Small Space Laundry Makeover – From Drab to Fab!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
From drab to fab SMALL SPACE LAUNDRY MAKEOVER! A real laundry room with practical ideas, fresh paint, organization accessories and Samsung activewash Washer and Dryer give this small laundry closet a fun facelift!
I’m so excited to share this post with you today! Two years ago, at the age of 26 our daughter bought her own home!! She works really hard, and deserves it!! She was lucky to have acquired quite a bit of nice furniture when my mom downsized to an apartment, and I’ve been helping her with decorating The one space that has really been neglected in her cute home, is the small space laundry closet behind bifold doors in the hallway between the dinning room and bedrooms. It was totally lacking character, and …..pretty stuff 😉
We removed everything from the space that wasn’t attached. (and found a new spot for the fire extinguisher)
SMALL SPACE LAUNDRY FROM DRAB TO FAB
The closet already had a nice sturdy wood shelf unit, so we decided fresh paint was all it needed. Heather gave it a few coats of milk paint in Van Gogh Blue with a clear wax finish. The pop of color instantly made a huge difference!
Thanks to Wayfair for providing many of the tools we needed to organize the space. We hung a grocery bag dispenser for storing empty grocery bags (I think I need to get one for our house too!). Hand woven hyacinth baskets to coral cleaning supplies as well as some extra kitchen items, and the seagrass lined shelf basket was perfect for storying dryer sheets and stain remover. The glass jars are ideal for laundry detergent and clothes pins.
The rug and faux plants make the closet feel a little more like a room and I absolutely love the lined banana leaf laundry basket and chalk board sign. We didn’t have room to hang a wall mount dryer in the laundry room, but, I’m hoping to hang it in one of the bathrooms.
We even replaced the old ugly outlet plate cover with a satin nickel wallplate, and since there is no light switch (just a light bulb with a pull string) or windows, I replaced the bulb with a brighter daylight bulb and ditched the ugly frayed string for a brushed nickel pull chain. Sometimes it’s the little things that can pull it all together!
SAMSUNG ACTIVE WASH TOP LOAD WASHER AND ELECTRIC DRYER
Let’s face it, the real stars of this makeover are the new babies hhgregg delivered to Heather’s house several weeks ago! Two of the nicest delivery guys moved out the old set and quickly and carefully installed the new appliances then explained all the features!
I have to admit, I’m kind of jealous. Not only do the Samsung washer and dryer look pretty, but they have some pretty incredible features that can help streamline your laundry process.
Samsung 5 cu ft capacity ActiveWash™ Top Load Washer (model: WA50K8600AV) favorite features
- Activewash™: If you have a small space laundry, like Heather, you probably don’t have room for a sink. This Samsung Top Load Washer features activewash™ includes a built-in sink and a powerful water jet for a one stop solution for stain removal and pre-washing! Not only can you pre-soak and pre-treat but you can dump it directly into the washing machine when it is done. No mess moving wet clothes from a sink to the washing machine! how cool is that?!
- Large Capacity – This machine has a seriously large capacity, allowing you to do bigger loads = less time doing laundry!! This will also come in handy when washing blankets and other larger items.
- Super Speed – Wash clothes 40% faster without sacrificing cleaning performance. Super Speed, allowss you to quickly wash a full load in as little as 36 minutes. Sweet!!
- Self-clean – Keeps your laundry drum fresh and odor-free. Self Clean reminds you to clean the tub every forty wash cycles.
Samsung 7.4 cu ft. capacity Dryer (model: DV50K8600EV) favorite features:
- Multi-Steam Technology- helps freshen clothes by steaming away wrinkles, odors, bacteria and static.
- Vent Sensor- will detect duct blockage and reminds you to clean the vent
- Sensory Dry – moisture sensors detect when laundry has reached the optimal degree of dryness. This helps protect your laundry from heat damage by automatically shutting off the dryer when your clothes are dry.
Both washer and dryer have integrated touch controls that give the space a clean, sleek, modern look! and, wait for it……Smart Care! and app for your smart phone The Smart Washer App allows you to control your Samsung washer/dryer remotely from your smart phone, and notifies you of the status of the washer/dryer, whether it has a problem and the actions you can take to solve it from your smart phone! Pretty awesome huh?!
When my husband saw the pictures, he asked what we did to make the small space bigger……mission accomplished!! It’s a amazing what a little paint, accessories and sleek new machines can do to a small space laundry closet!!
One last look at the before and after!
Heather absolutely loves her stylish small laundry closet now. It’s bright, cheery and functional!
Disclosure: Thanks to hhgregg and Wayfair for helping us with this laundry closet makeover. All views and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that keep tasty food and tidy life tips coming straight to your inbox! This post contains affiliate links, as well.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.