Recipes

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Get your “fat girl” pants on for this post! Brownies meet cake balls and team up with a little peanut butter.

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

For Father’s Day we wanted to treat dad to something we knew he’d love (brownies and peanut butter) and I also wanted something easy to make and eat.

Ding dong!…….enter, Peanut Butter Brownie bites! If you’re life is busy, or your just feeling lazy, but craving something decadent and chocolatey, look no further. I’m not going to lie to you, your hips will LOVE them. So enjoy the caloric guilt for one day and make these!! Just be sure to share some, so you don’t eat them all!

Supplies for making Brownie Bites

Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix

Wilton Peanut Butter Candy Melts

Wilton Ceramic Candy Melting bowls (I just got these and LOVE them)

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

Ingredients

• 1 prepared batch of your favorite brownies
  • 1/3 can chocolate frosting
  • 14 oz bag Wilton Peanut Butter Candy Melts
  • 1-2 Tablespoons shortening

Instructions

1. Removed cooled brownies from pan and crumble into large bowl.
  2. Add 1/3 can of chocolate frosting, use hands to mix until combined
  3. roll into one inch balls.
  4. Place brownie balls on parchment lined pan and place in the freezer for 20 minutes, or refrigerator for an hour.
  5. Melt candy melts with a little shortening to thin.
  6. Dip brownie balls into peanut butter candy, and return to parchment lined sheet.
  7. Place in refrigerator to speed hardening time.
  8. Drizzle with white or chocolate candy melts to garnish.

Notes

I was able to get 34 cake balls out of 1 brownie mix (makes 8×8 or 9×9 pan).

I like to work with half the brownie balls and candy melts at a time, leaving the other half of the balls chilling in the refrigerator. You could leave the frosting out, the brownies were moist enough to make balls, but adding the frosting made much smoother balls, and the finished bites were more “fudge/truffle” like.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!

** red and white paper straws from Sweet Baking Supply

48 Responses to “Peanut Butter Brownie Bites”

1. Southern Gal posted on June 20, 2011 at 6:38 am (#

You had me at the picture. Then you had to go and add peanut butter. I’ll forget I read “fat girl pants” as I make these…

2. Kim {Recipes To Run On} posted on June 20, 2011 at 6:58 am (#

Cheryl, these look SO amazing! And totally worth the calories. I think these will be fun to make with my kiddos this summer. Have a wonderful start to your week!!

3. Amanda posted on June 20, 2011 at 7:31 am (#

My hips may not like you, but I LOVE YOU!! These look absolutely amazing Cheryl! And the pictures are stunning!! You are becoming such a role model in photographic inspiration!!!

4. SMITH BITES posted on June 20, 2011 at 7:51 am (#

wow Cheryl – this is a homerun; good thing i’m outta p’nut butter . . .

5. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts posted on June 20, 2011 at 7:58 am (#

Oh these look amazing!!! Wonderful idea to coat them in peanut butter!

6. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on June 20, 2011 at 8:08 am (#

This is like a dream come true. I don’t care if it is June I’m breaking out the sweatpants.

7. Nichol posted on June 20, 2011 at 8:15 am (#

Oh my my husband would love these. One day I’m hoping to like peanut butter besides on my toast

8. Maria posted on June 20, 2011 at 8:20 am (#

I’m pregnant so I always have my fat pants on:) Love this recipe!

9. Robyn | Add a Pinch posted on June 20, 2011 at 8:30 am (#

Oh me, I know what I’m making this week. :)

10. marla posted on June 20, 2011 at 8:31 am (#

Cheryl, these look decadent & fabulous!

11. Cookbook Queen posted on June 20, 2011 at 8:34 am (#

Looks amazing!! I love brownie bites, and using PB candy melts is such a great idea!!

12. Paula posted on June 20, 2011 at 9:00 am (#

Going through my closet and pulling out a week’s worth of fat pants for these!

13. Sue posted on June 20, 2011 at 9:06 am (#

Oh boy, adding peanut butter to brownie pops was next on my list:) Now I see that I need to make them SOONER than later! They look way too good! Fantastic photo too!

14. Esi posted on June 20, 2011 at 9:33 am (#

These sound amazingly decadent.

15. Laura posted on June 20, 2011 at 10:04 am (#

These look so tasty! Great recipe, thanks for sharing.

16. Georgia Pellegrini posted on June 20, 2011 at 11:14 am (#

These look delicious. Peanut butter and chocolate are my all time favorites.

