I’m Lovin’ It – Lightscoop
There’s nothing worse than a picture with bad lighting. And if you’re a blogger, you know the drill…..NATURAL light is BEST.….Don’t use your flash! We hear it over and over again.
But what’s a blogger to do this time of year?
You’ve got this great dinner recipe you’re dying to share with your readers. But by the time you prepare dinner (and make your family wait while you photograph it) all the good light is gone.
If you have a dSLR camera, you have a few choices; use a tripod, and super low shutter speed and hope for the best, use the dreaded on camera flash (yuck), or spend some dough on a speedlight, ego lights or some other sort of studio lighting.
But I recently came across a fantastic little gem! It’s genius really………
It slides easily over your camera’s hot shoe and redirects your pop-up flash to a ceiling or wall.
Lightscoop® is a smart low-tech device that creates soft, flattering light by redirecting your camera’s pop-up flash to a ceiling or wall.
The Lightscoop is a fantastic affordable alternative to an external flash. No more red eye and overexposed faces from using the pop-up on camera flash. You get portability, simplicity and affordability, at just $29.95.
Take a look at these shots I took of my daughter one evening in my office. (all shots are straight out of camera)
See how much warmer and more natural the picture on the right is? I am totally impressed with quality and dimension achieved byt the Lightscoop!
Here’s another example with some goodies we made one day ……..I’m shooting with a large window to the left, but it was a dark and rainy day. So after the first few shots I realized I just wasn’t going to have enough light (and I didn’t like my props lol)…..the shot on the right was taken using my Lightscoop! much better!
Can you tell I’m Lovin’ my Lightscoop!
- The website has a list of compatible cameras
- For indoor use (you need walls or ceiling to bounce light)
- Available in Original scoop and Warming scoop
- Easy to use and set up instructions
Get the Lightscoop and save your money for a really cute camera bag!
This Giveaway has now ended!
Congratulations to #569 Karen @ Time Crafted I think you’re going to LOVE your Lightscoop can’t wait to see what you do with it!!
The awesome people at Lightscoop would like to give one lucky TidyMom reader their own Lightscoop!
- required: Visit Lightscoop and tell me how owning a Lightscoop would improve your photography.
Get Extra Entries by: (leave a separate comment for each)
- Become a subscriber to TidyMom by doing one of the following: subscribe via RSS, email or Google Friends connect (see widget at bottom of page) Already subscribe? AWESOME!… but be sure to let me know in the comments so your extra entry will count.
- Tweet about this giveaway: I want to shine light on my #photography with @Lightscoop & @TidyMom http://ow.ly/3Q2OH #giveaway
- Join TidyMom on facebook
- Join Lightscoop on facebook and let them know how you would use the Lightscoop
- Link up to I’m Lovin’ It, and leave a comment letting me know you linked up!
Giveaway will end on Feb 10, 2010 at 5 pm CST. One winner with a valid entry (US resident only) will be selected at random using random.org. I will email the winner and they will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Now it’s your turn!
What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s and button here
Disclosure: I awesome people at Lightscoop provided me with a Lightscoop of my very own, I was not compensated in any other way for this post. My opions and love of photography and light are all my own.
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera