Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate : I’m Lovin It
This recipe had me at Pumpkin….then I was sold after I read White Hot Chocolate! I’m a sucker for the Pumpkin Spice Latte’s at Starbucks so this recipe really caught my eye. It’s a delicious hot drink that does not include coffee, so it’s the perfect treat for the the non coffee drinkers and children!
I think I will be sipping one of these on Halloween night, awaiting the onslaught of trick-or-treaters. It would also be perfect at Thanksgiving or just any cold night snuggled up by the fire!
Summary: Just like pumpkin pie in a mug!
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- 2 ounces white chocolate (roughly chopped)
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine milk, pumpkin and spices. Cook string constantly until just simmering.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate ( reserve some for garnish)
- Just before serving, top each mug with a generous mound of whipped cream, a few shavings of white chocolate, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
To store, let cool, cover, and refrigerate. Reheat to serve. Recipe can easily be doubled.
Slightly adapted from Closet Cooking.
** We used our Cocoa Latte Maker to make this and it turned out terrific!
We sipped these while we watched the Cardinals win the first game of the World Series……we may need to drink them each game night to keep the luck going!! GO BIRDS!
Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://Tidymom.net
Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!
Share your recipes, crafts, diy’s, photography, printables, products..anything you are loving!
If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link below.
*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!
What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here