17. susan posted on June 20, 2011 at 12:07 pm (#

peanut butter and brownies – now you are talking my language, sista! I love coming up with stuff like this. love the photos, Cheryl!

18. Lucy Lean posted on June 20, 2011 at 12:20 pm (#

Where did you get those beautiful fun straws from?

19. Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] posted on June 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm (#

These look amazing!

I don’t bake with shortening. What would be a good alternative? Thanks!

20. naomi posted on June 20, 2011 at 2:11 pm (#

Awesomeness in a ball, Cheryl! Wow these look fantastic and love the mash-up!

21. Ann Claire posted on June 20, 2011 at 3:11 pm (#

Yum!!! These look so delicious!

22. Lisa@blessedwithgrace posted on June 20, 2011 at 3:13 pm (#

Oh my goodness!!! These look wonderful. Thanks!!

23. Kristen posted on June 20, 2011 at 3:24 pm (#

I’m loving these little brownie nibblers. Love your pics too, Cheryl!

24. Rachel - A Southern Fairytale posted on June 20, 2011 at 3:41 pm (#

Delicious, Cheryl!

25. Kathia posted on June 20, 2011 at 4:07 pm (#

It can’t get any better!! they look delicious!

26. kim-todays creative blog posted on June 20, 2011 at 7:08 pm (#

I think I’m going to try these for my son’s teachers. I may be calling you tomorrow!!!

27. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on June 20, 2011 at 8:05 pm (#

Yup, these are definitely going to be hard to resist!

28. bridget {bake at 350} posted on June 20, 2011 at 9:06 pm (#

Ooo….these sound amazing! I bet they are *dangerous!* ;)

29. Nicol posted on June 20, 2011 at 10:33 pm (#

Oooh those look so great! I’m going to make them this weekend after I can go grocery shopping to get everything. I’ve made cookie dough truffles and cake truffles but was looking for an idea for brownie truffles and now HERE IT IS!!! YAY!

Thanks for the idea!!

30. Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking posted on June 20, 2011 at 10:48 pm (#

wow, these look so amazing. what a great idea, never thought of peanut butter brownie bites. :-)

31. Lauren at Keep It Sweet posted on June 21, 2011 at 5:14 am (#

I love this twist on cake balls!

32. Jessica @ How Sweet posted on June 21, 2011 at 7:14 am (#

OH my gosh… these look SO GOOD!

33. Ben posted on June 21, 2011 at 8:17 am (#

They look delicious and your blog is so beautiful! I’m so happy I found it :)

34. Amanda posted on June 21, 2011 at 9:18 am (#

Wow! Seriosuly delicious looking! Thank you!

35. sweetsugarbelle posted on June 22, 2011 at 1:10 am (#

You should have named these Bernie butter bites! Seriously, your photos get beter and better and better. You really encourage me!!!

36. Sinful Southern Sweets posted on June 22, 2011 at 5:44 am (#

These look simply divine!!

37. Tickled Red posted on June 22, 2011 at 11:23 am (#

Oh my…I need about 50 of those stashed at my desk for mid-day snacks :) I am such a sucker for anything with peanut butter and chocolate.

38. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction posted on June 22, 2011 at 8:44 pm (#

Wow… These look super good. I would absolutely eat the whole batch if I made these. I may have to pretend I never saw them… Though, I can assure you, that won’t be easy!

39. Lovely Light posted on June 23, 2011 at 7:41 am (#

Hi there- found you through Skip to my Lou’s hop and am a new follower. This sounds so yummy! They do not use peanut butter in any treats where we live! I might have to make these to get my fix…I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa

Have a great week!

40. Roberta posted on June 30, 2011 at 12:21 pm (#

Oh my these look so good..can’t wait to try them. They also look so much prettier than my brownie pops…lol

41. ColleenwithMurals&More posted on July 29, 2011 at 10:48 pm (#

Heavens – I have to make these for the Reese’s King. I haven’t made any pops/balls/bites yet, but I’ll give it a go for him.

He’s worth it ;)

42. Samantha posted on August 19, 2011 at 8:11 am (#

Made them for a party and they were wonderful! Thanks!

43. Beloved posted on March 29, 2013 at 4:35 pm (#

Really awesome and tasty, thx for great recipe!

1. Pingback: Thin Mint Chocolate Cake Balls Recipe | Dine and Dish