Life

I’m Lovin’ It – Sweaters and Boots and Scarves Oh MY!

Fall is, hands down my favorite time of the year. The weather chills out, the leaves turn my favorite colors, all the pumpkin recipes come out and the best part of all………….the clothes!!!

I. LOVE. FALL. CLOTHES!

The cool crisp air encourages me to get out of my grubbies, and into something snugly warm and cute!  If you know me, you know I’m a HUGE fan of sweaters, scarves and boots!  Oh just saying those three words makes me giddy!

So this year started with these beauties………..they called my name.  I stayed strong and went home with out them the first time I saw them, only to go home with a pang in my heart.  They needed ME………..I NEEDED them!  After all, I’ll be visiting Paws Up Ranch next week, and headed to Texas in December.  A girl needs some good boots, right?

I bought mine at Macy’s, but you get also get them on Amazon.

You can’t have fall with out sweaters! ………….I have a bit of an addiction to cardigan sweaters

I love to pick up old wood hangers, especially ones with advertising on them

And my favorite accessory……….scarves!  I LOOOOOVE them! There are dozens upon dozens of ways to wear them and I found this adorable video that shows you 25 ways to wear a scarf! you must watch it, this girl is so cute.

Need some fall inspiration?  Think, layers color and texture.

Check out the Fall 2011 fashion trends moms will definitely want to try this season.  I’m thrilled to say that my favorite sweaters boots and scarves from last year are still going strong!

I gathered some great collections from polyvore

This outfit is SO me!! I would wear it with flats or boots.  The scarf may be a bit much with the ruffled tank, so I’d either tie it on my bag, or wear a more simple orange tank or t-shirt.

Created by juju

I love this……..but would add a scarf.

created by emilysigmon1

With the ruffled tank, there’s no need for a scarf, but you could do this same outfit with a simple tank or tee and add a cute scarf.

Created by jenniferleg

Everything about this is perfect

created by kittywitty

Be inspired…………go forth this fall………………get your boot, scarf and sweater on!

TidyMom I'm Lovin' ItI’m Lovin’……Sweaters, Boots and Scarves

get button code

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://Tidymom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!

Share your recipes, crafts, diy’s, photography, printables, products..anything you are loving!

If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link below.

*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

44 Responses to “I’m Lovin’ It – Sweaters and Boots and Scarves Oh MY!”

1. Lea posted on September 29, 2011 at 9:05 pm (#

I was just wondering, I always thought that you shouldn’t hang your sweaters on hangers….I have always folded mine…am I wrong here? Hanging them would be so much easier, but does it make them wear funny? whats your thoughts?

2. Jenny posted on September 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm (#

Those are cute outfits and boots! I have never worn a scarf as an accessory and don’t have any boots, besides the ones I shovel snow in. LOL!

I’d love to be more fashionable, but I don’t see it happening for me.

3. Sue posted on September 29, 2011 at 9:07 pm (#

I’m with you, Cheryl, So many reason to love fall!

4. nest of posies posted on September 29, 2011 at 9:17 pm (#

LOVE Fall clothes. it’s the best season ever.

LOOK at your tidy closet. can’t take it. amazing neatness.

have an awesome weekend.

xo
    kellie

5. trisha posted on September 29, 2011 at 9:43 pm (#

the clothes collections featured today are quite awesome…I am a dunce when it comes to putting stuff together but looking at this was fun. I have many similar pieces that I would have not really thought of putting together so that was cool and give me somethings to hunt for! MORE PLEASE! :) Thanks, I really look forward to this link up.

6. Heather@At The Picket Fence posted on September 29, 2011 at 9:53 pm (#

Such cute fall fashion inspiration! Those boots are to. die. for.!! Thank you for hosting such a lovely party, it’s appreciated!

Heather

7. Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes posted on September 29, 2011 at 11:23 pm (#

It’s such a good feeling to know you’re alive…..
    It’s such a happy feeling: You’re growing inside…..
    And when you wake up ready to say…..
    “I think I’ll make a snappy new day.”

