Life

Thin Mint {Lover’s} Birthday Cake

Thin Mint Cake

I’m the type of person, when I’m told to do something…..I DO IT!

Earlier this month when we were in Branson, I saw this tweet from Amanda

Best Cake EVER tweet

A few loooong agonizing short days later, Amanda reviled “the greatest cake I have ever made….EVER”

She said if  “If you have ever enjoyed a thin mint you must try this.  You must.

Ummmm, do I like thin mint? you betchya…….and when Amanda says I MUST try something, I listen!

Friday was my mom’s birthday and she’s even a bigger fan of thin mints……..so I knew this cake would be the perfect birthday surprise!

And boy did she LOVE her cake!

Almost as much as she enjoyed all the attention she got from her granddaughters!

Birthday Kisses

She said it was CRAZY good………..as in make you do crazy things……..

crazy faces

If you have a thin mint lover in your life, you MUST make this for them soon!

thin mint cake inside

Head over to Amanda’s for her Thin Mint Cake Recipe and I also tried her favorite Buttercream as well!  I have to say…both were spot on perfect! not to mention E.A.S.Y.

I follower her recipes to the “T” – here are my only notes:

• I baked my cake in 2 –  6″ x 3″ pans = baking time for me was about 56 mins

A BIG HUGE thanks to Amanda for all of her help, encouragement, inspiration and most of all…..friendship!

These happy faces all thank you!!

The Girls

I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!

53 Responses to “Thin Mint {Lover’s} Birthday Cake”

1. Amy | She Wears Many Hats posted on June 13, 2011 at 6:45 am (#

Yum! One of my favorite combos. Such a happy cake too!

2. shelly (cookies and cups) posted on June 13, 2011 at 6:47 am (#

Omgosh Cheryl! That cake looks amazing and how beautiful are your daughters and mom? Must run in the family :)

3. Liz posted on June 13, 2011 at 6:48 am (#

Cheryl, this cake looks amazing! We have a few thin mint lovers in our family as well. Thank you for sharing. I am visiting you via Mingle Monday.

Liz

4. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on June 13, 2011 at 7:09 am (#

That’s one tall and impressive looking cake! Wishing your mom a very Happy Birthday! I love that picture of all of you!

5. Kristen posted on June 13, 2011 at 7:15 am (#

I am loving that cake, but even more so, loving those pics of your mom and girls. What treasures! I bet she was so touched!

6. Lisa posted on June 13, 2011 at 7:20 am (#

Oh I love Thin Mints and I know I’d love this cake. I’ll be making it very soon :)

7. Nichol posted on June 13, 2011 at 7:28 am (#

Wow thin mints are my favorite, this looks absolutely amazing. Beautiful photos. Happy belated birthday to your mom!

8. Simple Girl posted on June 13, 2011 at 7:58 am (#

I just love cakes that are THAT tall!! :-) I am sure that your mom loved it!

9. Amanda posted on June 13, 2011 at 8:06 am (#

That is one of the most beautiful three generation pictures ever. What a wonder family you have! And THANK YOU for the kind words. I just adore you girl!

10. bridget {bake at 350} posted on June 13, 2011 at 8:20 am (#

Look at the beautiful women in your family!!! Oh…and the CAKE! Wow! It sounds delicious and looks amazing! You’re right….if Amanda says it’s a must make, you MUST make it! ;)

11. Maria posted on June 13, 2011 at 8:51 am (#

The cake is beautiful! You did an amazing job! Love the photos-you have a beautiful family! Happy belated birthday to your mom!

12. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on June 13, 2011 at 9:14 am (#

That cake is TALL! Wow!! I love the generation picture too :)

13. Karly posted on June 13, 2011 at 9:39 am (#

Oh, my whole family would go crazy over that cake. Yum!

14. Amy @ Living Locurto posted on June 13, 2011 at 9:53 am (#

That cake is adorable! I’m sure it tasted fabulous too. What a cute bunch of ladies!! You all look so much alike. Too cute! Happy Birthday to your mom:-)

15. Amy / MoMomma posted on June 13, 2011 at 9:56 am (#

YUM! I wish I would have seen this prior to my Bday … Maybe I’ll make it as a Bday Redo cake! See my Birthday blogpost – I mentioned YOU TidyMom! :) http://momommamoney.blogspot.com/2011/06/blogs-birthdays-and-blunders.html

16. Sue posted on June 13, 2011 at 9:56 am (#

It looks BEAUTIFUL! Love it! Love looking at the family resemblance:)

17. Cassie posted on June 13, 2011 at 10:08 am (#

Mmmmm. I’m going to have to make this! It looks and sound sooo yummy! :)

18. Mique posted on June 13, 2011 at 10:11 am (#

I know some Thin Mint lovers that would be in heaven with that cake! Thanks for sharing. And super cute pics of all you- fun to see the 3 generations!

19. Lauren at Keep It Sweet posted on June 13, 2011 at 11:24 am (#

Oh that cake does sound incredibly delicious! You put it together so beautifully, too!

20. Fresh Garden posted on June 13, 2011 at 11:25 am (#

Wow, so green! I like green!

21. Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum posted on June 13, 2011 at 11:39 am (#

I can’t wait to try this! My husband is the thin mint fan in our house. I’m sure he’ll LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

22. teresa posted on June 13, 2011 at 11:59 am (#

OMG!
    That cake is so AMAZING!
    LOVE how high it is!
    I know your sweet mom LOVED it!
    Your girls are too CUTE!
    And so are you SWEET~GIRLIE!
    LOVE this cake!
    Greg loves thin mints!
    He would PASS~OUT if I made this for his birthday!
    xo

23. Ami w/AliLilly posted on June 13, 2011 at 2:01 pm (#

OH YUM!! OH Yummy Yumo Yum Yum!!! Thanks for sharing! I can NOT WAIT to make this!! :)

24. MsBrownBird posted on June 13, 2011 at 3:13 pm (#

Drat, I just bought a cake leveler from Sur la Table… I was going to buy one of the little ones like that, but the sales clerk told me he had one and it was worthless, so he talked me into the big one. It’s big enough for sheet cakes. I’ll have to see what I can do, because this looks too amazing to not make…

25. stephanie posted on June 13, 2011 at 3:15 pm (#

Oooh! I LOVE thin mints. I am definitely making this for our next church dinner. If I just make it for us I know I will eat way more than I need to.

26. Paula posted on June 13, 2011 at 4:59 pm (#

Your cake is almost, almost as gorgeous and a fun-filled as your Mom! Happy Birthday to her. I’m sure she was awed by your cake and it’s easy to see that her special day was enjoyed. Thanks for sharing it with us. Best wishes for a fabulous year for her.

27. Wenderly posted on June 13, 2011 at 6:31 pm (#

Yum! Fabulous job Cheryl! And Happy Birthday to your mom!

28. sweetsugarbelle posted on June 13, 2011 at 8:15 pm (#

absolutely made me smile! I love it love it love it, and I love the group pic!

29. Lisa posted on June 13, 2011 at 9:00 pm (#

This looks amazing. It’s such a fun cake too!

30. Robyn | Add a Pinch posted on June 13, 2011 at 9:36 pm (#

Such a fun idea for a cake! I’ve been thinking about it since Amanda first started tweeting about it. I’m afraid if I made it, I’d eat the whole thing.

31. Cookin' Canuck posted on June 13, 2011 at 11:03 pm (#

Amanda has the most brilliant recipes and it looks as though this was a big hit. How luck your mum is!

32. Claire @ Claire K Creations posted on June 13, 2011 at 11:26 pm (#

Oh wow. Would it be bad to make this for myself? I love chocolate and mint.

33. Tauni posted on June 14, 2011 at 3:25 am (#

The cake looks delicious and sounds like you had fun to boot! I have a couple of thin mint lovers in my house…thanks for sharing!

34. Debbie Corbari posted on June 14, 2011 at 5:31 am (#

You had me at Thin Mint. OMW this looks DELICIOUS and I would score BIG POINTS …like BEST WIFE EVER kinda thing if I made this for hubby!

I just may …for fathers day…oh my wheels are spinning! mwahahaha…

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!

35. Cookbook Queen posted on June 14, 2011 at 10:22 am (#

I can’t wait to try that cake…chocolate and mint are my favorite combo. You did an awesome job, C!! It looks amazing :)

36. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction posted on June 15, 2011 at 10:54 am (#

I saw this cake on Amanda’s site… And, now yours? You two are just torturing me! I will be making this soon, I’m sure of it.

37. Jamie | My Baking Addiction posted on June 16, 2011 at 11:25 pm (#

Cheryl– This cake looks incredibly delicious. I am a long time Thin Mint lover and your post makes me want to run into the kitchen and bake right at this very moment. Too bad it’s 12:25 am! Lovely photos!

38. Lina posted on June 17, 2011 at 7:34 pm (#

I NEED this asap!!! Yummm..thanks for sharing. Pics are beautiful as well :D

Lina
    Fancy Frugal Life

39. Gabe posted on June 17, 2011 at 7:45 pm (#

YUM! Your cake looks great! My whole family is drooling over this cake! I think I’m going to have to make it up soon!

40. Sarah posted on June 17, 2011 at 7:56 pm (#

So making this for fathers day. Thanks so much for sharing and your family is adorable:)

41. Nancy posted on June 18, 2011 at 10:56 am (#

That looks yummy- cute birthday pictures too! I will definitely be trying this.

42. Maggie posted on June 20, 2011 at 8:04 am (#

I’m featuring this on my blog this Friday! Sorry for the wait. This looks SO good!

43. Kulsum at JourneyKitchen posted on June 20, 2011 at 2:09 pm (#

I don’t how I can avoid making this cake now. I have been thinking about it since the day Amanda posted it and have a dozen of bloggers retweeting and then now making it! I was planning to half the recipe though. There is just two of us eating!

44. emmalyn posted on February 3, 2012 at 4:16 pm (#

I love TMs!
    They are totally THE BOMB!

45. emmalyn posted on February 3, 2012 at 4:21 pm (#

My mom is making one for Feb. 5 (my going-to-be 6 sis’s b-day) right this second!

46. Colette from JFF! posted on February 24, 2013 at 11:26 am (#

I don’t know HOW I missed this one!

1. Pingback: Its All About You | i am baker

2. Pingback: Cake balls recipe: How do you make cake balls | TidyMom

3. Pingback: Thin Mints Recipes – Bites From Other Blogs

4. Pingback: Raspberry Icebox Cake | TidyMom

5. Pingback: Pinterest Roundup Of 25 Thin Mint Inspired Dessert Recipes : From Val's Kitchen

6. Pingback: Malted Chocolate Cake with Toasted Marshmallow Filling | TidyMom