Chester, VA - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

9. Pingback: Our Favorite Home Organization DIY Ideas | KikiCloset Curated Fashion

10. Pingback: Avana Grogan's Mill Apartments - The Woodlands, TX - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

11. Pingback: The Ridgewood by Windsor Apartments - Fairfax, VA - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

12. Pingback: Regents on University Apartments - Tempe, AZ - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

13. Pingback: Bellaire at Devonshire Apartments - Scott Depot, WV - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

14. Pingback: Lakepointe at Las Colinas Apartments - Irving, TX - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

15. Pingback: The Arch Apartments - Philadelphia, PA - Keep Your Kitchen Need and Tidy With These Organization Tips

16. Pingback: Terra at Piney Point Apartments - Houston, TX - Keep Your Kitchen at Terra at Piney Point in Houston Organized With These Tips

17. Pingback: 2 Ways to Add More Storage to Your Apartment Fridge | Verandahs at Hunt Club

18. Pingback: January Joyfulness (New Beginnings) -Let’s Get Organized | Mother's Bee of Good Christian Faith

19. Pingback: 42 Simple Storage Hacks That Will De-Clutter Your Life. | Awareness

20. Pingback: The Millenium Waterway Apartments - The Woodlands, TX - Simple Tips and Tricks for a Clean and Organized Kitchen

21. Pingback: 5550 Wilshire Apartments - Los Angeles, CA - Simple Tips and Tricks for a Clean and Organized Kitchen