Is it HOT where you are?!
Ugh, we have had more than 10 days in a row of 90+ temps with our heat index over 100!
Allison has summer basketball going on, but even with evening games, the temps are still in the 90’s and they’re playing in a gym with no AC!
During the day, I’ve been working on a new blog look!! I’m excited about how it’s coming along, and I hope to have it up and ready to share in the next few weeks.
So in the mean time, I may be posting a little less often. But rest assured, it will be worth the wait!! I’m hoping to have a few guests post and fun giveaways while I’m busy.
Early this month was my mom’s birthday!
She requested her favorite cake…..so I thought I’d share with you!
It’s a combination of a Gooey Butter cake and German chocolate cake….but upside down!
You do know, everything tastes better upside down don’t you?
Upside Down German Chocolate Cake!
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake mix, prepared
- 1 pound (4 cups) powdered sugar
- 1- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Flour & grease 9×13 pan
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans in bottom of pan
- Prepare cake mix per box instructions
- Pour prepared cake batter over coconut & pecans
- Mix sugar, cheese and butter in medium bowl until well blended
- Pour/spoon over cake batter – do NOT mix in
- Bake 50-55 mins
Copyright© 2009-2013 TidyMom.Net
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera