follow TidyMom on Pinterest

Christmas Craft – {Glass} Ball Ornament Wreaths

I couldn’t resist the urge……..
you know, follow the pack, copy my peers heroes.

Last year I made my first {Glass} Ball Ornament Wreath

Ornament wreath at TidyMom.net
You can buy wreaths like this with vintage glass ornament, and they’re not cheap!

If you can’t buy it….MAKE it!!

That’s EXACTLY what I did! For just under $15!- AWESOME!

I didn’t have vintage glass ornaments, instead I bought shatter proof ornaments at Walmart.

**********************************

This year, I started seeing these wreaths pop up all over blogland again.

Eddie Ross started the ball rolling with a fabulous idea using a WIRE HANGER!

I’m pretty sure most of us have them, we may not like them, and may not admit that we use them sometime – but I bet you have a spare wire hanger in your house! I did! **note, use a flimsy wire hanger, it’s much easier to work with!

I headed to the Dollar Tree I turned all of this

Dollar Tree Ornaments

into THIS!

How to make an ornament ball wreath.  Tutorial at TidyMom.net

I LOVE it!!

I don’t know if it’s the colors, or the varying textures, but I LOVE this one even more.

How to make an ornament ball wreath.  Tutorial at TidyMom.net

Sarah, the FABULOUS Thrifty Decor Chick has a great step by step tutorial on how to make the wreath with a wire hanger! Go read her instructions, learn from her mistakes!

These wreaths don’t have to be just for Christmas………

check out the one Chris of Just a Girl made, wouldn’t that be cute for Easter?!

Do you have a Christmas Craft to share? Maybe you’re still looking for some Christmas Craft ideas…….

If you’re new to TidyMom, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed or Email. I would also love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for visiting!
About TidyMom

Comments

1. 1
    He & Me + 3 says:

Those are all gorgeous. I so want to make one of those. BEautiful.

2. 2
    He & Me + 3 says:

Those are all gorgeous. I so want to make one of those. BEautiful.

3. 3

Yours turned out so pretty! I made one in similar colors, but it's starting to droop a little.

4. 4

5. 5
    Christine @ Cookie Goodness says:

I love, love, love this!! As soon as I kick this nasty bout of bronchitis I'm off to the Dollar Store =)Now I'm thinking red for Valentines Day, Green for March….this could be trouble =D

6. 6
    Christine @ Cookie Goodness says:

7. 7

They're both completely gorgeous! For those near an Ikea, I picked up huge bags of ornaments in the Ikea scratch & dent area for super cheap not too long ago. They have great deals on ball ornaments in general, too.

8. 8

9. 9
    Lynn Richards says:

O.K., so I wanted to make one of these this holiday, but I can only make so much. Yours is the best I have seen so far!! It is bea-yoo-ti-ful!!
    Lynn

10. 10
    Lynn Richards says:

Lynn

11. 11
    Jane In The Jungle says:

LOVE that…my BFF gave me one a few years ago…one of my favorite things!

Visiting from the Bash!

12. 12
    Jane In The Jungle says:

LOVE that…my BFF gave me one a few years ago…one of my favorite things!

Visiting from the Bash!

13. 13
    An Almost Unschooling Mom says:

Your wreath turned out just gorgeous!

14. 14
    An Almost Unschooling Mom says:

Your wreath turned out just gorgeous!

15. 15
    Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog says:

It's so beautiful! I love the mixture of glittery and matte ornaments!!

16. 16
    Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog says:

It's so beautiful! I love the mixture of glittery and matte ornaments!!

17. 17
    Bloggin' Mama says:

How beautiful! I think I might try this one since I don't have a wreath up!

18. 18
    Bloggin' Mama says:

How beautiful! I think I might try this one since I don't have a wreath up!

19. 19
    Stacey @ Fun to Craft says:

Love your blog! So many cute ideas! Thanks for visiting!!

20. 20
    Stacey @ Fun to Craft says:

Love your blog! So many cute ideas! Thanks for visiting!!

21. 21
    Serendipity says:

Those wreaths are so cute! I'm going to check out the tutorial :) TFS!

22. 22
    Serendipity says:

Those wreaths are so cute! I'm going to check out the tutorial :) TFS!

23. 23
    jennykate77 says:

Looks beautiful!! I did this with an old ribbon wreath. I added lots of black ornaments to it this year and I love it! Just to think, I almost threw it away!! :)

24. 24
    jennykate77 says:

25. 25
    Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings says:

Beautiful! I have seen these around (like you said), but I just love the uniqueness of each of them…different colors, sizes of bulbs, style, etc. I would really love to make one with purples and silvers since I'm a huge fan of those colors! Thanks so much for sharing this great craft for the Christmas Bash! Hope to "see" you Friday! ;)

26. 26
    Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings says:

27. 27

I love this years more too – its more…organized? I don't know how to describe it but it flows more. Plus I dig your snowflake balls too :D

28. 28

29. 29

I agree that wreaths can be quite pricey. And I do love these ball wreaths. I'd definitely like to try this project!

30. 30

31. 31

It came out gorgeous!

32. 32

It came out gorgeous!

33. 33

I love your wreath! I didn't see the red decorated balls there– you were lucky, they're awfully cute!
    Your blog is so beautiful and your pictures are perfect!
    Happy Holidays!

34. 34

Your blog is so beautiful and your pictures are perfect!
    Happy Holidays!

35. 35

I just saw some ornaments at Walmart that I fell in love with. Now I know what I can do with them. Good thing they are open late so I can run back and get them.

Trackbacks

1. […] Christmas wreath took about 20 minutes to make. My friend Cheryl at Tidy Mom made a similar wreath using a wire coat hanger which I would have done if I didn’t already have this styrofoam […]

I’d love to hear from you, leave a comment