DIY/Crafts

Christmas Craft – {Glass} Ball Ornament Wreaths

I couldn’t resist the urge……..
you know, follow the pack, copy my peers heroes.

Last year I made my first {Glass} Ball Ornament Wreath

Ornament wreath at TidyMom.net
You can buy wreaths like this with vintage glass ornament, and they’re not cheap!

If you can’t buy it….MAKE it!!

That’s EXACTLY what I did! For just under $15!- AWESOME!

I didn’t have vintage glass ornaments, instead I bought shatter proof ornaments at Walmart.

**********************************

This year, I started seeing these wreaths pop up all over blogland again.

Eddie Ross started the ball rolling with a fabulous idea using a WIRE HANGER!

I’m pretty sure most of us have them, we may not like them, and may not admit that we use them sometime – but I bet you have a spare wire hanger in your house! I did! **note, use a flimsy wire hanger, it’s much easier to work with!

I headed to the Dollar Tree I turned all of this

Dollar Tree Ornaments

into THIS!

How to make an ornament ball wreath.  Tutorial at TidyMom.net

I LOVE it!!

I don’t know if it’s the colors, or the varying textures, but I LOVE this one even more.

How to make an ornament ball wreath.  Tutorial at TidyMom.net

Sarah, the FABULOUS Thrifty Decor Chick has a great step by step tutorial on how to make the wreath with a wire hanger! Go read her instructions, learn from her mistakes!

These wreaths don’t have to be just for Christmas………

check out the one Chris of Just a Girl made, wouldn’t that be cute for Easter?!

Do you have a Christmas Craft to share? Maybe you’re still looking for some Christmas Craft ideas…….

39 Responses to “Christmas Craft – {Glass} Ball Ornament Wreaths”

1. He & Me + 3 posted on December 15, 2009 at 10:44 pm (#

Those are all gorgeous. I so want to make one of those. BEautiful.

2. He & Me + 3 posted on December 15, 2009 at 10:44 pm (#

Those are all gorgeous. I so want to make one of those. BEautiful.

3. Jenny posted on December 15, 2009 at 11:47 pm (#

Yours turned out so pretty! I made one in similar colors, but it's starting to droop a little.

4. Jenny posted on December 15, 2009 at 11:47 pm (#

5. Christine @ Cookie Goodness posted on December 15, 2009 at 11:51 pm (#

I love, love, love this!! As soon as I kick this nasty bout of bronchitis I'm off to the Dollar Store =)Now I'm thinking red for Valentines Day, Green for March….this could be trouble =D

6. Christine @ Cookie Goodness posted on December 15, 2009 at 11:51 pm (#

7. Kare posted on December 16, 2009 at 1:38 am (#

They're both completely gorgeous! For those near an Ikea, I picked up huge bags of ornaments in the Ikea scratch & dent area for super cheap not too long ago. They have great deals on ball ornaments in general, too.

8. Kare posted on December 16, 2009 at 1:38 am (#

9. Lynn Richards posted on December 16, 2009 at 2:14 am (#

O.K., so I wanted to make one of these this holiday, but I can only make so much. Yours is the best I have seen so far!! It is bea-yoo-ti-ful!!
    Lynn

10. Lynn Richards posted on December 16, 2009 at 2:14 am (#

Lynn

11. Jane In The Jungle posted on December 16, 2009 at 9:24 am (#

LOVE that…my BFF gave me one a few years ago…one of my favorite things!

Visiting from the Bash!

12. Jane In The Jungle posted on December 16, 2009 at 9:24 am (#

LOVE that…my BFF gave me one a few years ago…one of my favorite things!

Visiting from the Bash!

13. An Almost Unschooling Mom posted on December 16, 2009 at 10:41 am (#

Your wreath turned out just gorgeous!

14. An Almost Unschooling Mom posted on December 16, 2009 at 10:41 am (#

Your wreath turned out just gorgeous!

15. Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog posted on December 16, 2009 at 11:32 am (#

It's so beautiful! I love the mixture of glittery and matte ornaments!!

16. Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog posted on December 16, 2009 at 11:32 am (#

It's so beautiful! I love the mixture of glittery and matte ornaments!!

17. Bloggin' Mama posted on December 16, 2009 at 12:05 pm (#

How beautiful! I think I might try this one since I don't have a wreath up!

18. Bloggin' Mama posted on December 16, 2009 at 12:05 pm (#

How beautiful! I think I might try this one since I don't have a wreath up!

19. Stacey @ Fun to Craft posted on December 16, 2009 at 2:57 pm (#

Love your blog! So many cute ideas! Thanks for visiting!!

20. Stacey @ Fun to Craft posted on December 16, 2009 at 2:57 pm (#

Love your blog! So many cute ideas! Thanks for visiting!!

21. Serendipity posted on December 16, 2009 at 3:48 pm (#

Those wreaths are so cute! I'm going to check out the tutorial :) TFS!

22. Serendipity posted on December 16, 2009 at 3:48 pm (#

Those wreaths are so cute! I'm going to check out the tutorial :) TFS!

23. jennykate77 posted on December 16, 2009 at 5:00 pm (#

Looks beautiful!! I did this with an old ribbon wreath. I added lots of black ornaments to it this year and I love it! Just to think, I almost threw it away!! :)

24. jennykate77 posted on December 16, 2009 at 5:00 pm (#

25. Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings posted on December 16, 2009 at 10:41 pm (#

Beautiful! I have seen these around (like you said), but I just love the uniqueness of each of them…different colors, sizes of bulbs, style, etc. I would really love to make one with purples and silvers since I'm a huge fan of those colors! Thanks so much for sharing this great craft for the Christmas Bash! Hope to "see" you Friday! ;)

26. Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings posted on December 16, 2009 at 10:41 pm (#

27. Anny posted on December 17, 2009 at 12:09 am (#

I love this years more too – its more…organized? I don't know how to describe it but it flows more. Plus I dig your snowflake balls too :D

28. Anny posted on December 17, 2009 at 12:09 am (#

29. Jerri posted on December 17, 2009 at 10:34 pm (#

I agree that wreaths can be quite pricey. And I do love these ball wreaths. I'd definitely like to try this project!

30. Jerri posted on December 17, 2009 at 10:34 pm (#

31. Amanda posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:39 pm (#

It came out gorgeous!

32. Amanda posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:39 pm (#

It came out gorgeous!

33. Kati- posted on December 23, 2009 at 1:52 pm (#

I love your wreath! I didn't see the red decorated balls there– you were lucky, they're awfully cute!
    Your blog is so beautiful and your pictures are perfect!
    Happy Holidays!

34. Kati- posted on December 23, 2009 at 1:52 pm (#

Your blog is so beautiful and your pictures are perfect!
    Happy Holidays!

35. Yvonne posted on October 15, 2012 at 8:28 pm (#

I just saw some ornaments at Walmart that I fell in love with. Now I know what I can do with them. Good thing they are open late so I can run back and get them.

36. Benita Hallmark posted on June 28, 2014 at 4:19 pm (#

I have wanted one of these wreaths for a while, and had bought the Christmas balls on sale this December. I had already bought a wire “wreath frame”, so I wrapped some batting around it and then wrapped the whole thing with the fleece strips. So far, so good. The first layer of balls glued to the fleece went fine. As I started layering the Christmas balls, I ran into problems. The balls, both glass and plastic, will not stay glued to each other. I am using a low temp glue gun and “multitemp” glue sticks. I am attempting to anchor each ball onto 3 adjacent surfaces but they break loose. What am I doing wrong?

1. Pingback: 3 Homemade Christmas Ornaments {tutorial} | TidyMom

2. Pingback: Delicious Edible Gift Food Present and Holiday Craft Ideas | TidyMom

3. Pingback: How to make a Christmas wreath using colorful ornaments - Four Generations One Roof