follow TidyMom on Pinterest

AMAZING Pulled Pork

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!!

St. Louis stayed true to form and rained most of the weekend.

I have to share an AMAZING new recipe I tried last week!

Have you ever checked out The Pioneer Woman? I’m sure many of you have, but if you haven’t, you don’t know what you’re missing. Not only does Ree take amazing pictures but she has out of this world recipes and she posts LOTS of step by step pictures with her recipes!

Last week I wanted to make Pulled Pork Sandwiches and I happened across Ree’s Spicy Shredded Pork Recipe - I made just a few minor changes due to what I had available.

Let me tell you……….you have NOT had Pulled Pork until you’ve had this Spicy Shredded Pork! OMG it was AMAZING! I mean, it was SOOOO good we all could NOT stop raving about it while eating, we ate the left overs for 2 more meals (which we NEVER do) and it kept getting better each time we ate it!

Well, I can’t say any more……………here’s my version – but be sure to head over to The Pioneer Woman and see how she does it.

Amazing Pulled Pork Recipe at TidyMom.net

AMAZING Pulled Pork

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 6 hours

Total Time: 6 hours, 5 minutes

AMAZING Pulled Pork

Ingredients

• 4-7 pound pork butt roast with bone (or pork shoulder)
  • 1 tsp Chili powder
  • 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
  • 3-4 Cloves of Garlic (I use the jarred minced garlic)
  • 1 tsp dried Oregano
  • 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
  • 2 Tbsp Salt & Pepper
  • 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar

Instructions

1. Rinse roast and pat dry.
  2. Blend all of the ingredients (except roast) in food processor, I used my Magic Bullet.
  3. Rub all over roast. Be sure to get into all creases and folds in the roast.
  4. Spray roasting pan with no-stick spray and place roast in roster (I used my Nesco Roaster ) and added about 1-1/2 cups water and cover with lid. Roast at 300, 4-6 hours (1 hour per pound) – turning every hour.
  5. When it’s fork tender, remove the lid, roast it by cranking the temperature to 400 and let it cook skin side up for another 15-20 mins. This step makes it nice and crispy! (best part according to my family)
  6. Let it sit for about 10 mins. before shredding.
  7. Remove bone (if you have one) and shred meat on a platter with two forks. Be sure to pour the juice from the pan over the pork. – I could NOT keep my family’s fingers OUT at this point!
  8. We served it with buns and BBQ sauce but it was also fantastic right off the platter!

Notes

Eat left overs cold on a bun with BBQ sauce until gone!

NOTES: You could do this with a slow cooker, but you would not get the crispy skin that you get by roasting this meat, and in my opinion, that’s what made this SO good.

My roast was almost 5 pounds and fed 7 people.

Ree’s recipe calls for white wine vinegar, but I only had red wine vinegar.

My store did not have a pork shoulder roast, the butcher suggested the pork butt, and I bought bone in for more flavor (and it was cheaper).

I did NOT spray my roaster with no stick spray and I had to soak my pan for 2 days – so next time I will spray my roaster first!

© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

“Like this recipe? Add it to your personal recipe box to make later or add the ingredients to your online shopping list to make it this week. Just click the Save Recipe button to get started.”

Get what you need to make Amazing Pulled Pork

I can’t wait to make this again! It’s a DEFINITE keeper in our house!

If you’re new to TidyMom, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed or Email. I would also love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for visiting!
About TidyMom

Comments

1. 1
    SkylarKD says:

Mmmm…. this sounds SO good! My mother-in-law has raved about pulled pork, and I think I’m going to have to try it!

2. 2
    SkylarKD says:

3. 3
    Lisa@BlessedwithGrace says:

This looks great!! I have a a large pork shoulder in the freezer that I was needing to do something with!! Woohoo! Thanks.

4. 4
    Lisa@BlessedwithGrace says:

5. 5
    Tara @ Feels like home says:

I love pulled pork. It’s one of my favorite meat dishes. I prefer when the meat is bathed in BBQ sauce during cooking, but this looks delicious, too. We’ll have to try it.

6. 6
    Tara @ Feels like home says:

7. 7
    TidyMom says:

Tara I have ALWAYS prefered it bathed in BBQ sauce as well, and had every intention of doing that this time – but while shredding the roast it was SO unbelievably good, we decided to leave it off and add it to our sandwiches!

~TidyMom

8. 8
    TidyMom says:

~TidyMom

9. 9

Wow, definitely sounds worth trying! Thanks for sharing.

10. 10

Wow, definitely sounds worth trying! Thanks for sharing.

11. 11

I clicked through on your recipe and found just what I was hoping for – a recipe for pork butt roast since I just purchased my first one ever! (It’s true – been cooking for over 15 years, but never tried one!) Guess your recipe will be my initial attempt!

12. 12

13. 13
    Tiffany says:

Oh dear! This recipe reminds me of Texas. Are you in Texas, girl? :) I love it! Pulled pork….mmmm mmmmm mmmmm….so good! Thanks for helping me make out my menu this week! :)

14. 14
    Tiffany says:

15. 15
    He And Me + 3 says:

This reminds me of NC. We love the bbq there. so different from bbq up north. Those pictures and the recipe look so yummy. Now I want some pulled pork. I can taste it already.

16. 16
    He And Me + 3 says:

17. 17

Methinks that pulled pork is a typically western or southern American dish of hospitality! Glad you served it up!

18. 18

19. 19

we have pulled pork on the menu for later in the week and I haven’t chosen a recipe yet.

20. 20

21. 21
    Centsational Girl says:

How funny that I stumbled across your lovely blog, and I am making pork tonight ! I will follow your amazing recipe – yum !

22. 22
    Centsational Girl says:

23. 23
    Nicole Feliciano says:

I know you love cooking and I thought you might like to share one of your successes like this pork with Momtrends reader. Here is my link for Friday Feasts:

I hope you’ll stop by with a recipe, cooking tip or menu suggestion. Have a great weekend.

24. 24
    Nicole Feliciano says:

25. 25
    Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book says:

This looks incredibly delicious. I have been wanting to get my hands on a good pulled pork recipe and this one looks like a good one. Thanks!

26. 26
    Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book says:

27. 27

Ree does have some amazing recipes. I haven’t seen this one before, so thanks for sharing. It looks delicious!

28. 28

29. 29

Tried this for dinner the other night…it was fantastic! Thanks for the recipe!

30. 30

Tried this for dinner the other night…it was fantastic! Thanks for the recipe!

31. 31

My NEW favorite way to eat a roast. I’ve always just shredded mine and tossed in a bottle of BBQ sauce…this gave it so much more flavor. I did add a bit of Jack Daniels BBQ at the end and we ate it for 2 nights! Everyone loved it.

32. 32

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, it looks fantastic, I can’t wait to try it!

Trackbacks

1. [...] Corn is always a favorite vegetable in our house. It goes with everything from flank steak sandwiches to pulled pork. [...]

2. [...] Amazing Pulled Pork Sandwiches [...]

3. […] The sweet flavors of the fruit are perfect with any spring or summer meal. From BBQ ribs to pulled pork sandwiches, to steaks, grilled chicken or even Tilapia.  The crunchy cabbage and pecans give great texture […]

I’d love to hear from you, leave a comment