I’m participating in The Switch & Save Challenge, trying a variety of Arm & Hammer products and sharing my experiences with you!
Over the last few weeks we have been talking “laundry“. I also have another $25 Visa card to giveaway……so keep reading.
I asked if you are a laundry lover or hater? I also asked what you look for in a laundry detergent.
- Most of us don’t like doing laundry, but know it HAS to be done.
Laundry is my nemesis. It seems to multiply and just when I think it is complete it comes back. I, honestly, do not know where it comes from, because most of it is not mine. ~Ellen J
- There are some, though, that actually ENJOY doing laundry
- Many of us hate putting the laundry away
- Some of us lucky ones have husbands or children who help with the laundry, making the task easier.
Do I dare admit that my husband does the laundry probably more often than I do? It was one of those things I taught him how to do early on . No, I will not share him. ~Shaina
- Doing a load or two every day, is the best way to keep it under control.
What do we look for in a laundry detergent?
- Cost and Scent were tied for the two biggest factors when choosing a laundry detergent
What do I look for in detergent? Cost is a definite factor, scent (sometimes we get the fragrance-free…don’t want to compete too much with my perfume ), and of course, I want it to work. ~ Bridget
- Stain fighting and cleaning action were next on the list
- Color safe and skin irritants were also important
I have been using Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Power Gel Laundry Detergent, which includes not only Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (duh!) but also OxiClean to tackle tough stains. I have to honestly say…………I’m in love with it! And I can’t tell you how many times my 14 year old has told me how GREAT it smells when she’s doing laundry. I mean seriously, who knew a 14 year old even CARED what the laundry smells like! lol
Steps to successful Laundry
via Arm & Hammer
- Sort it Out:
Proper laundry sorting is important to prevent laundry problems like dye transfers and shrinking clothes. Read and follow care labels.
If uncertain whether the garment dyes are colorfast, find a hidden area of the garment (such as, the inside seam) and apply a “Pre-treatment concentration” of detergent. Allow to sit for 30 minutes and rinse. If color remains fast, proceed on whole garment.
Treat stains early. Fresh stains are easier to remove than old ones. Always test an inside seam for colorfastness.
Do not put garments with a stain in dryer. The dryer heat will set stains and make them permanent. Repeat pre-treatment/washing techniques above. If this doesn’t work, send garment to cleaners. Some stains, however, may be permanent.
You may also want to read:
GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
Tell me your favorite laundry tip in the comments for a chance to win a $25 Visa gift card from Arm & Hammer.
Additional entries: (leave a separate comment for each)
- Subscribe to TidyMom via RSS or email
- Tweet about this giveaway: I’m sharing my laundry tips for a chance to win a $25 Visa card @TidyMom http://su.pr/2mTJZU
- Join TidyMom on Facebook
- Share this post on Facebook by clicking this button
Giveaway will end on July 29, 2011 at 5 pm CST. One winner with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. I will email the winner and they will have 48 hours to claim their prize or another winner will be selected. Contest open to US residents only.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Church & Dwight Co., Inc, the maker of ARM & HAMMER branded products, who is compensating me to try different products. Save $1.00 on any 2 ARM & HAMMER Laundry Detergents. And be sure and head over to The Switch & Save Challenge for the chance to win $25,000.