Sorry, the Mr. Rogers theme song totally popped in my head when I saw that row cardigans on the wood clothes hangers. And for the record I loved Mr. Rogers and I still love cardigans.

Looks like you picked out some really snazzy clothes. I love wearing all the sweaters and boots in the fall too!

8. Carolyn posted on September 30, 2011 at 6:44 am (#

Fall boots make me happy in ways other things can’t. But I have to say, having issues with the fact that so many are absolutely HUGE in the calves. What is up with that? I must have tried on every single pair of boots in Marshalls, TJ Maxx and DSW yesterday, until I finally found some suede tan Steve Maddens that fit my calves nicely.
    But yes, yay for fall and the boots.

9. bridget {bake at 350} posted on September 30, 2011 at 6:51 am (#

That’s it. I’m moving. I SO want to be in my boots and sweaters right now….but it’s 90 degrees!!!

PS….love your old wood hangers!

10. Home Confetti posted on September 30, 2011 at 7:20 am (#

For some reason my caption/title name is not showing up (maybe because I tried to use quotes?) If you can fix it on your end, it’s supposed to say “Fun Fall Tree List”, #33. Thanks!! and thanks for hosting!

RoseMarie, Home Confetti

11. Mandi@BoredomBustingMommy posted on September 30, 2011 at 7:35 am (#

LOVE that scarf video, I needed that. It is definitely scarf weather here and I only know how to tie it two ways. I linked up my pumpkin pancakes! :) Thanks for hosting!

12. Lynn from For Love or Funny posted on September 30, 2011 at 7:37 am (#

I love the scarf how-to video! I need new ways to hide my neck!! :)

13. Wendy (The Local Cook) posted on September 30, 2011 at 7:40 am (#

Thank you for hosting! Fall is my favorite time of year . . . loving all the cute posts!

14. Christina posted on September 30, 2011 at 7:54 am (#

Thanks for hosting! I love all the fall fashion ideas!

15. Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired posted on September 30, 2011 at 8:09 am (#

Hi Cheryl!

Thanks for hosting this lovely party. I love your blog. It’s the very first one I started following and now I’m blogging myself! Thanks!

Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

16. Jenna@CallHerHappy posted on September 30, 2011 at 8:38 am (#

Awesome video! Sending it to my mom! Also, I love the idea of wooden hangers. It makes cardigans that much more beautiful! My hubby makes fun of me and my best friends. He says the one thing we have in common (bc we are so different) is that we never leave home without a cardigan. We are like Mr. Rogers!

Jenna
    callherhappy.com

17. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on September 30, 2011 at 9:13 am (#

I need to go shopping!! (LOVE those outfits and your hangers!)

18. teresa posted on September 30, 2011 at 9:42 am (#

Well you have definitely got me in the mood to deck out in some Fall fashion!! ;)
    I think I need to go take off this flannel robe and pjs and organize my closet!
    Those boots are ROCKIN’ hot!!!
    I bet Heather and Alison couldn’t believe you got those COOL boots!
    I know you love living with 2 fashionistas. {did I spell that fancy word right?}
    Love your style!
    Love you sweet girl!
    Can’t believe you are going to Montana next week!
    Have a fab time!
    xo

19. melissa posted on September 30, 2011 at 9:44 am (#

I have some pretty fall inspired art work that I create on etsy you might enjoy/get inspired by :)

have a look and enjoy my fall eye candy!

20. Jenni posted on September 30, 2011 at 9:47 am (#

Hoppy Friday Friend! Thanks for hosting!! Let me ask you a ? Yesterday you tweeted about all the acorns hitting you…We also have HUGE Pin Oaks. What do you do with all of the acorns so they do not grow in your yard? We have tried everything but still end up killing thousands of trees every year.

21. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction posted on September 30, 2011 at 10:42 am (#

LOVE those boots, Cheryl! I have very similar ones that I cannot wait to wear. :)

22. Brenda posted on September 30, 2011 at 11:11 am (#

I couldn’t agree more … fall clothes are the best! Love the scarf video … informative and entertaining. Thank you for hosting such a nice link party.

23. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted on September 30, 2011 at 11:54 am (#

very fun post!!

24. kim@todayismysome-day posted on September 30, 2011 at 12:01 pm (#

Thanks for hosting and for reminding of the awesome boots I got last year at the end of the season. New for this year!

25. Christine posted on September 30, 2011 at 12:34 pm (#

Thank you for hosting! Those outfits are so appealing!

26. Loy posted on September 30, 2011 at 12:40 pm (#

No sure my body can remember when it was able to wear those skinny jeans! Oh well, on to my contribution to the party. I bring No-Bake Peanut Butter or Chocolate Drops. The Peanut Butter Drops are a nice change from the Chocolate/Peanut Butter ones that are more common. The post is a part of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies so lots of links for other great recipes there also. Cheryl, thanks for hosting. Always get lost of wonderful ideas here.

27. Jenny posted on September 30, 2011 at 12:50 pm (#

Thank you for the outfit photos for those of us, like myself, who are fashion challenged though desire to be fashion forward! it helps to have a sample :)

28. Emily posted on September 30, 2011 at 1:41 pm (#

I LOVE scarves and boots (wearing boots today even though it’s 90 degrees – it has been 100!)

Question from the fashion-challenged: how do you know if you should/could wear your boots on the OUTSIDE of your jeans?? :)

29. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen posted on September 30, 2011 at 1:42 pm (#

That scarf video is the best! I have a serious obsession with scarves.

30. Paula posted on September 30, 2011 at 4:02 pm (#

Love your new boots! I always felt that I’m my legs were too short to wear high boots, perhaps I’m just too chicken to be try. Of course, if I stopped spending money on cookie decorating supplies and things for my kitchen I just might get bolder with wardrobe one day. I saw the scarf tying video earlier this week too, she has quite a nice blog as well.

31. Ardis W. posted on September 30, 2011 at 9:16 pm (#

Wendy’s how to video is hands down the BEST scarf vid on YouTube…and I’ve watched many a scarf video on there. I’m subscribed to her actually and love ALL of her videos! I love those boots that you got too by the way!!

32. jeanna posted on September 30, 2011 at 9:18 pm (#

I pinned that same outfit from kittywitty and now I’m on the hunt for a cute men’s plaid shirt to re-vamp. Have a great weekend.

33. kyleen posted on October 1, 2011 at 3:04 pm (#

The scarf tutorial is so creative and cute! Thanks for hosting.

34. Pinfluence posted on October 8, 2011 at 10:50 am (#

I featured one of your style board Pins as one of my favorite pins on Pinterest this week! :)

35. monster busters hack posted on April 13, 2014 at 11:23 am (#

Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular article!
    It’s the little changes that produce the largest changes.
    Thanks for sharing!

1. Pingback: Pumpkin Banana Bread with Pumpkin Glaze | NancyCreative

2. Pingback: How We Grill Steak PLUS Blue Cheese Walnut Butter

3. Pingback: Golf and Blueberry Pie « Vanilla Bean Baker

4. Pingback: Fall decor and recipes | TidyMom

5. Pingback: Pumpkin Banana Bread with Pumpkin Glaze | 100wizard News Site

6. Pingback: Tissue Paper Pom-Pom Halloween Wreath Tutorial | Positively Splendid {Crafts, Sewing, Recipes and Home Decor}

7. Pingback: Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats

8. Pingback: Butterfinger Fudge

9. Pingback: Homemade Limoncello {DIY Christmas Gift Idea}: Day 88 of The 100-Day Countdown to Christmas - The Saturday Evening Pot