Get your “fat girl” pants on for this post! Brownies meet cake balls and team up with a little peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
Ding dong!…….enter, Peanut Butter Brownie bites! If you’re life is busy, or your just feeling lazy, but craving something decadent and chocolatey, look no further. I’m not going to lie to you, your hips will LOVE them. So enjoy the caloric guilt for one day and make these!! Just be sure to share some, so you don’t eat them all!
Supplies for making Brownie Bites
Wilton Ceramic Candy Melting bowls (I just got these and LOVE them)
- 1 prepared batch of your favorite brownies
- 1/3 can chocolate frosting
- 14 oz bag Wilton Peanut Butter Candy Melts
- 1-2 Tablespoons shortening
- Removed cooled brownies from pan and crumble into large bowl.
- Add 1/3 can of chocolate frosting, use hands to mix until combined
- roll into one inch balls.
- Place brownie balls on parchment lined pan and place in the freezer for 20 minutes, or refrigerator for an hour.
- Melt candy melts with a little shortening to thin.
- Dip brownie balls into peanut butter candy, and return to parchment lined sheet.
- Place in refrigerator to speed hardening time.
- Drizzle with white or chocolate candy melts to garnish.
I was able to get 34 cake balls out of 1 brownie mix (makes 8×8 or 9×9 pan).
I like to work with half the brownie balls and candy melts at a time, leaving the other half of the balls chilling in the refrigerator. You could leave the frosting out, the brownies were moist enough to make balls, but adding the frosting made much smoother balls, and the finished bites were more “fudge/truffle” like.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!
Made by You Monday, Mingle Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Get Your Craft On, Weekend Wrap Up Party , Tasty Tuesday
** red and white paper straws from Sweet Baking Supply