I first saw these cookies on Flickr. Glorious Treats made them…….and they look AMAZING!!
Sunshine and I made them over the weekend…….ours don’t look as perfect and as glorious as the ones we saw on Flickr……..but not bad for our first attempt!
It took a little bit of foot work to track down the recipe, but I found it! Posted here on a cake message board.
*I got (18) 3? hearts and (9) 4.5? hearts out of one batch.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp extra-strong coffee or chocolate liqueur *(I used Vanilla with instant coffee mixed in)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cream together the butter and sugars for 2 minutes.
- Scrape the bowl and cream the mixture for an additional minute. Beat in the egg
- and coffee or liqueur. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture 1 cup at a time to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Divide dough and chill. Bake 6 to 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. This dough can be frozen.
- Ice with Royal Icing. Color with Americolor Super Red and Americolor Deep Pink
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
I’m sharing this recipe at Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam Mouth Watering Mondays and Tuesdays at the Table, Foodie Friday recipe exchanges alos Kimba’s DIY Day and Kristin’s Works for Me Wednesday and Made by You Monday . Be sure to visit them for more great recipes and ideas!
You won’t want to miss Teresa’s Pink Party!