Family

Baby Shower Cookies | I’m Lovin’ It

Cut-out butter cookies decorated for a baby shower– onesie and baby bottles

baby shower sugar cookies

What am I Lovin’ this week?

I have to be honest here……..

if you had asked me last week,
I probably would NOT have said I was loving these cookies! lol

Our nephew and his wife are expecting their first baby, a little girl, in May. For her baby shower instead of having a cake, I made cookies and cupcakes.

I was excited to try out the new onesie and baby bottle cookie cutters I had recently bought.

I drew up my plans on paper, and got to work.

They took a lot of time and patience……
and I wasn’t thrilled with them when I finished them.

But now looking back, I guess they’re not too bad!
Everyone at the shower loved them!

Butter Cookie Recipe

Royal Icing Recipe

I bagged them all up and took them in a basket!

baby bottle and onsie cookies for baby shower at TidyMom.net

I also made the raspberry filled vanilla cupcakes again, like I did for Easter,
but this time with pink butter cream.

Raspberry filled cupcakes

I just love baby showers………and baby bellies!

Erin 4-11-10 (old color)

Isn’t she so cute?

It wont be much longer!

I linked this post up at Bake at 350 – Bridget wanted to see what we’ve been baking this spring!! – check out all the great links and Bridget’s strawberry cookies!!

EDITED:  Sorry, but this linky widget is no longer available

80 Responses to “Baby Shower Cookies | I’m Lovin’ It”

1. Pat posted on April 16, 2010 at 4:58 pm (#

The cookies are adorable! I can imagine the amount of time…and patience…these took. You win the gold star! :-) The cupcakes are beautiful too. Amazing job, honestly!

2. Pat posted on April 16, 2010 at 4:58 pm (#

3. Mary posted on April 16, 2010 at 8:05 pm (#

Your cookies are amazingly clever. I found your blog by chance. I planned just to say hello but I was lured by your other posts and spent way too much time here. I really like what you are doing here. I''ll be back often. Have a great day. Blessings…Mary

4. Mary posted on April 16, 2010 at 8:05 pm (#

5. MarytheKay posted on April 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm (#

Well, let me join in and say the cookies really ARE adorable! Sure wish I had one right now!!!

I meant to write last night…to say thanks for letting me link up to the party! It's my first time! I'm loving all the great ideas. :-)

6. MarytheKay posted on April 16, 2010 at 10:33 pm (#

7. Jennifer posted on April 16, 2010 at 10:45 pm (#

Hey Cheryl!!! Your cookies look amazing!!!! I am too scared to even try to makes these!!!! I can't even boil water! ha!

8. Jennifer posted on April 16, 2010 at 10:45 pm (#

9. Sandra posted on April 17, 2010 at 12:24 am (#

The cookies are adorable and all the party decor. I am glad I could join your link party…thanks for stopping by too!

10. Sandra posted on April 17, 2010 at 12:24 am (#

11. Fleur de Bee posted on April 17, 2010 at 9:51 am (#

These are just DARLING!!! The time you put into them truly makes them works of art I wouldn't even want to eat…wait, yes I would yum! lol

xo Molly

12. Fleur de Bee posted on April 17, 2010 at 9:51 am (#

xo Molly

13. jules p posted on April 17, 2010 at 9:56 am (#

You did an outstanding job on those cookies. Will you share the recipe for the cookies/icing?!?!

thanks!

imisstx at comcast dot net

14. jules p posted on April 17, 2010 at 9:56 am (#

thanks!

imisstx at comcast dot net

15. Valerie posted on April 17, 2010 at 10:15 am (#

I'm getting ready to make cookies for a baby shower too, lol! This was perfect timing… yours turned out great!

16. Valerie posted on April 17, 2010 at 10:15 am (#

17. Alison@howdoesshe posted on April 17, 2010 at 12:24 pm (#

Okay it's on the calendar…We are going to link up every friday…not saturday:)
    What time do you post and we will be there!
    Thanks for doing this and O my goodness I wish I could make cookies like you! Love the polka-dots!

18. Alison@howdoesshe posted on April 17, 2010 at 12:24 pm (#

Okay it's on the calendar…We are going to link up every friday…not saturday:)
    What time do you post and we will be there!

19. Sugar Bananas posted on April 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm (#

Beautiful cookies! Baby girls are just so fun :) Thanks for hosting.

20. Sugar Bananas posted on April 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm (#

Beautiful cookies! Baby girls are just so fun :) Thanks for hosting.

21. polwig.com posted on April 18, 2010 at 4:24 pm (#

The cookies look so good…make me want to host a baby shower.

22. polwig.com posted on April 18, 2010 at 4:24 pm (#

The cookies look so good…make me want to host a baby shower.

23. Shelley posted on April 20, 2010 at 1:50 am (#

Are you kidding me!? You weren't thrilled with them!? CHERYL,…I keep getting so jealous of your royal icing cookies. They are gorgeous!! :) I have been trying my skill lately with royal icing too,…and well,…let's just say I am envious of your talent! ;)

24. Shelley posted on April 20, 2010 at 1:50 am (#

25. Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend posted on April 20, 2010 at 2:50 am (#

Baby bellies are my favorites….I have not had enough blog time lately…So glad that I stopped by tonight..Be sure and stop by main blog
    and witness a miracle.

26. Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend posted on April 20, 2010 at 2:50 am (#

and witness a miracle.

27. Bird posted on May 24, 2010 at 12:29 pm (#

Hi!

Came over from Bake 350!!

Love the cookies! I can see you are a perfectionist AND tidy mom!! hehehe

Love,
    Bird

28. Bird posted on May 24, 2010 at 12:29 pm (#

Hi!

Came over from Bake 350!!

Love the cookies! I can see you are a perfectionist AND tidy mom!! hehehe

Love,
    Bird

29. Sue Sparks posted on May 25, 2010 at 10:03 pm (#

Your cookies are adorable, and i love the filled cupcakes!

30. Sue Sparks posted on May 25, 2010 at 10:03 pm (#

Your cookies are adorable, and i love the filled cupcakes!